What's new

Joe Ingles

Joe is shooting 32.1% (32.0% from 3) on wide open shots (nobody within 6 feet) according to NBA.com. No way that possibly continues. He's way too good of a shooter for that.

Mike Conley is shooting 35.6% on wide open shots according to NBA.com. Can't see that continuing either.

Joe is shooting 32.1% (32.0% from 3) on wide open shots (nobody within 6 feet) according to NBA.com. No way that possibly continues. He's way too good of a shooter for that.

Mike Conley is shooting 35.6% on wide open shots according to NBA.com. Can't see that continuing either.
This.

Joe is almost money when he's wide open. He's just sucking right now

For whatever reason Joe has lost a step. Maybe he's tired. Maybe he's sick. Maybe he's just in a slump and because of that he doesn't have that energy. So how do we deal with any of those? Maybe starting him would provide a spark, who knows?

He’s been sick for a month?

Joe uses a lot of energy in defense (Mudiay and Green are not good defenders). He is less lucid on the 3P. It's a matter of effort distribution.

In 2017-18, he played a lot with Gobert. His main role was 3P sniper. 3P%=44%.
Last year, he played a lot with the bench. His main role was bench creator with decent defense. Our bench interior defense was good. 3P%=39%
This year, he is 6th man. His main role is bench creator with big defense. Since Ed Davis injury, our bench interior defense sucks. 3P%=28%

Ingles 3P% :
- Before Davis injury : 34%
- After Davis injury : 24%

Last edited:
Joe uses a lot of energy in defense (Mudiay and Green are not good defenders). He is less lucid on the 3P. It's a matter of effort distribution.

In 2017-18, he played a lot with Gobert. His main role was 3P sniper. 3P%=44%.
Last year, he played a lot with the bench. His main role was bench creator with decent defense. Our bench interior defense was good. 3P%=39%
This year, he is 6th man. His main role is bench creator with big defense. Since Ed Davis injury, our bench interior defense sucks. 3P%=28%

Ingles 3P% :
- Before Davis injury : 34%
- After Davis injury : 24%
Good catch. That’s interesting.

If there’s truly something to this, then it’s a legit reason to be peeved by how heavily team Australia had to lean on him this summer.

Last edited:
Exum’s return should help. I also think as one poster mentioned, effort distribution is key.

You want to know which nba starter traveled the least amount in the entire nba two years ago?

Lebron James.

Exum’s return should help. I also think as one poster mentioned, effort distribution is key.

You want to know which nba starter traveled the least amount in the entire nba two years ago?

Lebron James.
Called for travel? Traveled least miles with their team on road trips? Had the least amount of miles logged in game time? I’m assuming the first but don’t know.

Called for travel? Traveled least miles with their team on road trips? Had the least amount of miles logged in game time? I’m assuming the first but don’t know.

Traveled the least on the court. Ran the least amount. They actually measure that.

Joe ingles is simply in brick mode. Thats all. Hes gona surely find his shot

Joe The Builder.

upload_2019-11-25_9-18-2.png

upload_2019-11-25_9-20-19.png

I will never give up on Joe... he will come and knock soon... it will be on all of you to open the door and receive him.

Joe is a pure system player and will need some time to adjust to his new teammates. We have a lot of new faces and coming off the bench doesn't get to play with DM and Gobert nearly as much. He is one player I'm not that worried about.

I can live with the poor shooting it's the forced passes on p&r that concerns me, defenses are kyp'ing that 95% of the time he's going to try that pocket pass.

I'm now in full-support of making him a starter. He needs to play with a roll man and another creator that passes the basketball. His skills are being wasted in the second unit. He should be playing the first and last six minutes of each half.