What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
But how do you know when that moment has occurred? I dont see the Jazz plateauing anytime soon.

Obviously that's subjective. I guess the better question is, assuming we keep our current roster mainly intact, what do you see as this team's ceiling? Because if it's not that of a championship caliber team, does it really matter when we plateau?

Boston will come back to the table with something. What will that tell you about our negotiating position?

Of course they will. We are the ones in the position of strength. If you can't see that, then you don't know anything about negotiating -- not referring to NAOS who I agree with but to CY who he responded to.

Maybe we could just get Semi from them? They wouldn't have to give up any pieces that will be crucial this year to their success or with big upside. We get a solid piece back.

I figure they are playing chicken now. Ainge is asking for too much and DL is telling him good luck with that and see you later.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Of course they will. We are the ones in the position of strength. If you can't see that, then you don't know anything about negotiating -- not referring to NAOS who I agree with but to CY who he responded to.

I don't know that I really agree. I think they could trade any one of Smart, Crowder, or Bradley to a number of teams in the NBA and get the cap relief they need.

I have no clue why you think this. But you're wrong.

We are the ones who will lose Hayward for nothing, it's not hard for Boston to move one of the best contracts in the league to another team.

You're really just out of your element here. You're like a checkers champion trying to advise someone playing chess that he needs to triple jump so he can get his rook crowned.

If it got done it could take some time. Ainge isn't in a rush. Yet. If he's not finding takers over the next 24 hours then there's more pressure. People have known he's had to clear these guys for a few days now and nothing has materialized. At least Ainge hasn't bitten on anything.

After the whole blow up from Jazz fans my guess would be Gordan would take the pay cut before they just hand us Crowder.

Did anyone expect anything else?

For Ainge to play hardball? Of course we all expected that. I guess we will see what kind of trade Value those players have. I think DL will call his bluff though. They need to trade Crowder. Bradley is too good to let go and Crowder wants out.

If not, oh well.

Let's calm down just a bit. Ainge and Stevens flew back to Boston today. That's an all day flight. Pretty tough to get alot done today because of travel.

Did anyone expect anything else?

We had a couple of things going for us. Not sure I ever took DA's son's election seriously as a factor, but the other thing is GM's sometimes extend a personal courtesy in a situation like this. Because we are losing Hayward for nothing and Boston will have to move Crowder at some point, sometimes a GM will extend a professional courtesy for a reasonable offer, even though he could probably do a little better elsewhere. Basically, a situation of I'll do you a little favor now, and I'll expect the same treatment at some point in the future.

However, I was always skeptical of Danny Ainge cutting us a break. He has DL over a barrel and apparently DL refused the Trump treatment. I'm guessing Danny wanted an unprotected or lightly protected pick and DL stuck his ground for lottery protected, which is understandable.

Anyway, Danny Ainge has just become my most hated GM and I will be wishing pure evil upon him, as well as his team. He will try and squeeze every little drop of value from Crowder, rather than cut us a break when we just lost a major asset. I'm guessing it's because he's so unbending that Chicago and Indiana refused to deal with him. This **** will come back to haunt him, as GM's talk to each other and will give him the same treatment when the day comes the shoe is on the other foot.