What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

I respect their cast. But they are all in their first playoffs playing with one of the best PGs in NBA history.

Take CP3 away, and that group looks a lot different.
Have you seen them last year in the bubble? They were without CP3 and playing really great and not afraid of the moment. We would be definitely favored against them but I don't think we would sweep them.

**** THE PROTOCOL.

If Chris Paul tests positive you think the Suns are gonna be like oh golly one test and he’s positive we will see what it says tomorrow.

Or do you think they go oh **** let’s test him again in 30 minutes to an hour for our own sake of mind to make sure the first test wasn’t faulty.

It’s not that hard to grasp.
My point was that he has to have two negative tests, 24 hours apart, until anything definitive is concluded. He could have had one negative test right after and it would not, by itself, have meant anything.

Everything else at that point in time was speculation. Don't know why you're getting so hostile.

I think this series goes 7... Clips are still really damn good. Mike may need to come back.

Rondo has barely played, so now I expect he will get lots of time. He can still be a difference maker. The way the blew us out last game shows they won't be an easy out.

The keys to me are...

1- Does PG elevate his level of play or shrink? Is the diagnosis on Kawhi so bad that he sees the road ahead and fades. Even if they beat us Phoenix and whoever comes out of the east likely beats the wounded clips.
2- Do the role players that have shot the **** out of the ball start to get a little tight because they are now a necessity and not a luxury?
3- Has Quin figured anything out... playing time, ways to get Rudy more involved, ways to slow down the 5 out lineups.

We still need all our good players to be good even with Kawhi out.

The keys to me are...

1- Does PG elevate his level of play or shrink? Is the diagnosis on Kawhi so bad that he sees the road ahead and fades. Even if they beat us Phoenix and whoever comes out of the east likely beats the wounded clips.
2- Do the role players that have shot the **** out of the ball start to get a little tight because they are now a necessity and not a luxury?
3- Has Quin figured anything out... playing time, ways to get Rudy more involved, ways to slow down the 5 out lineups.

We still need all our good players to be good even with Kawhi out.
1. PG sinks under pressure. If you let LAC lead through the game he can have confidence, but if you keep them behind 10 or more most the game, or the game is close in the crunch, then he's going to fold.

2. I expect their players will step up and secondarily expect us to appear totally dumbfounded by this.

3. No.

1. PG sinks under pressure. If you let LAC lead through the game he can have confidence, but if you keep them behind 10 or more most the game, or the game is close in the crunch, then he's going to fold.

2. I expect their players will step up and secondarily expect us to appear totally dumbfounded by this.

3. No.
@Eenie-Meenie mentioned Rondo... playoff Rondo can absolutely help them manage this short term. I hope Ty leaves him on the bench. He can help them stay organized and focused.

I mean the Jazz sweep the Suns if CP3 doesn't play. No one is scared of Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, and Payne without CP3 playing.

Its a fairly big deal.
Your bias is getting the best of you. Those guys are talented NBA players so they can beat the Jazz. I don't think they would win a series without CP3 but the Suns have a lot of talent. Beside the fact that the Jazz still have to beat the Clippers which is not a given yet.

They finished the season last year 8-0 and beat us I think twice with out CP3. You are starting to sound like a Laker fan.

Oh my bad they finished last year 8-0 I should be extremely worried about that.

Jazz more than any team in the NBA seems to feed off crowd noise. They've got to get the crowd into it early with some big shots and ride it to a decisive win.

Plz

no conley
no leonard

wow leonard being out for the clippers is like losing an arm and leg....

@Eenie-Meenie mentioned Rondo... playoff Rondo can absolutely help them manage this short term. I hope Ty leaves him on the bench. He can help them stay organized and focused.
Rondo's regular season numbers are pretty good but Jackson's are just as good and so that limited Rondo's PT. I don't see much of a drop-off between Jackson and Rondo and Rondo is clearly a better assist guy even now.

The way I see it, with Kawai down, if Clarkson hits shots tonight and Donovan continues to ball we'll be hard to beat.

Rondo's regular season numbers are pretty good but Jackson's are just as good and so that limited Rondo's PT. I don't see much of a drop-off between Jackson and Rondo and Rondo is clearly a better assist guy even now.

The way I see it, with Kawai down, if Clarkson hits shots tonight and Donovan continues to ball we'll be hard to beat.
Rondo may pick up the man minutes... or the Bev minutes since he slides up into Kawhi’s spot... I think.

Really hoping PG13 presses hard and channels his inner Carmelo Anthony tonight. Makes a few shots and then chucks them into a big defeat.

Really hoping PG13 presses hard and channels his inner Carmelo Anthony tonight. Makes a few shots and then chucks them into a big defeat.
He’s also played a ton of minutes and is not mr. durable... they better be careful.

It's a definite must win game tonight. There's no excuse if they lose. However it's sucks now that if the Jazz wins this series, ppl will say "you only won because Kawhi was hurt" bs.