What's new

Joe Ingles Appreciation Thread (Edit: Confirmed ACL, Out for Season)

we should merge this with the Joe Ingles appreciate thread where we already have a robust conversation going about the ACL injury and the response from around the league.

Joe is the heart and soul of this team. We need to dig deep after this one. This is one of the most devastating injuries we have seen as jazz fans honestly.

This sums it up well.

Thanks for sharing this. I've played soccer all my life with players from all over the world, and it's a sign of love and respect to touch on the head especially to console in times of defeat or injury. That's an emotional moment.

Thanks again for sharing. Damn this sucks.

I am pretty sure he is going to retire after this, but damn it would be great to see him come back on a minimum salary or something for one final season, round out some of this kind of stuff. Gonna really miss the Jingles era in Jazz history, it has been one of the best.

I am pretty sure he is going to retire after this, but damn it would be great to see him come back on a minimum salary or something for one final season, round out some of this kind of stuff. Gonna really miss the Jingles era in Jazz history, it has been one of the best.
It would be so incredible if we could shift to a younger team prior to the deadline or in the summer, then Joe comes back from injury in December next year 100% ready to go. That would be so awesome.

Depends on if the franchise views it the same way the fanbase does. I hope they do. Joe deserves his jersey to be retired. And a trophy.
I always wanted both him and Favors' jersey retired, but on that I also wish there was a Jazz ring of honor for guys like both of them who are borderline but really were important to the franchise.

I always wanted both him and Favors' jersey retired, but on that I also wish there was a Jazz ring of honor for guys like both of them who are borderline but really were important to the franchise.
A ring of honor is a great idea. Could be Jazz Family Members of Note, or something, so that way it could be players and others not just players.

This is a sad day. Definitely one of my all time Jazz favorites. No idea if he will want to play after this season... or if it's the end... either way - tons of respect for Ingles. If he wants to try a comeback next year... I wouldn't mind a keeping him on a minimum.

Joe is definitely one of my all time fav Jazzmen- Im so glad I bought his Jersey when they had it Rebel Sport. I hope we can sign him to veterans min and keep him around he's an extra coach on the floor and you can see the guys love him and see the value in him.
I miss the Aussie trash talking already....he needs to end his career here retire here

This is a sad day. Definitely one of my all time Jazz favorites. No idea if he will want to play after this season... or if it's the end... either way - tons of respect for Ingles. If he wants to try a comeback next year... I wouldn't mind a keeping him on a minimum.
Even if he just wants to hang out with the team and rehab all next year he can come back on a minimum.

Quickly turning into the most disappointing season in a long time. Maybe the last Dwill season? Or the first season with AK, Boozer, and Okur? We’ve gotta get healthy and steady the ship.