What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

This is what cracked me up - watching Jazz fans and the media dog-walk Bud last night and then offer up excuse after excuse for Quin.

Quin is the most untouched coach in the NBA. The local media shields him from any criticism. He's on the cusp of overseeing the first 2-0 blown lead in a seven-game series in franchise history and that's on top of his blowing a 3-1 lead last year - the first time in franchise history.

That doesn't even get into the fact he still can't get Utah out of the second round but boy is he always above reproach. The dude is a mediocre playoff coach - just like Bud.
Why the **** does the local media have Snyder's **** lodged so far down their throats? He's an average coach at best. What adjustments has he made this series???

I will say the Jazz have an issue with specialization that leads to overburdened players.

They really need a jack of all trades kind of player to round out the team. Even a bench guy in that mold.
They need a dude who's roughly equivalent to TMann. Someone in the 6'5" to 6'8" range who can dribble a bit, shoot like 35% from three and play respectable defense on the wing.

This is what cracked me up - watching Jazz fans and the media dog-walk Bud last night and then offer up excuse after excuse for Quin.

Quin is the most untouched coach in the NBA. The local media shields him from any criticism. He's on the cusp of overseeing the first 2-0 blown lead in a seven-game series in franchise history and that's on top of his blowing a 3-1 lead last year - the first time in franchise history.

That doesn't even get into the fact he still can't get Utah out of the second round but boy is he always above reproach. The dude is a mediocre playoff coach - just like Bud.
Really disappointed he didn’t get more involved with the refs... thought he should have begged for a review on the play that Mann tripped Bogey and Bev committed the foul on JC. If you call the one on Royce flagrant that one has to be too. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and he doesn’t stick up for his players... working the officials is one of the in game jobs of the coach... it’s slimy... like lobbying in DC... but guess what businesses get the breaks.

Why the **** does the local media have Snyder's **** lodged so far down their throats? He's an average coach at best. What adjustments has he made this series???
There isn't any adjustment to make when your alternatives are a bunch of unproven G league scrubs, to go along with a guy who fell out of the rotation of a team that weren't even trying to compete, and a guy who's been out of the league for like three years.

The small line ups of the clipps has totally exposed Rudy and the defensive scheme of the Jazz .

Once Rudy is out defending on the perimeter we are toast …

I thought Quinn would change things up but nope

DL should catch more smoke than Quin. Quin doesn’t have the players he needs to make big changes. The way DL filled out the bench never made sense.

Quin needs a bunch of blame too... he’s becoming a cooler looking Bud.

Like Oni is more athletic than Mann. Longer than Mann. About the same level of shooter Mann.

But he just doesnt have the confidence to make plays like Mann showed. IT doesnt feel like he thinks he belongs.

Like Oni is more athletic than Mann. Longer than Mann. About the same level of shooter Mann.

But he just doesnt have the confidence to make plays like Mann showed. IT doesnt feel like he thinks he belongs.
Not more athletic. Brains are a particularly important part of athletes... Mann ain’t scurrrrd. Oni is shifting himself.

The small line ups of the clipps has totally exposed Rudy and the defensive scheme of the Jazz .

Once Rudy is out defending on the perimeter we are toast …

I thought Quinn would change things up but nope
We don't have an alternative. We don't have a Jae Crowder or Batum who can play small ball center. We spend $50 million on one dimensional centers and another $35 on a fragile PG.

We capped ourselves out on a limited 8 man rotation. We have zero flexibility.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yep, and we'd have won by 20 easily if neither Niang nor Favs played
Nah... but if we got the performances they did from Batum and they got the bum performances then sure.

kennard, Batum, Mann, Zubac have all contributed a ton... please no one here tell me the 10/11th men don’t matter next year... they do. Also don’t tell me buyout guys don’t matter Jackson was a buyout guy last year... Batum this year. Without those guys we are 3-2 or maybe the series is over.

Nah... but if we got the performances they did from Batum and they got the bum performances then sure.

kennard, Batum, Mann, Zubac have all contributed a ton... please no one here tell me the 10/11th men don’t matter next year... they do. Also don’t tell me buyout guys don’t matter Jackson was a buyout guy last year... Batum this year. Without those guys we are 3-2 or maybe the series is over.
Yep. We just let Rose go last year. Literally paid him to leave.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app