What's new

Kemba or Tobias, who would you rather have?

Kemba or Tobias, who do you take?

• Total voters
Tobias has Great size. Looks thick. Solid. Tight.

But Kemba has continued to progress. I wanna see more pics or vid clips. I wanna see what he’s got man. Wanna see how freakin' solid, thick and tight he can get.

I see what you did there...

Tobias has Great size. Looks thick. Solid. Tight.

But Kemba has continued to progress. I wanna see more pics or vid clips. I wanna see what he’s got man. Wanna see how freakin' solid, thick and tight he can get.
I'm one of the few here who probably understand this. Thank you, I laughed out loud.

lol the last few meaningless weeks of the season means squat. He's nearly as bad a shooter as Dante except he's played a lot and been able to demonstrate without any doubt that he's no good
He averaged 10ppg 5rpg 7assists on the season. He doesnt get hurt when the suns comes up. He's going to be cheap. If you spend most of the money on Harris your going to be limited, or make some creative trades.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I picked Tobias... getting his playmaking from that spot may allow us to put more playmakers on the floor...
This in a nutshell is why I want Tobias. If we sign Walker, great. He’s a nice player, but is redundant to what we already have, and minimizes Ingles.
Kemba, all day. Our PG situation is that bad.

Would be thrilled with Tobias, though.

As bad as our 4 situation? I disagree. If we add Walker, now we have 3 players that need the ball on the perimeter to be affective, and minimizes Ingles role on the team, and we still have a hole at the 4 position, Favors is gone obviously, Crowder isn’t a very good outside shooter most of the time, and not a good playmaker, and though I am high on Niang, who knows.

On the other hand, if we have Harris, all we need to do is add a Beverly or a P-Mills type pg, because we have plenty of playmaking from Mitchell and Ingles, and Neto and Exum are quality backups when healthy, surely one can be healthy most of the time... I hope.

Gobert ?
Harris Crowder Niang
Ingles O’Neale Crowder
Mitchell O’Neale Allen
Beverly or Mills Exum Neto Allen

Or

Gobert ?
Crowder Niang
Ingles O’Neale Crowder
Mitchell O’Neale Allen
Walker Exum Neto Allen

To me I think the top lineup is more potent and versatile and takes full advantage of all the talent on this team. We don’t need a playmaking talent at pg with Mitchell and Ingles. They compliment each other so well, adding Walker to that is just overkill IMO.

He averaged 10ppg 5rpg 7assists on the season. He doesnt get hurt when the suns comes up. He's going to be cheap. If you spend most of the money on Harris your going to be limited, or make some creative trades.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I’d rather have Beverley.

Tobias, and it wasn't very close for all the reasons listed (except the bodybuilding reasons). Also like that Harris is 2 years younger and should be at peak during the entire contract but Kemba will likely be in decline by the end.

This in a nutshell is why I want Tobias. If we sign Walker, great. He’s a nice player, but is redundant to what we already have, and minimizes Ingles.

As bad as our 4 situation? I disagree. If we add Walker, now we have 3 players that need the ball on the perimeter to be affective, and minimizes Ingles role on the team, and we still have a hole at the 4 position, Favors is gone obviously, Crowder isn’t a very good outside shooter most of the time, and not a good playmaker, and though I am high on Niang, who knows.

On the other hand, if we have Harris, all we need to do is add a Beverly or a P-Mills type pg, because we have plenty of playmaking from Mitchell and Ingles, and Neto and Exum are quality backups when healthy, surely one can be healthy most of the time... I hope.

Gobert ?
Harris Crowder Niang
Ingles O’Neale Crowder
Mitchell O’Neale Allen
Beverly or Mills Exum Neto Allen

Or

Gobert ?
Crowder Niang
Ingles O’Neale Crowder
Mitchell O’Neale Allen
Walker Exum Neto Allen

To me I think the top lineup is more potent and versatile and takes full advantage of all the talent on this team. We don’t need a playmaking talent at pg with Mitchell and Ingles. They compliment each other so well, adding Walker to that is just overkill IMO.

