What's new

Game Thread Jul 30, 2020: Utah Jazz vs New Orleans Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 07-30-20

Kap deserves nothing. He only started this nonsense when he lost his starting gig to Blaine Gabbert and his BLM girlfriend started getting in his ear.

Why do you think this matters?

Also, why do this during the anthem at all?

So people will see it.

Why not before that during pregame or even post game take a knee in solidarity and just leave the anthem out of it?

People would ignore it.

Would probably be a lot more accepted and the message that is trying to be conveyed wouldn't be lost in controversy.

It would not be more accepted, just over-looked.

Any protest that forced people to see it would be draped in controversy, because it's not about the anthem, or the flag. It's about people not wanting to hear the message.

See this is the only thing I don't care for. Today is basically opening day and we're talking politics and instead of coming together as fans and being untited we're telling each other how stupid each other is for having a different view. This is selfish on my part and I'm 100% behind the movement but sports, especially right now, is my get away from the daily stresses of life. It'd be nice to be able to tune in and forget about everything for a while even though it is a just cause. Especially with how ****** this last half of year has been for all of us. Again, I know that is selfish and it's not about me but it's one reason I like sports. It kind of defeats the purpose for me.

Last edited:
He;s ****ing kneeling, the symbol of respect. It's bad actors such as yourself who make it about something that it's not.

I never said anything bad about it, I simply said that it may be better to do it at a different time so as not to confuse the message.

You know, it's bad actors such as yourself who make reading comprehension a much needed fundamental so you don't take a quote and make it about something that it's not.

I never said anything bad about it, I simply said that it may be better to do it at a different time so as not to confuse the message.

You know, it's bad actors such as yourself who make reading comprehension a much needed fundamental so you don't take a quote and make it about something that it's not.
What is confusing about the message?

@One Brow, thanks for the intelligent response and not just being a jerk for the sake of it when replying to me. I appreciate it and think we need more of that type of dialogue.

My theory is that since they are doing it during the anthem, that people are confusing the message with a lack of patriotism or hatred of the US.

I understand that is not the intention, but I firmly believe it is getting lost in translation due to when the kneeling is taking place.

Dasjazz yr a moron and don't deserve intelligent responses lmfao.

People choose to misinterpret the message. He could do it in any fashion and people like you would still be butt hurt

especially right now, is my get away from the daily stresses of life.
I think that’s what the actual game is for.
My theory is that since they are doing it during the anthem, that people are confusing the message with a lack of patriotism or hatred of the US.

I understand that is not the intention, but I firmly believe it is getting lost in translation due to when the kneeling is taking place.
The message gets distorted by people who refuse to see we have a problem in America and those who refuse to change or have sympathy for their fellow man. What’s the point of kneeling before the anthem or well after, after the game, no one will see it or know what it means, and those that I mentioned above are still going to distort the message.

Even with those fighting to change the message I know the message is getting through, because I’m one who got and understand the message and in turn have tried to help others understand. There are great things that have come from what Kaepernick started. Then there are people that try to hide the message by saying he’s doing it wrong. I can’t speak for anyone else but Kaepernick’s message changed my thinking and believe I’m a better person for it. Which makes what Kaepernick did good.

Let's be honest. Sports are a huge part of most people's lives and this sports hiatus has been very detrimental. We NEED sports, especially with so much other negativity in our world now.

I'm with you... all the sports guys that were acting like it is immoral to put the players in the bubble are super dumb. There were going to be less cases in a controlled environment than in the general public. They are actually protecting these guys and providing them a great opportunity to do something they love. They are also providing a means of making a living for tens of thousand of people - media, players, officials, support staff... and might also be saving the owners from having to furlough other employees in their other businesses (although these megabillionaires likely still do whatever they can to make a buck and many will still lay people off regardless).

It was one of the more dumb takes that was cloaked in wokeness that made me laugh. Howard Beck and Michael Pina (who I like) were the main culprits. It was such a dumb take.

If the Jazz want to go 6-2 and move up in the standings, they probably need to win tonight. On a neutral court, I'll say the Jazz will win by 4 or 5. It'll come down to how well the Jazz defend.

Last edited:
If the Jazz want to go 6-2 and move up in the standings, they probably need to win tonight.
One thing to note... the standing don't really matter... everything is packed in tight... all the teams are tough. Just enjoy some basketball regardless of record. Hopefully they play as well as they can but don't worry about standings.

One thing to note... the standing don't really matter... everything is packed in tight... all the teams are tough. Just enjoy some basketball regardless of record. Hopefully they play as well as they can but don't worry about standings.
I’ve lowered my expectations mainly due to Bogey’s injury for this reason. I just want to enjoy basketball and root against the Lakers.

I’ve lowered my expectations mainly due to Bogey’s injury for this reason. I just want to enjoy basketball and root against the Lakers.
Me too... except... and this really hurts me a lot... I really like LeBron and have always rooted for him... I like AD and everyone knows I love me some Alex Caruso. Of the non-Jazz teams in the West they are one of my favorites....

(ducks for cover... and deletes his account)

@One Brow, thanks for the intelligent response and not just being a jerk for the sake of it when replying to me. I appreciate it and think we need more of that type of dialogue.

You seem like a serious person who actually analyzes contrary information and takes in new knowledge. You've earned respect, even when we disagree.

First of all, that doesn't work with my OCD. Here are the scenarios...

SCENARIO ONE
Jazz go 6-2. Clippers go 3-5 and/or Nuggets go 4-4. Jazz pull ahead of the Nuggets. Jazz potentially win tie-breaker over Clippers. Jazz would take the 2nd or 3rd seed. They play the Thunder, Rockets or Mavs in the 1st round. Match up with the Clippers or Denver in the 2nd round. Jazz potentially drop two spots in the draft order.

SCENARIO TWO
Jazz go 5-3 or 4-4. Nuggets go at least 4-4 and stay ahead of the Jazz. Clippers go at least 3-5 and stay ahead of the Jazz. Jazz would take the 4th or 5th seed. They play the Thunder or the Rockets in the 1st round, Lakers in the 2nd round. Jazz potentially move up 2 spots in the draft order.

SCENARIO THREE
Jazz go 4-4 or 3-5. Rockets and Thunder both win more games than the Jazz. Jazz fall to the 6th seed and face Denver or the Clippers in the first round. Then face the other team, Clippers or Denver, in the 2nd round. Jazz potentially move up 3 spots in the draft order. I actually like this scenario.

Jazz will be favored (or should be favored) in 4 of their last 5 games and can choose which track they want after seeing the results around the league after the first 3 games. In particular, we'd like Miami to beat Denver and we'd like Houston to get off to a rough start. If the Lakers clinch the #1 seed after the first couple of games, they might coast a bit against us in their third game. If the Jazz are going to drop an extra game, it should be to the Thunder, who need to match the Rockets win for win.

Try to keep up.

Last edited:

All kinds of things are confusing about the message. We care about discrimination of some groups and support discrimination when it lines the pockets of the NBA. The protest is being done in a way that comes across as Anti American to the very people who support equality. Much of what is being promoted hurts the very people the protest are supposedly trying to help. The platform includes an anti family logic that simply makes things worse. That is a starter list.