What's new

Karl Malone, Greg Miller and Randy Rigby on 1280 Right Now!!

Randy...we already have one. It's called Jazzfanz. Please stop by and post anytime. I'm not a moderator, but I can pretty much guarantee they would waive the probationary requirements for you, Greg, Kevin or Dennis. If you're not sure how to sign up, ask that freak, Matt Harping. We're pretty sure he's been on here incognito. And judging from some of the Trib and Deseret News articles, we KNOW the Jazz beat writers visit here frequently. What say ye?

:)

We did have Jerry Sloan's daughter sign up a few years back...

So, I guess cross this off the list of Corbin's accomplishments. Favors development has come from working with Karl, not from the wonderful guidance Ty has given the young guys. And I would credit Jefferson for Enes' improvement. The footwork and up and under move Kanter started to show was definitely Big Al-esque.

Kanter had good foot work before he even worked with AL. Jefferson certainly taught him things but Kanter had that up and under move when he was a rookie.

I can't wait to see what Karl does for these young bigs. I hope it goes so well they hire him as a FT assistant...one who won't just put up and shut up. I hope the FO (and Ty) is a little afraid of Karl, and it makes them better.

I can't wait to see what Karl does for these young bigs. I hope it goes so well they hire him as a FT assistant...one who won't just put up and shut up. I hope the FO (and Ty) is a little afraid of Karl, and it makes them better.

Free throw assistant? They have those?

Carlesmo discussing the Malone Hire:

I don't care if he said Karl poops gold, walks on clouds, can rope the moon and pull it down with his own mighty strength ---NEVER Ever will I care what the cowardly PJ says EVER about the Jazz. His betrayal was too deep, cost the team too much his deceptions did more to cost the Jazz a championship with John and Karl than Michael s push off. His name should be a hiss and a by-word, his image banned, and his words counted as dross on Jazzfanz FOREVER.

This is the image of 'PJ' that should be held in the eye of every Jazzfan.
Prince-John-Robin-Hood-disney-villains-1024488_720_480.jpg

tumblr_inline_mkp9xaA8vx1rrpsd7.gif

I don't care if he said Karl poops gold, walks on clouds, can rope the moon and pull it down with his own mighty strength ---NEVER Ever will I care what the cowardly PJ says EVER about the Jazz. His betrayal was too deep, cost the team too much his deceptions did more to cost the Jazz a championship with John and Karl than Michael s push off. His name should be a hiss and a by-word, his image banned, and his words counted as dross on Jazzfanz FOREVER.

This is the image of 'PJ' that should be held in the eye of every Jazzfan.
Prince-John-Robin-Hood-disney-villains-1024488_720_480.jpg
It's PJ (Carlesimo), not Phil Jackson. What did Carlesimo do other than getting choked by Sprewell? I guess I just don't remember his "betrayal."

I thought you would know this story, or are you defending PJ? Anyway, he knew Wright was unstable. When the Jazz contacted him he told them not to worry and encouraged the Jazz towards Wright. Saddest part was the Jazz man who contacted pj had worked with pj before and they had some type of relationship to where the jazz guy (I want to say it was Phil Johnson, but I can't remember for sure) thought they were friends.

Later, when it all fell apart and stories started coming together it was clear that pj had known there were issues and perhaps he had let other NBA people know it, but his 'friend' on the the jazz was feed another story. Jazz are still paying for it.

I have heard it explained that from that the Jazz therafter changed their background checks where they make many more calls to make sure the coach, even if he is a friend, isn't lying.

I thought you would know this story, or are you defending PJ? Anyway, he knew Wright was unstable. When the Jazz contacted him he told them not to worry and encouraged the Jazz towards Wright. Saddest part was the Jazz man who contacted pj had worked with pj before and they had some type of relationship to where the jazz guy (I want to say it was Phil Johnson, but I can't remember for sure) thought they were friends.

Later, when it all fell apart and stories started coming together it was clear that pj had known there were issues and perhaps he had let other NBA people know it, but his 'friend' on the the jazz was feed another story. Jazz are still paying for it.

I have heard it explained that from that the Jazz therafter changed their background checks where they make many more calls to make sure the coach, even if he is a friend, isn't lying.
No, I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the story. SO I guess when Ty is fired next season, we shouldn't expect PJ to be on the short list of replacements.