What's new

KAWHI TO MISS GAME 5

For the millionth time, IT IS TIME TO HAVE CONLEY AT LEAST SUB IN FOR MITCHELL.
Yeah he was just ruled out... I knew as soon as the Kawhi thing was announced they wouldn't chance it. Super predictable.

You'd think a slow ramp up to normal minutes would be the natural progression with something like this but I guess not.

Yeah he was just ruled out... I knew as soon as the Kawhi thing was announced they wouldn't chance it. Super predictable.

You'd think a slow ramp up to normal minutes would be the natural progression with something like this but I guess not.
Of course. Why do you think that announcement came at 11 am and not 2 pm?

Prediction: if CP3 misses a large amount of WCF, and if we advance, they will load manage Conley until the finals, and they will probably attempt to load manage then. Then when he comes back, all rusty, he'll reaggravate, and they'll declare the importance of load managing even harder.

Of course. Why do you think that announcement came at 11 am and not 2 pm?
And people out here wondering why Don gots his own trainers he trusts... I just think its very clear they are taking "do we absolutely need Mike to play?" into account when determining how good his hamstring is.

How often can you get MRIs and stuff like that. I don’t like the idea that the trainers watch a guy do the balance beam, warm up, and then stick their fingers in the wind and give a thumbs up or thumbs down.

How often can you get MRIs and stuff like that. I don’t like the idea that the trainers watch a guy do the balance beam, warm up, and then stick their fingers in the wind and give a thumbs up or thumbs down.
An MRI isn’t necessarily going to tell you about function. For instance, even if his MRI didn’t show anything, it’s still a clinical decision based on how he’s actually functioning. The MRI can tell you if there’s further tissue damage but, as nearly all imaging reports say, “correlate clinically.”

Boy, if the swelling is too bad to even do the imaging, I don’t think that bodes well for a Kawhi return.

Right. But even if the diagnosis isn't as severe as a partial ACL tear, I doubt Kawhi can play on that knee. You can't have your knee drained and then just go play an NBA playoff game. He's got to rest it for close to 2 weeks regardless.

An MRI isn’t necessarily going to tell you about function. For instance, even if his MRI didn’t show anything, it’s still a clinical decision based on how he’s actually functioning. The MRI can tell you if there’s further tissue damage but, as nearly all imaging reports say, “correlate clinically.”
Can’t we get one of those MLM scam skin scans that says he needs more vitamin C and have that be the sciencey part of the evaluation?

They Stick their fingers somewhere else, but otherwise it's pretty much right on.

I've already said it a few times, but I will be surprised if we see Conley again during these playoffs. Maybe if we make it through the Western Conference finals he'll end up playing in the finals overall. But I think his injury is way worse than they will tell us, so I'd be surprised to see him play again before the finals. And even then I kind of doubt it.

I've already said it a few times, but I will be surprised if we see Conley again during these playoffs. Maybe if we make it through the Western Conference finals he'll end up playing in the finals overall. But I think his injury is way worse than they will tell us, so I'd be surprised to see him play again before the finals. And even then I kind of doubt it.
He'll return early in the WCF if we make it.

It's a hamstring strain. It's not more serious than they are telling us. It's just a ****** unpredictable injury, even mild ones.