What's new

Kanter watch

https://purpleandblues.com/2015/04/23/enes-kanter-free-throw-line-dunk-legit/

Strange a Utah Jazz website posting Kanter stuff. Serge Ibaka/Dr J/MJ free throw line style dunk confirmed to be legit.
Aughtor becomes devil's advocate and use some photoshop measurements on Kanter's free throw dunk to see if the rim was lowered only to confirm that he did actually dunk on a legit length rim. It sucks that he never brought any explosiveness into his game except for a few cool Jazz performances.

https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2...er-oklahoma-city-thunder-player-grades-review
I never thought they'd see the light before the end of the season, even their fan forums open say they'd let him walk FA.
https://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/showthread.php?13402-Kanter-s-Price-Tag/page5
Those Def GIFs make me lol.

The only thing I see in that forum are people, who say, that Ibaka and Durant can cover up Kanter's bad defensive... Doesn't seem to me like they want to let him go.

The only thing I see in that forum are people, who say, that Ibaka and Durant can cover up Kanter's bad defensive... Doesn't seem to me like they want to let him go.

Ya even the Article he linked said that 63% of people wanted Kanter back even if it took a large contract....

Also just because a fan poll says they don't want a player back isn't necessarily good for the franchise. Remember the newspaper poll that Orlando Magic put out for Shaq? He was seen as not worth the money Orlando offered him even though he got more with the Lakers, and won 3 rings with them. Not saying Kanter is shaq, just saying fan polls aren't gospel. However I guess this case is irelevant because Kanter is wanted by the majority to the poll linked. Even the RealGM OKC thunder poll stated they wanted Kanter for decently big money.

Ya even the Article he linked said that 63% of people wanted Kanter back even if it took a large contract....

Also just because a fan poll says they don't want a player back isn't necessarily good for the franchise. Remember the newspaper poll that Orlando Magic put out for Shaq? He was seen as not worth the money Orlando offered him even though he got more with the Lakers, and won 3 rings with them. Not saying Kanter is shaq, just saying fan polls aren't gospel. However I guess this case is irelevant because Kanter is wanted by the majority to the poll linked. Even the RealGM OKC thunder poll stated they wanted Kanter for decently big money.

So you think Kanter is good for franchises? I never understand your stances!!! Do you even take a stance or just be difficult? Are you a fan of Jazz? Kanter? Kanter with Thunder? What is your point and reason for being in a jazz forum?

Same for you. Look at your history of posts!!! You only say things when it has to do with kanter. What is your reason for being a Jazz forum???

https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2...er-oklahoma-city-thunder-player-grades-review
I never thought they'd see the light before the end of the season, even their fan forums open say they'd let him walk FA.
https://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/showthread.php?13402-Kanter-s-Price-Tag/page5
Those Def GIFs make me lol.

The delusion of that forum is epic! I love how they think that Kanter likes it so much there that he might give them a discount. Even better how they think that KD, Westbrook and Ibaka might be willing to give up a little on their next contract so they can afford Kanter. Because other players just love inferior dudes who do not play defense enough to pay through the nose for that. That and the privilege of living in Oklahoma. . .

I love that OKC is considering going over the cap and tax to pay Kanter a big deal but traded Harden so they wouldn't go over the tax line.

lol.

Everyone likes to lick Presti's sack as a GM. The fact that he traded Harden away...I'm not sure that's a mistake that you can recover from.

He literally traded away a top 5 player, when he had a top 5 player, for nothing.

Who does that?

TIM KAWAKAMI

2015 NBA No-Defense Team see

The story is fabulous, and can be found here: https://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/06/29/2015-defense/

There is an appearance by a current Jazzman, and then there is this about Enes....
* Enes Kanter, Oklahoma City. I don’t know what the Thunder thought it was getting when it traded for Kanter in February, but… what… a… defensive… disaster.

Kanter can score, no doubt, and he looks like a big man who should be able to play the pick-and-roll. But he can’t. He truly cannot.

He either doesn’t know how or doesn’t want to or just has a supreme talent for doing exactly the wrong thing whenever his man covers over to screen a guard.

Kanter’s so bad that opponents basically just call pick-and-rolls when he’s in the game, and if you can’t guard the pick-and-roll, you are doomed.

Among centers who get regular time in this league, there are several really porous defenders–and Kanter is by far the worst. He’s awful. I don’t think there’s any way he turns into even a half-way mediocre defender at any point in his career, it’s just too far gone.

(Although his one-time Jazz teammate Al Jefferson has turned into a not-terrible defender the last few years. So maybe I shouldn’t be so hasty. What do they teach those big guys in Salt Lake City?)

OKC’s on/off defensive splits: With Kanter on the floor, the Thunder gave up 113.0 points per 100 poss’s. With him off (in the games he was on the team), they gave up only 105.1 per 100.

Utah’s on/off D splits with Kanter this season: 112.1 per 100 when Kanter was on the floor, 103.5 per 100 when he was off (in the games he was on the team).

That’s two teams, one in Utah and one in Oklahoma, with almost identical large improvements precisely when Kanter was NOT in the game vs. when he was.

One more stat: Kanter registered a -3.88 DRPM this season, which ranked him 469th out of 474 total players.

Kanter only had 29 {blocks] in 75 games split between Utah and OKC. And he’s 6-11.

I love that OKC is considering going over the cap and tax to pay Kanter a big deal but traded Harden so they wouldn't go over the tax line.

lol.

Everyone likes to lick Presti's sack as a GM. The fact that he traded Harden away...I'm not sure that's a mistake that you can recover from.

He literally traded away a top 5 player, when he had a top 5 player, for nothing.

Who does that?

Blazers guy. Lasted 2 or 3 years after passing Jordan.