What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

If Conley is out for this one, I'd like to see a reporter ask the team why they classified Conley as questionable - day-to-day two weeks ago when that was obviously not the case.

His status for Game 1 was never "questionable" if he's out for Game 5.

If Conley is out for this one, I'd like to see a reporter ask the team why they classified Conley as questionable - day-to-day two weeks ago when that was obviously not the case.

Who do they ask? The coaching staff and even the FO can defer to the medical and training staff. I don’t believe the media have any access to training and medical staff.

Excellent post

I think this is the series. If we win this, I think we win the series in 6 or 7.

If we lose this, then I think the Clippers will blow us out in game 6. It’s ironic in a way, as one week ago we were licking our chops to break up the Clippers. Sadly, they might be the ones breaking us up.

To me, this is a make or break moment for Conley. If he isn’t limping he should be playing. he should demand to play. He’ll never have a better chance to win a title as a starting PG. If he ends up re-injuring it then so be it. He’ll have all offseason for rehab. If there are concerns about his conditioning, play him in short spurts. But his *** needs to be out there. It’s not fair to ask Mitchell to do everything. He needs some backcourt help.

Andy Larsen on ESPN700 today said from what he understands it truly is a “day to day” injury. Sarah Todd said this:

I think this is the series. If we win this, I think we win the series in 6 or 7.

If we lose this, then I think the Clippers will blow us out in game 6.
I definitely think this is it for Utah. If they lose, hard to envision them winning the series. Still, even if they win tonight, I'm still not ready to crown them. I'll feel a lot better, of course, but if the Clippers push this to a game seven, it might be a toss-up at that point.

So, definitely a must-win for Utah. Likely less so for the Clippers, unfortunately.

Andy Larsen on ESPN700 today said from what he understands it truly is a “day to day” injury. Sarah Todd said this:

14 days isn't "day to day". It's "week to week".

Either they lied about the severity, like they did with Mitchell, or they're being cautious to the point of absurdity... also like they were with Mitchell.

Take your pick.

14 days isn't "day to day". It's "week to week".

Either they lied about the severity, like they did with Mitchell, or they're being cautious to the point of absurdity... also like they were with Mitchell.

Take your pick.
It’s blatantly obvious some of you don’t understand healing of injuries. Different people have different time frames. When it’s a chronic issue, even more so.

It’s blatantly obvious some of you don’t understand healing of injuries. Different people have different time frames. When it’s a chronic issue, even more so.
If Mitchell was a good boy and relied on our medical staff's understanding of the healing of injuries... God who knows how much time he would've missed.

Thank goodness he was proactive.

Last edited:
Can't remember the last time I was this nervous about a game.

If Mitchell was a good boy and relied on our medical staff's understanding of the healing of injuries... God who knows how much time he would've missed.

The medical staffs job, is to care about medical issues.

So it kept being stated that Mitchell was fine and if it were the playoffs that he’d be playing. Incredibly stupid to not bring people back to get some rhythm. But then they continued it into the playoffs.

Oh, and for everyone saying that it’s purely a medical decision, how come we say things like if it’s the playoffs they play? People pretend like it’s this pure, unadulterated medical divinity without realizing how many other non-medical variables go into these decisions.

I always get nervous for playoff games, but this one just feels different. I'm I whole new level of nervous about this one. This is probably the biggest game the Jazz have played since the 2007 playoffs.

So it kept being stated that Mitchell was fine and if it were the playoffs that he’d be playing. Incredibly stupid to not bring people back to get some rhythm. But then they continued it into the playoffs.

Oh, and for everyone saying that it’s purely a medical decision, how come we say things like if it’s the playoffs they play? People pretend like it’s this pure, unadulterated medical divinity without realizing how many other non-medical variables go into these decisions.
The medical staff literally never did say he would be playing if it was playoffs. In fact Tony mentioned in the week leading up to the playoffs on radio one day that he “felt like it was public campaign by Mitchell’s team to get him cleared for game 1”. He was referring to all the “I’m feeling good” and “Thats the goal to play game 1” talk. You’re putting words in people’s mouths who never said them. Donovan wanted to play at the end of the regular season and the medical team would not clear him because they didn’t feel he was medically there yet. That is what was going into their decision, he clearly is still not 100%. So actually yes I think of the medical team had it’s full way they’d push for 100%, you can agree or disagree with that. That might have been the expectation, much like Mike playing by game 5 has been an expectation there’s really not great reasoning for.

Obviously a must win game. The winner of this game wins the series.

If we come out and **** the bed we deserve to go home early. Lets see how this team responds after two pathetic games in LA.

The medical staff literally never did say he would be playing if it was playoffs. In fact Tony mentioned in the week leading up to the playoffs on radio one day that he “felt like it was public campaign by Mitchell’s team to get him cleared for game 1”. He was referring to all the “I’m feeling good” and “Thats the goal to play game 1” talk. You’re putting words in people’s mouths who never said them. Donovan wanted to play at the end of the regular season and the medical team would not clear him because they didn’t feel he was medically there yet. That is what was going into their decision, he clearly is still not 100%. So actually yes I think of the medical team had it’s full way they’d push for 100%, you can agree or disagree with that. That might have been the expectation, much like Mike playing by game 5 has been an expectation there’s really not great reasoning for.
What? I read this three times and still don’t know what you are saying?