What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
Theory: The leak happened and Bartelstein went into damage control mode. DL was pissed, but Bart talked him into lying for him so they could announce it themselves. He told them he would get Ainge to agree to a S&T if the Jazz just played ball and acted like no real decision had been made.

I hate conspiracies, but I'll get behind this.

Crowder at 7m (less than the MLE) is an absolute steal. Multiple position defender, good 3 point shooter.

Ainge is not going to trade Crowder. He is going to try to shed the guys looking for big contracts after next year.

Ainge is not going to trade Crowder. He is going to try to shed the guys looking for big contracts after next year.

They have a logjam at SF with 2 sf's drafted, Crowder, and Hayward. They're not gonna trade the guys they just drafted or the FA they just got.

Diaw Hayward for the 3 Celtics. That's the only offer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, then we take Bradley as well. But Crowder has to be in the deal, or **** off Danny boy...

Even if Boston and Hayward agree to this what are we realistically getting back? Probably like Crowder and a second rounder. **** that. 1) Screw Boston. I don't want to take a contract just to open the space for them to have the unloyal h*. 2) I don't want Crowder. I like him as a player but I don't want to be locked in to his contract for 3 years. Even though it's a cheap 7 million per year. I'd rather have the cap space for next years free agency. Go get a max player and prove that Utah is a FA destination.

I would love it if we could get Crowder back somehow. He's way better than anyone currently available and is on an extremely good contract.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Could have traded him last year. Reading that letter there was a 0% chance he wasn't always going to team up with Stevens. Should have told us that instead of jerking us around all offseason.

Even if Boston and Hayward agree to this what are we realistically getting back? Probably like Crowder and a second rounder. **** that. 1) Screw Boston. I don't want to take a contract just to open the space for them to have the unloyal h*. 2) I don't want Crowder. I like him as a player but I don't want to be locked in to his contract for 3 years. Even though it's a cheap 7 million per year. I'd rather have the cap space for next years free agency. Go get a max player and prove that Utah is a FA destination.

Extremely bad take. If they offered Crowder you immediately accept right away. He would fill the void left by Hayward better than any FA available.

Listening to 97.5/1280 (being an unpaid Uber driver for my kids) and Spencer Checketts tweeted something about this already as well, Hayward's decision cost the Jazz their plan B and their plan C because the other teams had to move on with their business. You can speculate but most believe Otto Porter was B and Gallinari was C.

I may edit this as I lost my train of thought, but they went into a bit more detail about the delays and how it was handled costing the Jazz and not just the Jazz but other FA NBA players, things like that.

Not really sure why the celtics/hayward would do this. But it gives us one more time for ****ward to let us down

It's like 3-4 million bucks. Neither side gives a **** about that as @lograd98 has been saying for a year. The issue is apparently that Boston needs to clear a bit of cap space to sign Hayward.

Extremely bad take. If they offered Crowder you immediately accept right away. He would fill the void left by Hayward better than any FA available.

He's a good player on a great contract. But we aren't winning anything next year regardless of what replacement we find for Hayward. I don't want long-term contracts. I want cap space to land a max player in FA next summer.

Hayward is the most scumbag player we ever had. Screwed us more than anyone. Ruined us getting hood or gallinari. If he doesn't agree to sign and trade at least he's king *******.