What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
BTW their great big Euro hope has looked like **** so far in SL. They might still need to balance their roster.

People acted like he was starter from day one. Go ahead Boston anchor your defense to that guy.

Jazz just getting mercilessly dicked. This **** ****ing sucks.

But they cannot be giving up first-rounders anymore. If I could undo the Rubio trade I do it so ****ing fast. The market is soft, if they wanted to trade him now they would probably not get as much as they paid.

Whether this teams blows it up (they won't [don't have the guts]) or not, this is all about drafting and development. I love Jae Crowder, but not for whatever insane price Ainge was almost certainly asking.

Jazz just getting mercilessly dicked. This **** ****ing sucks.

But they cannot be giving up first-rounders anymore. If I could undo the Rubio trade I do it so ****ing fast. The market is soft, if they wanted to trade him now they would probably not get as much as they paid.

Whether this teams blows it up (they won't [don't have the guts]) or not, this is all about drafting and development. I love Jae Crowder, but not for whatever insane price Ainge was almost certainly asking.

Ricky and Rudy will save us

Doesn't make sense because you refused to listen/read what others were saying, as this has been discussed repeatedly. Bradley will be an unrestricted free agent in a year that was going to cost a lot to retain. Good player, but probably not worth keeping for what he would cost next year.

Crowder is also a good player, but on a very cheap deal for 3 more years. Smart is an ok player who will be a restricted free agent in a year. He's the guy they should have dealt over Bradley, but maybe they just couldn't find the right trade.

Anyway, there were many options for the Celtics, including trading Bradley for a player that cost just enough less that it made the Haywood signing possible.
Utah never had any kind of leverage here. We needed to make a fair offer on Crowder and hope for the best, but Crowder being the best asset of the 3, wasn't going to be given away.

Yes, I saw that but the reports said they had to get rid of 2 / 3 and Crowder and Smart seemed the obvious choices. I guess they didn't want to pay Bradley next year. And as was suggested, looks like they will be starting Hayward at SG now with Bradley traded. Gordon royally screwed us.

What about Jonothan Simmons? He can push Burks.

I think he has the girth to be a 3 and sometimes play 4. I like it. Not sure if SA can match now with Gay, but we might be able to work a sign and trade. SA owes us a couple small favors.

Yes, I saw that but the reports said they had to get rid of 2 / 3 and Crowder and Smart seemed the obvious choices. I guess they didn't want to pay Bradley next year. And as was suggested, looks like they will be starting Hayward at SG now with Bradley traded. Gordon royally screwed us.

Ainge is a pirate hoarder. If he was really concerned with winning this year this move doesn't happen. Add in that Bradley can play the 1 in a pinch if IT isn't healthy to the confusion. The Boston homers are not happy. Crowder was the obvious choice if there was something half decent... Smart likely nets a couple seconds at this point... maybe a first.

Bradley is super under-rated and I think they will regret this... Guys that do stuff off ball are so important.

Yeah, lol. Everyone hype that dude up and he doesnt look any better than Tony Bradley and that's with Bradley being a year younger. Zizic is still pretty young though and could improve a lot once he gets use to NBA game.

Yeah, to judge anyone on 3 summer league games is a bit ridiculous. Zizic played well in the Euroleague last season for the most part. So someone so young to get good minutes is promising. His offense has a ways to go though.

I can't wait until the day DL has a chance to screw Boston in the form of wasting their time on a potential move. I'm not pissed Boston signed Dash Hayward because all is fair in free agency signings but Ainge's attitude has always irked me. I hope Ainge wants something from DL someday and DL gives him a steep price tag and tells him if he doesn't like it he can go ---- Hayward.

Offer to do the S&T with Hayward and a 2nd round pick going to Boston (throw in NWG if Ainge plays hardball) and a non-guaranteed contract or Rozier coming back to Utah. Make a fair offer for Crowder, but walk away from that deal if they hold out. Doesn't have any impact on the S&T deal. Do that separately.

Keep Favors. Jazz won't get better value than a healthy Favors could give them. Might as well roll that dice. Gobert, Favors, Hood, Mitchell and Rubio starting. JJ, Jingles and Exum lead the bench unit. Pick up a couple of cheap one year vets (or young guys looking to prove themselves.) Roll with that and be ready to jump on any deals that come up.

Yeah, I think some sort of sign-and-trade like that is most likely at this point. Maybe this: Hayward + Jazz 2nd round pick for Celtics 2nd round pick. That way the Jazz still get the large trade exception instead of losing Hayward for absolutely nothing, and Boston gets a slightly better 2nd round pick (assuming they finish ahead of the Jazz).

Yeah, I think some sort of sign-and-trade like that is most likely at this point. Maybe this: Hayward + Jazz 2nd round pick for Celtics 2nd round pick. That way the Jazz still get the large trade exception instead of losing Hayward for absolutely nothing, and Boston gets a slightly better 2nd round pick (assuming they finish ahead of the Jazz).
Yep. That sounds like a good deal for both sides and Hayward and his agent get to save some face after the "indecision" debacle. DL should be pushing this to the agent more than Hayward or Ainge.

So much for our leverage. LMAO

I'm so ****ing annoyed right now, I better just log off.

Offer to do the S&T with Hayward and a 2nd round pick going to Boston (throw in NWG if Ainge plays hardball) and a non-guaranteed contract or Rozier coming back to Utah. Make a fair offer for Crowder, but walk away from that deal if they hold out. Doesn't have any impact on the S&T deal. Do that separately.

Keep Favors. Jazz won't get better value than a healthy Favors could give them. Might as well roll that dice. Gobert, Favors, Hood, Mitchell and Rubio starting. JJ, Jingles and Exum lead the bench unit. Pick up a couple of cheap one year vets (or young guys looking to prove themselves.) Roll with that and be ready to jump on any deals that come up.

We can't start Favors with Gobert and Rubio. Spacing nightmare. I like Favs but I really think it's time to move on. He's oft-injured and doesn't fit next to Rudy or in the general style of play. Plus he's a free agent next year and we need that money free. We need to get assets back for him while we can. I agree with your overall plan of action though.