What's new

Kanter???

How much longer until Jazz fans see hi for what he is.. All I ever heard his first year is he is going be an allstar. He never will be one. Is this the year for him ? Next year? Eventually ya'll gave up on Koufus. After years of pimping him too.lol

Reactions: MVP
I see him as a young 22 year old 6'11 PF that averages 12/8 in 26 minutes a game while shooting 50% from the field.

Everyone knew he was a huge project that would require patience. The Jazz may dangle him to move up in this draft though, especially with Tomic potentially coming over. So your life would then be complete.

I don't think I have ever agreed with anything ncoloradojazz as ever said.

Probably best to just think the opposite of whatever he says and you will find the truth.

Kanter per 36 would of averaged 16 and 10 and shooting 50% from the field.
He played GREAT defense 2 years ago when he was in great shape and they were coming out hard on the pick and roll.
This past year both big guys sagged on defense (no man boozer defense). Which made things worse.
He played pretty well after coming off a shoulder surgery and not being able to come into camp in great shape and dealing with Corbin.

I see him and Favors dominating next year. And guys like ncoloradojazz will be eating crow.

I don't think I have ever agreed with anything ncoloradojazz as ever said.

Probably best to just think the opposite of whatever he says and you will find the truth.

Kanter per 36 would of averaged 16 and 10 and shooting 50% from the field.
He played GREAT defense 2 years ago when he was in great shape and they were coming out hard on the pick and roll.
This past year both big guys sagged on defense (no man boozer defense). Which made things worse.
He played pretty well after coming off a shoulder surgery and not being able to come into camp in great shape and dealing with Corbin.

I see him and Favors dominating next year. And guys like ncoloradojazz will be eating crow.

dominating who?

i hope you realize that the jazz are a lottery team next year

dominating who?

What? How?

Jazz will have a new coach but he is really smart. Jazz will have a maximum salary player at the wing position and a pf earning 13 million. Plus Kanter is somehow going to learn to play defense, get in shape and shoot threes. Jazz are going to add a rookie to come off the bench behind one of their other young players and Trey will still be shorter than 80% of his competition. How on earth is that a lottery team?

dominating who?

We don't even know who will be on the team this year. I am saying they will be dominating both sides of the ball next year. Not saying winning or losing. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them shock everyone next year.

Last edited:
Lol. Kanter dominating and the Jazz not being a lottery team. Have to say believe mellow is being sarcastic at least I hope so.

Sorry truth is not many nba fans have this boards optimism regarding kanter. He is regarded as a bust and bellow average big man. Go to any other teams board and find out for yourselves.

Reactions: MVP
Sorry truth is not many nba fans have this boards optimism regarding kanter. He is regarded as a bust and bellow average big man. Go to any other teams board and find out for yourselves.

Because the average fan looks at stats and nothing else. They just see 12 and 8 and go below average. If he played 36 minutes per game they would be saying he is a rising star.

And the average fan on this board does the same.

The thing I get most annoyed with is the thinking that if Kanter was allowed to shoot threes he'd turn into Memo. I just don't see it... his percentages from 15-18 feet are about 39%. Is he going to shoot 35% from 3? I also don't think his shooting mechanics will allow him to move out further very effectively.

If he can't spread the floor or pass on offense I don't think he will help the team. He will still put up some individual numbers, but will not be helping us win.

The simple fact besides stats that Kanter does not help his team win should be very concerning. Any player combinations with him on the floor is losing combination. Simple numbers tell us Jazz played better offense and defense with Kanter riding the pine. One can hope it will change with new coach, but giving him 36 min a game and him getting 15/10 is nothing to be excited about when net +/- for offense and defense will be negative.

The simple fact besides stats that Kanter does not help his team win should be very concerning. Any player combinations with him on the floor is losing combination. Simple numbers tell us Jazz played better offense and defense with Kanter riding the pine. One can hope it will change with new coach, but giving him 36 min a game and him getting 15/10 is nothing to be excited about when net +/- for offense and defense will be negative.

Becaue Kanter is a PF not a C. when you leave him alone to protect the paint things are not going to turn out well.

If you left David West or Zach Randolph to guard the paint. Things wouldn't turn out well. Your buying into what Corbin was selling.

The previous year with Favors the +/- was huge for both of them together.

https://kfanav.s3.amazonaws.com/20140613_061314_walt-perrin-WEB.mp3

Walt Perin was on The Big Show today, and Monson asked about Kanter's development arc. Perin reconfirmed that Jazz see him as being special, but it will take time. Said he is still a young guy in terms of playing time (and the kid just turned 22 a couple weeks ago). Etc.Nothing too surprising, tbh. Some of you will say "but they would say that even if they wanted to trade him," which is true, but it is also the narrative they've always said, and all other scouts have said.