What's new

Josh Howard has agreed to terms with Utah

dalamon said:
My post was simply supposed to be a mood-lightener; Ive determined a few pages ago that it is highly unlikely that either of you will probably back away from your points, and this is likely to go on and on, regardless of who is "right". Hence, I think it would be best if we just drop it, and we just let this "is something thats illegal necessarily bad?" bickering to just die out, for the sake of the enjoyment of most posters.
That's great and all, but some of us are concerned about people who think that ideas that run contrary to their culture aren't worthy of consideration. That sort of thinking is not only dismissive and stupid, but also potentially dangerous.

I just had a nice visit with my grandparents. My grandmother, whose father was (until he was found out) a Jew in occupied Vienna, and my grandfather, who was a Slav in Mussolini's Italy, talk about their experiences frequently.

Last edited:
Is it really that hard to give a guy the clean slate? I'm looking forward to getting to know Howard as my new teammate. I don't care who he was. I care who he is. (Deep, I know, and I'm not charging a thing for it.)
The Jazz signed you too? Now I am getting concerned.

There's a great line in a song I like...portuguese, but the translation is:

Why is everything I like illegal, immoral or fattening?

Marijuana isn't even illegal in every state. You guys need to chill out (bashing him for breaking the law).

A millionaire like Josh Howard would have no problems whatsoever getting a cannabis card. Maybe he has one in some state. I don't know and I don't care.

I have no problem with Howard smoking weed. I'm glad the Jazz got him.

The point is some of us want to talk about what a reasonable standard for bad behavior is.

That is, it seems now, despite what archie said earlier, that he can agree that not all things that are illegal are bad. Maybe he'd even admit that some historical illegal activities have been pretty beneficial, and that those who participated in those activities were not only not bad, but good. The founding fathers of America, and other American revolutionaries, are perfect examples of this.

This implies that illegality isn't a sufficient condition for concluding that either the breaking of the law or the breaker of the law is bad. The questions still remain: If illegality isn't a sufficient condition, what is/are? And, how does marijuana fit the standard implicit in your answer to that question.

but he said "synonymous", guy. So, yeah... synonymous. nuff said.

Their actions weren't good for their team. Hehepeepeecaca.

GVC must feel kind of stupid though after giving him examples of both. Can't backpeddle from that.
Not in the least. You've, yet again, missed the point.

Besides, Josh Howard is in no danger of getting an NBA suspension for his admitted offseason behaviors. Given that fact, do you really believe that every person who has broken a law at any point in history is bad? If yes, how do you reconcile that belief with your opinions about the American revolution and the revolutionaries that made it possible (that is, unless you're totally bummed the British aren't still in power)? If no, what is it you find so harmful about weed to write off all consumers of it as bad people?

Not in the least. You've, yet again, missed the point.

Besides, Josh Howard is in no danger of getting an NBA suspension for his admitted offseason behaviors. Given that fact, do you really believe that every person who has broken a law at any point in history is bad? If yes, how do you reconcile that belief with your opinions about the American revolution and the revolutionaries that made it possible (that is, unless you're totally bummed the British aren't still in power)? If no, what is it you find so harmful about weed to write off all consumers of it as bad people?
Didn't you hear? Brandon Rush and Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf got suspended. FAIL. SYNONYMOUS. NO **** SHERLOCK.

Just when Mr. Moses makes some strides, some progress, he goes and Archies another thread. Un****in' real. A new year's a comin' Archie. Maybe make a resolution or two.

He likes illegal drugs and doesn't respect the flag. Great guy!

Oh no, we're not debating social policy are we? Hmm, so since marijuana is illegal..... it's now bad? And I'm sure everyone likes respecting the flag of the United States of Wallstreet. But alas.... this is the wrong thread for this.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk