What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
If Mitchell was a good boy and relied on our medical staff's understanding of the healing of injuries... God who knows how much time he would've missed.

Thank goodness he was proactive.
So it kept being stated that Mitchell was fine and if it were the playoffs that he’d be playing. Incredibly stupid to not bring people back to get some rhythm. But then they continued it into the playoffs.

Oh, and for everyone saying that it’s purely a medical decision, how come we say things like if it’s the playoffs they play? People pretend like it’s this pure, unadulterated medical divinity without realizing how many other non-medical variables go into these decisions.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner

I always get nervous for playoff games, but this one just feels different. I'm I whole new level of nervous about this one. This is probably the biggest game the Jazz have played since the 2007 playoffs.

oneye

2018 Award Winner
So it kept being stated that Mitchell was fine and if it were the playoffs that he’d be playing. Incredibly stupid to not bring people back to get some rhythm. But then they continued it into the playoffs.

Oh, and for everyone saying that it’s purely a medical decision, how come we say things like if it’s the playoffs they play? People pretend like it’s this pure, unadulterated medical divinity without realizing how many other non-medical variables go into these decisions.
The medical staff literally never did say he would be playing if it was playoffs. In fact Tony mentioned in the week leading up to the playoffs on radio one day that he “felt like it was public campaign by Mitchell’s team to get him cleared for game 1”. He was referring to all the “I’m feeling good” and “Thats the goal to play game 1” talk. You’re putting words in people’s mouths who never said them. Donovan wanted to play at the end of the regular season and the medical team would not clear him because they didn’t feel he was medically there yet. That is what was going into their decision, he clearly is still not 100%. So actually yes I think of the medical team had it’s full way they’d push for 100%, you can agree or disagree with that. That might have been the expectation, much like Mike playing by game 5 has been an expectation there’s really not great reasoning for.

Revolution 9

Staff member
Obviously a must win game. The winner of this game wins the series.

If we come out and **** the bed we deserve to go home early. Lets see how this team responds after two pathetic games in LA.

Pnig

The medical staff literally never did say he would be playing if it was playoffs. In fact Tony mentioned in the week leading up to the playoffs on radio one day that he “felt like it was public campaign by Mitchell’s team to get him cleared for game 1”. He was referring to all the “I’m feeling good” and “Thats the goal to play game 1” talk. You’re putting words in people’s mouths who never said them. Donovan wanted to play at the end of the regular season and the medical team would not clear him because they didn’t feel he was medically there yet. That is what was going into their decision, he clearly is still not 100%. So actually yes I think of the medical team had it’s full way they’d push for 100%, you can agree or disagree with that. That might have been the expectation, much like Mike playing by game 5 has been an expectation there’s really not great reasoning for.
What? I read this three times and still don’t know what you are saying?

yamers

the thing that worries me is that the jazz have looked like absolute dog **** the last 2 games. it's like the clippers have found their range and rhythm. If the jazz come out like they did in games 3-4....i might just think they'll fold in half for the rest of the series.

The Thriller

the thing that worries me is that the jazz have looked like absolute dog **** the last 2 games. it's like the clippers have found their range and rhythm. If the jazz come out like they did in games 3-4....i might just think they'll fold in half for the rest of the series.
2.5 games. The second half of game 2 was horrible.