What's new

Kemba or Tobias, who would you rather have?

Kemba or Tobias, who do you take?

• Total voters
there was a stint in January when Gallo was out... Tobias averaged like 6 assists and put up some big scoring numbers. I think there is an efficient 22-23 ppg with 4-5 assist per game player in there. He's also been really durable. I just think we deserve this and so does he... let's make it happen.

I would want Tobias. I think Kemba is a better player but I think that Harris fits are system better and I still have hope for Dante at the point.

there was a stint in January when Gallo was out... Tobias averaged like 6 assists and put up some big scoring numbers. I think there is an efficient 22-23 ppg with 4-5 assist per game player in there. He's also been really durable. I just think we deserve this and so does he... let's make it happen.

The fact he can handle and run screen/roll at a high level is a massive plus that for me tips it in favour of him

He averaged 10ppg 5rpg 7assists on the season. He doesnt get hurt when the suns comes up. He's going to be cheap. If you spend most of the money on Harris your going to be limited, or make some creative trades.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

He’s going to be cheap for a reason

Its easier seeing Tobias here so Ill say him. Kemba is the face of that franchise its hard seeing him leave it even if their results havent been great. MJ said he was 'hellbent' on resigining him.

Its easier seeing Tobias here so Ill say him. Kemba is the face of that franchise its hard seeing him leave it even if their results havent been great. MJ said he was 'hellbent' on resigining him.

I think they give him the full boat... he will take it... force a trade later if you need to... the will be the face of mediocrity.

Tobias has a lot of skills, but let's make sure not to portray him as a passing savant. He's good at making the right play, but he doesn't have Ingles-style creativity or guts in the passing game. Just FYI.

Tobias has a lot of skills, but let's make sure not to portray him as a passing savant. He's good at making the right play, but he doesn't have Ingles-style creativity or guts in the passing game. Just FYI.

he does have a thoroughly decent points per PNR tho

I'd be very interested to know the correlation between Jazzfanz' opinion on Tobias/Kemba and Jazzfanz' opinion on whether Mitchell should be a full time PG or not.

I'd be very interested to know the correlation between Jazzfanz' opinion on Tobias/Kemba and Jazzfanz' opinion on whether Mitchell should be a full time PG or not.
Should he be the full time PG? Probably not.
Should he be the guy filling the PG spot on the floor? Yes.
He doesn't need to be the PG on offense to man that spot. Ingles can be your offensive PG while Donovan defends the PG most of the time.

Should he be the full time PG? Probably not.
Should he be the guy filling the PG spot on the floor? Yes.
He doesn't need to be the PG on offense to man that spot. Ingles can be your offensive PG while Donovan defends the PG most of the time.
I'm not trying to argue for one point or the other here, I'm just curious to know if the crowd who want Donovan at full time PG are the same - or close to the same - crowd who would prefer Tobias over Kemba.

I'm not trying to argue for one point or the other here, I'm just curious to know if the crowd who want Donovan at full time PG are the same - or close to the same - crowd who would prefer Tobias over Kemba.

I think we need an additional ball handler... whether a pg or sg. I think Kemba's size scares me... Conley is a good defender so that doesn't both me as much with him.

I think we can find a guard or wing that can handle and we'd be bigger on defense... getting playmaking and shooting at the 4 is awesome and more rare than with a guard... that was my general thought process.

It's super close and I see both sides... coin flip imo.

Probably, I'd rather have Tobias. And I think Donovan would be fine at PG. That said if Jrue holliday were available he'd probably be my preference over all of them. I'm not firmly in one camp or the other.

I would go after Tobias and put a bigger guard next to Mitchell.
That's my feeling as well. I was torn on the question for a while (still am a bit) but eventually came down on the side of Tobias because I think a Kemba/Donovan backcourt might be too small.

That's my feeling as well. I was torn on the question for a while (still am a bit) but eventually came down on the side of Tobias because I think a Kemba/Donovan backcourt might be too small.

A George Hill-type guard with good length and the ability to play off the ball would be ideal. Exum wouldn't be terrible if he could stop breaking.

Danny Chau of theringer seems to think the Jazz are set to move Donovan Mitchell to the point. I wonder how much inside info he has, if any. But if he's right it has to mean the Jazz are targeting a guy like Tobias.

Gobert/Tobias/Ingles/Royce/Spida would be a pretty damn good starting lineup I think fwiw. The Gobert/Tobias pair inside is basically ideal. Ingles wouldn't have to carry as much of the offensive load as he has been with Tobias in the lineup. Royce could also take some of the defensive workload off of Joe. Saving his legs a little bit. Letting him go back to being a spot up shooter (and secondary ball handler helping Donovan). Donovan would benefit on both sides of the ball with this lineup. I think we'd see improvement. And I believe in Royce as a starter. He just needs to be more consistent.