What's new

Game Thread Jun 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 06-08-21

Has to be worst case scenario for the Jazz. We have god awful shooting percentage. Give up some easy threes, losing by 13 at half and the Clippers two best players have hardly done any damage at all

Not really much to say. It’s a game if we could shoot worth a damn.

Really need to get this sucker into low single digits going into the 4th quarter. Getting Kawhi another foul would be great.

We need Conley back - honestly, we got him for the sole purpose of getting through the playoffs and he’s not here.

we need better perimeter D from DM, a bit more effort chasing his guy.
please stop feeding Gobert, except for lobs.
let Bogdanovic shot the 3's, he had only 2 attempts in a half we shot 27. he is our best shooter, run plays for him.

keep up the decent D and we've got this

Mitchell needs to start beating the switches and we need to turn the ball around. They are helping a ton when Gobert slips so just get them in the blender.

If we come out firing in the 3rd, we can take the lead and run away with it. I think the halftime break will settle us down.

This is a mental issue with the Jazz so far this game

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
It's a mental issue every time Utah is in the semifinals, it seems.

Their three-point shooting evaporates and they get absolutely trucked because of it. I know people will get on my *** for suggesting this: but I seriously am questioning whether this staff is built for a deep playoff run.

The Clippers are the best shooting 3 point team in the league. The Jazz led in number of 3s made, but the Clippers led in 3pt %.

The difference here is pretty clear: 32% vs 48% shooting.
We were 4th in percentage I believe. Not that far off.

We came off all of that rest rusty. I expect us to be better in the 2nd half. We should be down 30 seriously.

We’re letting them be way too comfortable.

For all the talk about the Jazz depth, The clippers are even deeper. They played 11 guys in the first half. Jazz need Conley to get better fast.

I was hoping the Jazz could keep it in single digits but considering the Jazz are shooting 32 percent and 26 percent and the clippers are 48 and 48. We could be down over twenty points. Jazz need to come out in the 3rd and have one of this 40 pt quarters.

If we can get him #4 early in the 3rd, it will flip this whole game
I just don't see the hope in this. He's been pretty much nonexistent already in the first half and his team is winning by 13.

So, he gets his fourth early and we cut their lead down to ... 10?

None of this matters if the Jazz don't start hitting shots. The only reason they're not trailing this game by 25 points right now is that LAC's best players have only a combined 12 points on 3-13 shooting.

We came off all of that rest rusty. I expect us to be better in the 2nd half. We should be down 30 seriously.
You're right about that. If Paul George and Kawhi play like they did against Dallas, this game is out of reach and we're already focusing on how to get things right before game two. I just hope the shots start falling ... or we may end up losing this by 30.

Royce was good... bogey was fine... JC had a moment... everyone else... yeeeeeshhhh.

I’m guessing Mikes hamstring gonna magically be better for game 2.

Overall it isn’t awful because we got some open shots... not particularly encouraged... Don has been awful on both ends.