What's new

Karl Malone, Greg Miller and Randy Rigby on 1280 Right Now!!

Lindsey on 1280 confirmed that Karl will also be working with Jeremy Evans. Dennis said, "And others" but he obviously can't name FA's or draft prospects right now.

Guys.. this is the reason Favors seek out help from Karl through the FO.

He'll be the highest paying player on our team next year (pending any new FA signing and the injured Marv.).

Do you think he's under pressure to take this team by the horn, and lead from the front?

utah-jazz-salaries-i.png

Jazz will be paying Luther Wright a hundred something thousand a year until 2019 (I think).
I read somewhere that Luther Wright signed away all rights to that money and his mom or some relative will collect on it. What a dummy...

I remember reading an article that said his mom got control of the annuity and essentially either cashed it in (like at one of the JG Wentworth type places) or used it as collateral for something and it's gone now. A shame.

It's in this article:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...tom-Luther-Wright-finds-salvation.html?pg=all

When the Jazz cut him in 1994, DiFazio, converted his five-year, $5 million contract into an annuity that would pay Wright $158,000 for the next 25 years. But Wright's mother, Mae, had gained control over the annuity when Wright was mentally unstable, he says. She used it as collateral for a large loan. Payments on that loan ate up much of the money.

Wright won't say how she spent the money. He refuses to allow access to his mother, whose health, he says, is deteriorating.

Most of the rest of the money went to child support payments to four children Wright supposedly fathered with four different women, leaving just a small piece — he won't say how much — for Wright himself.

Hopefully things are still going as well for him as when the article was written.