So?

Tobias, and it wasn't very close for all the reasons listed (except the bodybuilding reasons). Also like that Harris is 2 years younger and should be at peak during the entire contract but Kemba will likely be in decline by the end.
Harris is three years younger, which is a lifetime in the NBA. Kemba is 29, and the backend of that contract is gonna be rough for whoever signs him to it.

Harris is three years younger, which is a lifetime in the NBA. Kemba is 29, and the backend of that contract is gonna be rough for whoever signs him to it.
Ok, so Harris is actually 2 years 68 days younger, but I still think this puts them at different points in their careers at the end of a 4 year contract.

Ok, so Harris is actually 2 years 68 days younger, but I still think this puts them at different points in their careers at the end of a 4 year contract.

He's also bigger and likely to age well... Kemba being small and being reliant on athleticism could be a nasty fall off. IT has lost 2 years on his hip injury... I could see something like that happening with Kemba… not definite, but in the realm of possibility.

I picked Tobias... getting his playmaking from that spot may allow us to put more playmakers on the floor... it was really tough.

My rationale is that point guards and wings with shooting ability and some level of playmaking are more abundant than 4s that do it.

Being younger and an easier fit also factor in... I also think we could still get Conley later if we signed Tobias... and I think that fit with DM might be better than Kemba... I worry DM and Kemba May end up not work well together and freeze out other guys (not a lot of mouths to feed but still) I think Conley is a better distributor, but in Kemba defense... who the hell should he distribute to?
I think the Conley thing shouldn't be overlooked regarding this conversation as I'm not even positive I like Kemba more than Conley, and I think Conley could be the most-available of the Jazz's targets. It is worth noting that the Grizzlies have demoted Wallace, done a FO overhaul, and don't have a coach.

If there's some scenario that we can have Tobias and Conley, gun hard for that and if Conley is all you end up with, fine. For those that would be worried about the salary going forward; by the time Donovan actually gets his payday, Conley, Gobert, and Ingles also come off the books. At that point, the Jazz could try and re-load if the experiment somehow didn't go well.

I like any of those scenarios more than paying a 32 or 33-year old Kemba >$35 million and the lost opportunity of Conley.

You mean the exception that proves the rule?
I'm looking at Player A and Player B, with respect to the way they each impact the game. In a general view, I don't consider 29 to be that old for Player A or Player B. Very little hesitation when it comes to imagining a 4-year contract.

I think the Conley thing shouldn't be overlooked regarding this conversation as I'm not even positive I like Kemba more than Conley, and I think Conley could be the most-available of the Jazz's targets. It is worth noting that the Grizzlies have demoted Wallace, done a FO overhaul, and don't have a coach.

If there's some scenario that we can have Tobias and Conley, gun hard for that and if Conley is all you end up with, fine. For those that would be worried about the salary going forward; by the time Donovan actually gets his payday, Conley, Gobert, and Ingles also come off the books. At that point, the Jazz could try and re-load if the experiment somehow didn't go well.

I like any of those scenarios more than paying a 32 or 33-year old Kemba >$35 million and the lost opportunity of Conley.

It's complicated because Conley would require assets so there is some opportunity cost.

I take either Harris or Kemba all day everyday. I think you could find viable stretch fours on the market for bargain price (7-10M per year), but you can't get ones that can playmake/create like Tobias... there is also some untapped potential I could really get excited about.

I think it would be easier to find a pg or sg that provides some playmaking but that market isn't super saturated either... I think guys like Dragic (may be washed) and Conley could become available.

It's a tough call... that we will not have to make... I'd love to be choosey. I also think Kemba is a lot less likely to leave his current situation... the extra year and $50-$80M is tough to pass up to join another small market with a chance to win big. He could bolt to NY with KD or Clippers with Kawhi or Lakers with Lebron or Dallas... so those markets provide better money making opportunities and are generally more desirable... I'm guessing they pony up the full 5/220M max for him or at very least the 5/190M and figure it out later.