Game Thread Jun 10, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 06-10-21

NUMBERICA

Locke brought up a good point that the Jazz only win because they shot 51% from three (on 39 shots) and that the Clippers are getting plenty of catch-and-shoot 3s that they are just missing at a ridiculous rate. Marcus Morris - who was supposed to help erase Gobert in their all-6’-8” guys lineup - has shot 1/20 despite shooting 47% on the season from 3.

On the other hand, the Clippers get their asses blown out without Reggie Jackson going nuclear and the Jazz didn’t have Conley.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Locke brought up a good point that the Jazz only win because they shot 51% from three (on 39 shots) and that the Clippers are getting plenty of catch-and-shoot 3s that they are just missing at a ridiculous rate. Marcus Morris - who was supposed to help erase Gobert in their all-6’-8” guys lineup - has shot 1/20 despite shooting 47% on the season from 3.

On the other hand, the Clippers get their asses blown out without Reggie Jackson going nuclear and the Jazz didn’t have Conley.
The hydra was gonna have a game or two like this. Morris will likely shoot better at home but I doubt they get that Jackson game again.

I feel like Leonard is really bothered by Bojan and Rudy at the rim. I think that is real. Don can get where he wants to... they need to play Bev to have a hope of containing him. We also got nothing out of Niang and Favs last night... I think that changes at some point.

The thing I am worried about is Game 3 will be officiated in a one sided manner. Tonight wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. Scott Foster is something else... I think we will have to go mega nuclear to get game 3... or they will have to be really off. I think we are good at challenging the spot ups and they don't have anyone that is great at pullups... which is something that has really killed us.

Clips need to turn us over and increase the defensive pressure to beat us imo. They also have to be somewhat connected which seems to be a long term issue they have yet to figure out.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
There was a point when we were up like 7 or 9 with like 2 minutes left and we had like 3 horrible offensive possessions in a row and it sucked. But the good thing was that on each of those horrible possessions we ran the shot clock down to 1 second before taking a horrible shot. Even though those possessions didn't end in any points it was huge that we used ALL of the shot clock on each of them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Ya I thought for sure he was gone

I think he was yelling at a teammate and Scott Foster just got overly excited. I think he ultimately made the right call... however I would have loved to see a review on the PG call since he side swiped our star... I don't think it was dirty but I'd like to at least see them look at it.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
This, in spades. Absolutely no one saw this coming. Bojan basically played Kawhi to a stand-still. Blew me away.

And I'm loving all these times they get into the paint, see Rudy, then nope the **** on out of there. Hilarious.
There was a great one by kahwi last night. Can't remember the time in the game or whatever but kahwi had a wide open path to the paint, where Rudy was lurking and ready, and kawhi noped the **** outta there so hard. I laughed pretty hard

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
There was a point when we were up like 7 or 9 with like 2 minutes left and we had like 3 horrible offensive possessions in a row and it sucked. But the good thing was that on each of those horrible possessions we ran the shot clock down to 1 second before taking a horrible shot. Even though those possessions didn't end in any points it was huge that we used ALL of the shot clock on each of them.

If we have Mike and Joe on the floor or Mike and Don on the floor they won't be able to play that zone. Zones are easy to break if you have shooting and passers who make quick decisions. We simply dribbled around and no one moved. That ain't it.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
There was a great one by kahwi last night. Can't remember the time in the game or whatever but kahwi had a wide open path to the paint, where Rudy was lurking and ready, and kawhi noped the **** outta there so hard. I laughed pretty hard

where are all the media assholes talking about how no one is afraid of Rudy Gobert and AD is more intimidating... I need them to weigh in. Casual *** analysts.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
At some point, playing Kawhi and PG 40 minutes a night with the energy they are forced to expend will have an effect. We can't let them coast.
I think that is a big part of why they are absent at the end. If Jackson has the ball Kawhi has to work to get open and demand it... taking all those body blows all game makes that hard. He has tapped out before... make him do it again.

Also, where are all the morons talking about Royce's contract being the worst and yada yada. Dude has really answered the call here. I was pissed they gave PG that call where Royce got all ball and knocked it off his knees... that was gonna be a death blow.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
At some point, playing Kawhi and PG 40 minutes a night with the energy they are forced to expend will have an effect. We can't let them coast.
this is also like the longest streak of games they have played in a row this season without doing some load management. Get the split and break them in game 5 at altitude in front of a rabid fanbase.