What's new

Game Thread Jul 30, 2020: Utah Jazz vs New Orleans Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 07-30-20

Harrell left for a family matter. A few other guys on the Clips are also not there iirc. JaMychael Green just showed up. But I think Zubac, Morris and Shamet aren’t there still.

Bledsoe isn’t there because he has Covid.

I feel like the NBA has been very quiet about all this.

Harrell left for a family matter. A few other guys on the Clips are also not there iirc. JaMychael Green just showed up. But I think Zubac, Morris and Shamet aren’t there still.

Bledsoe isn’t there because he has Covid.

I feel like the NBA has been very quiet about all this.
I heard kahwi was having some issues or something too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Zion has cleared quarantine, but now he hasn't played for 2 weeks. It's not clear whether he'll be ready to play significant minutes on Thursday.

Apparently the public acceptance of kneeling has swung dramatically since the days of Kapernick. I think we’re now left with the usual loud and obnoxious minority.
Agreed. Yet I know that some fans will be triggered.
Just yesterday a Facebook friend and co-worker (gameface probably knows who I'm talking about) was posting about how kneeling disrespects the flags and the troops and our country. I responded with a video that life on a plate made about the protest of kneeling during the anthem. Pretty sure he will just dismiss it though and continue thinking that kneeling during a song at a sporting event is one of the worst things a person can do.

Just yesterday a Facebook friend and co-worker (gameface probably knows who I'm talking about) was posting about how kneeling disrespects the flags and the troops and our country. I responded with a video that life on a plate made about the protest of kneeling during the anthem. Pretty sure he will just dismiss it though and continue thinking that kneeling during a song at a sporting event is one of the worst things a person can do.

How can people find kneeling offensive is something beyond me. It's a gesture associated with worship in most religions, showing respect, lowering yourself in front of authority. If someone was sitting I could get that it may be not well perceived but even than, sitting may also be associating with peaceful protest etc. I guess some people are unable to look beyond their habits and behave like circus animals: hear a melody - stand up, without being able to reflect on what it really represents or how a context may change its meaning. It's like they would be praying in church and heard beaten people screaming outside but carry on with their prayer and looked offended at someone who leaves.

Let’s all thank social media for helping these people broadcast their voices. o_O:rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with kneeling, it's because it's being done during the National Anthem.
I personally couldn't care less what happens before the games. As long as it doesn't affect the actual game who gives a ****.
They really shouldn't be playing the national anthem before the game. Makes no sense.

It makes less sense without fans in attendance. Do they play national anthems in FIBA tournaments?

In general in Europe anthems are played only if it's national teams playing. Which makes much more sense to me. In no league will you hear an anthem before a game unless it happens that the game is played on some national celebration day which may happen like once per year.

Apparently the public acceptance of kneeling has swung dramatically since the days of Kapernick. I think we’re now left with the usual loud and obnoxious minority.
I was one that didn't like it early either... it was more about the messenger (there was a lot of stuff around Colin at the time) and it wasn't super clear what he was trying to convey. I get it know and it isn't about disrespecting the flag or the country. Kaep deserves a lot of credit for shining a light on it early and I was definitely wrong for judging his motivations/experience.

I'm still incredibly naïve, but like to think I've made a lot of progress towards understanding these types of issues. Trying to evolve and get better.

there was a lot of stuff around Colin at the time
Exactly what stuff was around Kaepernick at the time that should cause people to fight against a peaceful protest and distort the message of why he did it?

I get it, when I first saw highlights of that preseason game and the beginning of that highlight showed him sitting, my first thoughts were negative, but when they showedhis response to questions after the highlights, those negative feelings went away like that.

It has nothing to do with kneeling, it's because it's being done during the National Anthem.
I personally couldn't care less what happens before the games. As long as it doesn't affect the actual game who gives a ****.
If he had done it in defiance of him getting benched or whatever, I’d agree, but the flag symbolizes his right to free speech or protest peacefully. There are a lot of idiots in this country.

It truly sucks that the sacrifices rest solely on pioneers.