What's new

Jonas Waived

Ah crap. I like Jonas. And his team just got beat by England in World cup bad day for him.

He plays very well in a specific role, I wish the jazz could keep everyone. Then again maybe he wanted to move on.

Just announced. Who the hell is gonna stretch the floor for the second team?

Ingles, Crowder, Thabo, Royce, etc.... Jazz aren't hurting really there actually and they call can do spot minutes at the four. This is more about flexibility and contingencies.

Maybe they think he’s ready, but I would’ve rather cut Udoh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I say waive them both. Bring up Bradley and Gorgeous George.

Gobert/Bradley
Favors/Crowder/Niang
Ingles/Sefolosha/O’Neale
Mitchell/Allen/Burks
Rubio/Exum/Neto

I’ll be honest, when it came to the playoffs he was a minus on D every time he was out there. He was good for the regular season— but this is a playoff team now.

He had great camaraderie with our team, and he’ll be missed. Forever rooting for him.

Honestly I say waive them both. Bring up Bradley and Gorgeous George.

Gobert/Bradley
Favors/Crowder/Niang
Ingles/Sefolosha/O’Neale
Mitchell/Allen/Burks
Rubio/Exum/Neto

Bradley isn’t ready, he just isn’t. I think next season is the perfect time for him to take that 2nd/3rd big role

Waiving Jonas makes sense. He makes too much money for his roster spot. 4 million for the 13th/14th guy on the roster is a lot when you are sniffing the LT. This move gives them breathing room in a potential trade scenario where they take back a bit more money. I think it's pretty obvious they are going to sign a minimum contract player like a Niang, Mitrou-Long, Stanton Kidd, or someone not on our radar ala Royce O'Neale from last year.