What's new

Kanter Review in the First Preseason Game

Hyperbolic_Time_Chamber_Budokai_3.jpg

This is what Kanter needs.

HAHA

realistically though, Kanter, along with Favors, needs more PT to improve. They both need to play through their mistakes.

The good thing to think about too is the Jazz really don't need anything in Kanter other then his rebounding skills. There are plenty of guys on the Jazz who will need their touches before Kanter and he would just be taking away from them.

I just hope Kanter comes into his 2nd year with improved finishing off of rebounds and better understanding of the game with his floor spacing and passing.

So part of having a work ethic for a 19 year old is to not visit his family back home?

Obviously not. I'm just saying most people with a killer work-ethic (ala Karl Malone) would come to camp in NBA shape and not use vacationing/visiting family as an excuse. You can still visit your family in Turkey and do intense work outs.

Right now, I'm hoping he turns out to be like Nikola Pekovic for the next few years and from there progress to Love.

I would trade Kanter for Pek straight up. That's one big dude, strong, with lots of raw talent and cannot jump just like Enes.

I just hope Kanter comes into his 2nd year with improved finishing off of rebounds and better understanding of the game with his floor spacing and passing.

I'm hoping he can stay on the floor thanks to his defense and rebounding. Or gets traded for a 2 or 3.

Obviously not. I'm just saying most people with a killer work-ethic (ala Karl Malone) would come to camp in NBA shape and not use vacationing/visiting family as an excuse. You can still visit your family in Turkey and do intense work outs.

You know the NBA training camp doesn't start into August, right?

I know he was working out in San Diego if I remember correctly, but with that said, I have no problem for players to take a few weeks off of their strength and conditioning exercises. I personally think that's healthy and best for them.

This. Plus that three point shot he had. I'm not saying I want the guy to be raining **** down but pull Drummond out to 15 feet or so, and then make that sweet *** move I know you can make you big goofy *******.

This....
Give me a break, Kanter had plenty of moves in the games last year when he just went off.
Well duh, yeah he's obviously not consistant yet.
He needs a little coaching and a training camp, some mentoring from other bigs and he'll be fine.
Does anyone realize he went from playing ball for only 4 years, to not playing at all in college, to playing the best players in the world with no training camp and an insanely shortened pre-season?

Bigs are always a work in progress, and it will probably be a couple more years before we see a full on Kanter.

He's still got 2 months.

I know he was working out in San Diego if I remember correctly, but with that said, I have no problem for players to take a few weeks off of their strength and conditioning exercises. I personally think that's healthy and best for them.

I don't have a problem with some time off either, unless it means coming to work out of shape. I do know he worked out in San Diego, so I'm not saying he completely blew off conditioning.