What's new

Game Thread Jul 05, 2022 07:00pm: Thunder Vs Jazz (Summer League)

Added to Calendar: 07-05-22

I don't think the current regime was really a thing last draft.
Which is exactly my point. We changed things up last year and we took Butler instead of Jones. That was bad. This year? We didn’t even draft anyone. I don’t think we can give management credit for the draft right now. If Ainge drafts guys like Tatum in the next few years? That’ll be great. But until then? Not sure we can give them much praise. Hopefully the Gobert trade works out?

Single wasn't hired until December, 6mos after the Butler pick took place. It was still DL’s crew in charge then. JZ is a puppet and he even went on and say Dok was the right pick because his team believe Dok was the best player available
Who’s single? I was specifically referring to Zanick who took over for Lindsey. I know people want to talk up Ainge as the new CEO which is great. I guess we want to grade the GM one year and then the CEO the next. But as of two years post Lindsey making the picks, we don’t have much to show for it.

Who’s single? I was specifically referring to Zanick who took over for Lindsey. I know people want to talk up Ainge as the new CEO which is great. I guess we want to grade the GM one year and then the CEO the next. But as of two years post Lindsey making the picks, we don’t have much to show for it.
JZ is a puppet taking charge of the “everyday operation”... basically your boss’s secretary. It was still DL who’s calling the shots until Ainge was hired.

JZ is a puppet taking charge of the “everyday operation”... basically your boss’s secretary. It was still DL who’s calling the shots until Ainge was hired.
Umm

1. Lindsey resigned on June 28, 2021
2. The Jazz drafted Butler on July 29, 2021.
3. Ainge was hired on December 15, 2021.

So Lindsey was still calling the shots and drafted Butler despite having resigned one month prior to the draft? And he continued running things until six months after he resigned until December of 2021? And Zanick is some secretary?

We all may need to face reality with Jared Butler...
Not gonna read a ton into it tbh. He played good defense and made decent passes… couple horrific reads but these guys have played together never and OKC is like the dream team of summer league.

Didn’t shoot well but one was a heave… was clearly a little rusty to start. Locke had mentioned that he wouldn’t be judged on scoring, but by how well he defends and plays with others… He will be better.

Don’t think bolmero is playing FIBA maybe he joins summer league later when trade is official

Kofi Cockburn has no shot in the NBA if his team isnt going to give him post up touches. Not a PNR big. Not a rim protector.

It's hard to tell. He played pnr with Ayo Dosunmu at Illinois, but there has been no space anywhere in the paint and OKC defenders are so damn long that they recover on our guards before we can do anything.

Ainge wasn't hired until December, 6mos after the Butler pick took place. It was still DL’s crew in charge then. JZ is a puppet and he even went on and say Dok was the right pick because his team believe Dok was the best player available. Yet Andy Larsen/Tony Jones/basically all jazz writers now saying DL was the one responsible for the Dok pick

Butler is fine for a 2nd round pick. However, we started with a late 1st-rd pick and could have had Herb Jones.

FW8f3T7UEAEn9zh