What's new

Game Thread Jun 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 06-08-21

Annnnndddd now you’re seeing why I wanted Dallas. Dallas doesn’t play defense, Clippers do. They’re locking us down and choking us out. They’ve got the talent to beat us, unlike Dallas.
I don't know, man. It's not like the Clippers are defending our threes well. If we shot like this against anyone, we'd be ****ed.

Annnnndddd now you’re seeing why I wanted Dallas. Dallas doesn’t play defense, Clippers do. They’re locking us down and choking us out. They’ve got the talent to beat us, unlike Dallas.
We all wanted Dallas silly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You just said we can't create shots. I simply pointed out that statement was incorrect.

I was clearly talking beyond the three point line. It's basic basketball: if your shots aren't falling outside, you gotta go inside and get things going that way. Surprise, that's kinda what Utah is doing and it's working a bit.

Terrible call again. But men did we forget where Gobert needs the ball? What is this giving him the ball behind the backboard or 10 feet from the basket. Just terrible.

Is there a rule that says a certain percentage of our points must be from the paint? Shoot the damn 3!

Clippers have more made 3s than we do even though all we’re doing is shooting 3s yikes. Would be nice if we tried to run an offense

what adjustments need to be made?

stop bricking your wide open 3s?
Well it took him more than any entire quarter to start running plays for Gobert. It took him more then an entire quarter to start going inside. If you knew anything about basketball you'd know that when one thing isn't working, you know to the tune of 6-23, you should try something else.

royce oneale thinks hes patrick beverly and is allowed to actually get away with non stop fouling

Royce, don't guard kahwi that tight all the way out at half court.
Kahwi isn't a great three point shooter in the first place. You are just giving him a better chance at getting by you and getting in his spots

Well it took him more than any entire quarter to start running plays for Gobert. It took him more then an entire quarter to start going inside. If you knew anything about basketball you'd know that when one thing isn't working, you know to the tune of 6-23, you should try something else.
This is what's cracking me up. People over here asking why they keep going inside and not shooting threes. It's because the three is not there. It's just not. But Utah is certainly making more scores inside, which is helping. It probably won't be enough but it's keeping us in the game.