What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
The Jazz are just as well off taking a step back and bringing in a young player with more upside. I like Crowder though.

We never had any leverage. I am not sure where that even got started. Best case we had for a S&T was cap relief for Boston and we would likely have to pay a little to get a little. Now that will not materialize, was probably fantasy from the beginning, but from the get-go this entire discussion was about lube. Do we get any or not. And the answer is not.

celtics lost bradley, olynik, and soon crowder...LOL

they traded 22ppg hayward lost 16ppg bradley, 14ppg crowder, and 9 ppg olynik..

that's not looking good IMO unless tatum does it up.

celtics lost bradley, olynik, and soon crowder...LOL

they traded 22ppg hayward lost 16ppg bradley, 14ppg crowder, and 9 ppg olynik..

that's not looking good IMO unless tatum does it up.

They got Ante Zizic tho.

We need to update the title of this thread or close it. The Celtics are no long planning to trade Crowder.

We need to update the title of this thread or close it. The Celtics are no long planning to trade Crowder.

They may not be planning to, but the rumor was that he was disgruntled. However, if Hay plays the 2, then that might change things. So in essence they chose Crowder over Bradley because of his contract, which to me is dumb, but then I'm not their GM. I don't think Hay can guard the 2 that well, but we shall see.

Do I get some kind of award for creating this thread? I want to rub it in beantown's face.

Ainge is going to trade Crowder. I know that having lots of wings is a trendy thing in the NBA right now, but think about the Celtics trotting out Hayward, Brown, Tatum and Crowder in their 7 man rotation. It's crazy. I don't think they particularly had a logjam at guard, trading Bradley for Morris is a step back. Really, that was Ainge's obsession with compiling assets while the team likely suffers in the short term -- he knows he can't keep Bradley next year so he wanted something in return. But Bradley was one of the best defensive guards in the league who chipped in 16 points. Now their backcourt is Marcus Smart and IT and not a ton of depth behind that.

Crowder's minutes are going to suffer and his trade value corresponingly. Ainge is likely going to seek a young combo guard in exchange for Crowder.

Another little nugget I found amusing -- Avery Bradley outrebounded Marcus Morris by close to 1.5 rebounds last year. Lol.

[MENTION=2296]Eenie-Meenie[/MENTION] lmao. I like how everyone tried to explain the situation to him and he just ignored them.

I didn't ignore them. I didn't see the explanation in the main thread because I didn't read every comment. But once the Celts traded Bradley it became clear they didn't need to trade Crowder to sign Hayward. However if it cuts into Crowder's minutes, if Hay can't consistently defend as a SG, it might affect Crowder. Reports indicated he wasn't happy at the prospect of Hayward signing with Boston.

meh. losing a quality player for nothing sucks.

the only way this situation could become entertaining would be if Gordon's addition somehow triggers the Celtics going backwards and which results in the coach's termination.

that'd be awkward!

meh. losing a quality player for nothing sucks.

the only way this situation could become entertaining would be if Gordon's addition somehow triggers the Celtics going backwards and which results in the coach's termination.

that'd be awkward!

I like the way you think!

I didn't ignore them. I didn't see the explanation in the main thread because I didn't read every comment. But once the Celts traded Bradley it became clear they didn't need to trade Crowder to sign Hayward. However if it cuts into Crowder's minutes, if Hay can't consistently defend as a SG, it might affect Crowder. Reports indicated he wasn't happy at the prospect of Hayward signing with Boston.

Nah, Crowder is ready to carry Hayward's jock. I mean, H-Dogs a muther ****ing alpha! He's gonna walk into that locker room and tell bitches what's up. And if they don't like it, Hayward is gonna tell Coach Stevens on them.

Jazz should get another team involved. Team X trades for Crowder, then flips him to Utah for better assets than they gave up.