What's new

John Cleese

Don't think Cleese was in Field of Dreams
Could be wrong though
He was Shoeless Joe. He was amazing and, little known fact, the makeup department won an Oscar for the way they were able to transform him.

My favorite John Cleese role were opposite John Candy in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and his romantic turn in Notting Hill.

My favorite John Cleese role were opposite John Candy in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and his romantic turn in Notting Hill.
Underrated role, TBH. He’s got so many though that some are bound to go less noticed.

And don't forget his other great roles
Vito Corleone in Godfather
Luke Skywalker in Star Wars
Rocky in Rocky
Rooster Cogburn in True Grit
The list goes on and on :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No he was Franz Gruber in Die Hard. Pair that with his younger self in the role opposite Phoebe Cates in Gremlins, he might be the best Christmas film actor since Jimmy Stewart.
You're walking down the street, just minding your own business. You happen to glance at a store window, and, seeing your reflection, suddenly you realize you're being played by Gary Oldman.

That's how good he is.

Something something about having to explain a joke. Everyone focusing in on Big Trouble in Little China and not enough emphasis on Driving Miss Daisy and Magic Mike.
Something something about you keep responding only to comments directly about BTILC, and something something about you not understanding how internet comments work.

No he was Franz Gruber in Die Hard. Pair that with his younger self in the role opposite Phoebe Cates in Gremlins, he might be the best Christmas film actor since Jimmy Stewart.
Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

More news on this front.

(KUTV) — Actor and die-hard Utah Jazz fan John Cleese asked Twitter Monday for help getting tickets to the team's game against Phoenix.

Cleese posted that he has "supported them for 20 years and never yet seen them live."

"My beloved Utah Jazz are playing the Suns on Wednesday in Phoenix," the Monty Python actor and comedian posted. "Can anyone help me and my daughter Camilla to get to go to watch the game?"

Ryan Smith, owner of the Jazz and founder of Qualtrics, replied to Cleese.

"We got you man," he said.

tenor.gif