What's new

Julius Randle > D'Angelo Russell

It’s because he is a limited offensive player and doesn’t take difficult shots. None of your analysis takes into consideration skill or load. We need more players that can do something without someone else setting the table for them. Pretty desperately.

I’ve long been a doubter of Randle, but I’m starting to see him as having a Millsap-like trajectory.

Favors is elite in the pick and roll. Give him a solid PG and like Jrue and he would put up a lot of points. Creating for yourself is nice to have but not needed in a team game for you big man. Favors also shoots the mid range better than Randle. He also shoots long 2s better than Randle. I still think Favors can and will pick up the 3. His 16 to 3 point shot has been great for the last 2 years and its one or two more steps.

Also Millsap was never a good 3 point shooter. Millsap was also 2 years older than Favors is right now when he started shooting 3s regularly.

Randle + Russell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Favors

Favors + Russell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Randle.

It's not either or here folks. Favors and Randle will cost about the same. If anything Randle will be more expensive than Favors.

Favors would be the most improved player in the league if he simply went to New Orleans without AD, running beside Jrue Holiday, and getting significant more blow. We don't use Favors to the max of his abilities as is witnessed by his season 3 - 4 years ago when we ran more of the offense through him and he averaged 16 and 8.

I think this take is way off.
Maybe an argument could be made that Favors and Randle are similar quality players, but Randle is clearly a better fit for what the Jazz need. Favors in his best role is mostly redundant with Gobert, while Randle brings a lot to the offense (he efficiently scored 20+ a game for NOP last year).

I used to think that Randle and Favors were very similar too hence wasn’t to keen on Julius, but over the years, both players evolved in diverging ways, Favs becoming a really good starting quality center anf Randle into a mobile offensive 4.

I like the idea of Randall personally and think he, along with another “value add” at guard will be a legit option if we don’t have a path to a marquee free agent.

It won’t be sexy day one but could legit make us better than we have been in years with depth and tradable asset/contracts.

If we renounce everyone and dump Faves, we may be able to sign Randle, Ross and Satoransky.

06eaa264bdc2349ac6c41dedde6a4b18f162083b1efb477bdb120b1b7ed1cc42.jpg

If Randle comes, you'll need to make a big upgrade to backup C, and I really don't see a lot of good options. But, he would boost the offense quite a bit.

I like ed davis for the backup 5

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Favors is elite in the pick and roll. Give him a solid PG and like Jrue and he would put up a lot of points. Creating for yourself is nice to have but not needed in a team game for you big man. Favors also shoots the mid range better than Randle. He also shoots long 2s better than Randle. I still think Favors can and will pick up the 3. His 16 to 3 point shot has been great for the last 2 years and its one or two more steps.

Also Millsap was never a good 3 point shooter. Millsap was also 2 years older than Favors is right now when he started shooting 3s regularly.

Favors used to have a good mid-range jumper, but he seems to have gotten away from it this year.

All i have to say is that a wide open favors three is the same thing as a turnover

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
4 out of 5 times you’re right (unfortunately).
I wonder if Favors wouldn’t be better off shooting his 3s from the top of the 3pt line and not from the corner. I remember a game this season where he hit a couple pretty confidently from there. From the corner he’s all over the place. Perhaps he prefers to see the board behind the rim when shooting?