What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

Take your own advice. I've said multiple times the two-test thing does not apply to positives - so why are you still asking if I think he's had multiple positive tests?

That's not how the protocol works.
I think the point is that regardless what the protocol states, Paul has likely had two positive tests, which really lowers the potential that the first a false positive despite what the post said that triggered all this (that it's extremely likely it's a false positive).

The League did "relax" the protocol for vaccinated individuals.

That is the big key here. IF Paul does play, theres no way he plays the first 2 games in Utah.

Honestly, thats a big win for the Jazz. They will absolutely destroy the Suns in those first 2 games.
I think they relaxed socializing and whatnot but I'm not sure they would relax return protocol because even vaccinated people can transmit COVID (tho it's not as easy). I'm skeptical the NBA would risk potentially having it spread just due to Paul being vaccinated. But we'll see.

I think the point is that regardless what the protocol states, Paul has likely had two positive tests, which really lowers the potential that the first a false positive despite what the post said that triggered all this (that it's extremely likely it's a false positive).

I think everyone besides Steve is grasping it.

So speaking of multiple tests and players missing games, Mike Conley is officially out for Game 5.

I bet you we fake a Mike Conley COVID so we can divert attention from the hamstring and get people to expect him to be out.

Let the record show that we all argued about Chris Paul's COVID status in the thread of the most important game of our season so far. Also note: Chris Paul doesn't even play for the team we are playing.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Let the record show that we all argued about Chris Paul's COVID status in the thread of the most important game of our season so far. Also note: Chris Paul doesn't even play for the team we are playing.

I mean the Jazz sweep the Suns if CP3 doesn't play. No one is scared of Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, and Payne without CP3 playing.

Its a fairly big deal.

I bet you we fake a Mike Conley COVID so we can divert attention from the hamstring and get people to expect him to be out.
Do not let the training staff see this... quit planting thoughts in they head.

Correction @MT Steve has a reading comprehension issue and promptly logged out after he looked like an ***.

I mean the Jazz sweep the Suns if CP3 doesn't play. No one is scared of Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, and Payne without CP3 playing.

Its a fairly big deal.
IDK about sweep... we have our own injuries... book, Ayton, and Bridges are all very good players and the supporting cast is solid.

I do think people are not looking at Aytons improvement enough in this turnaround. No doubt he’s benefited more than anyone from Paul being there but he is no longer the rookie who has no clue how to play basketball. He’s a huge part of the reason the Nuggets couldn’t get going.

IDK about sweep... we have our own injuries... book, Ayton, and Bridges are all very good players and the supporting cast is solid.

I do think people are not looking at Aytons improvement enough in this turnaround. No doubt he’s benefited more than anyone from Paul being there but he is no longer the rookie who has no clue how to play basketball. He’s a huge part of the reason the Nuggets couldn’t get going.
The Jazz have experience playing without Conley and Mitchell.

The Suns have played the entire year with CP3 (I think he missed just 1 game). Asking that group to play differently against the best team in the NBA in a hostile Utah crowd? Yeah thats asking a lot.

The Jazz have experience playing without Conley and Mitchell.

The Suns have played the entire year with CP3 (I think he missed just 1 game). Asking that group to play differently against the best team in the NBA in a hostile Utah crowd? Yeah thats asking a lot.
I think we go up 2-0... sweep? Maybe I guess but Book can get loose and Bridges might be the best possible defender to guard DM.

Team couldn’t even hit .500 before Paul went there.
Not entirely accurate. Ayton was suspended for 25 or 30 games last year before COVID happened. Once Ayton returned, they actually had a winning record in their games played before heading to the bubble.

Their cast is gonna be a tough out for sure when CP3 retires in a few years, but playing without him now against the Jazz?

If the Jazz are the team we all think they are... I mean.. seriously. They should win in 4-5 games.