What's new

Kirilenko for Varejao and Mo

The Jazz definitely do this deal.

Varejao's an active 6-11 PF/C who might just work out against the likes of Gasol and Bosh.

Those worried about Mo's contract, well he could probably be traded for an expiring and a pick later. That would just leave Varejao's salary by the following season.

Or, before the Jazz get spoiled with a really good, albeit expensive, backup PG/SG, get a third team that would take in Mo for their starting PG and send an expiring to the Jazz (better yet if they have cap space or equivalent TPE) and a pick to the Cavs if that helps get a deal done.

If the Cavs do this trade and then lose Jamison for an expiring from some playoffs team, they blow up their team straight away. More lottery balls and cap space for what it's worth. The Cavs owner should realize that keeping Lebron's supporting cast won't make his Cavs win a title before the Heat as he crazily promised.

Best AK-for-a-big proposal so far.

With Lebron gone, Mo Williams is the Cavs best player. Why would they want to get rid of him, especially when Dan Gilbert promised Cavs fans that they'd win a title before Lebron does. AK doesn't get them closer to a title.

With Lebron gone, Mo Williams is the Cavs best player. Why would they want to get rid of him, especially when Dan Gilbert promised Cavs fans that they'd win a title before Lebron does. AK doesn't get them closer to a title.
That was in all likelihood promise made at the, um, heat of the moment. He's probably cooled down a bit by now.

Who are the Cavs kidding that they have a shot at beating the Lakers and Miami or heck, a dozen other possible playoffs teams including the Jazz, with their current team?

I bet the Cavs remember how they got Lebron in the first place -- by tanking.

Here's a less desirable but perhaps slightly more realistic scenario: What if the Cavs want to hold on to Mo (or trade him elsewhere) but would give up Varejao only if they could also get rid of Jamison plus maybe get a pick? The salaries also match with AK.

Unless the Cavs want to totally rebuild next year via free agency, no way they trade a quality starter and their top role player for AK. Jazz would do this in a heartbeat though...
And, w/o Lebron, no veteran wants to go to Cleveland!

Here's a less desirable but perhaps slightly more realistic scenario: What if the Cavs want to hold on to Mo (or trade him elsewhere) but would give up Varejao only if they could also get rid of Jamison plus maybe get a pick? The salaries also match with AK.

Not bad. How long does he have left on his deal? I'm not sure how good his D is or if he can play the 3 these days.

Would you pull the trigger?

Why the Jazz do it:

- Varejao -
... is arguably the best role player in the league
... is one of the best defensive bigs in the league
... is 6'11
... playoffs and finals experience

- Williams -
... superb outside shooter
... combo guard skills, can play with Williams at times
... great scorer for the second unit
... playoffs and finals experience

- Cap -
...saves 1.3 million dollars this year

Why the Jazz don't do it:

- Kirilenko -
...miss his length and defence at the three?

- Cap -
... 5 year commitment on Varajao
... 2 year commitment on Williams
... Luxury tax over the next few years?

Why the Cavs do it:

Af
ter the Lebron debacle Cleveland is in a rebuilding mode. Large financial commitments for twenty seven year old role players do not make a lot of sense. With Kirilenko they can take nearly eighteen million off the books next season.

Wow, I hope you were really high when you wrote this. If you weren't it certainly doesn't say much for your intelligence. So the jazz should now trade ak (an expiring large contract we've been clinging on to for years now, to one day dump for an allstar) for a long term contract on a guy that was only decent (at best) because he had a guy named Lebron to make him better. And also aquire williams ( a talented point guard) to rot on the bench because we would much rather give our minutes TO THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE. Not to mention we would be landed in a strapped budget it would take years to get out of it. Or we keep ak and in one year were able to sign an allstar type player for the same money. Ya your right make the deal, where do we sign?? Just because kevin o conner may be a vegtable doesn't mean the fans have to start taking his tarded mentality.

Wow, I hope you were really high when you wrote this. If you weren't it certainly doesn't say much for your intelligence. So the jazz should now trade ak (an expiring large contract we've been clinging on to for years now, to one day dump for an allstar) for a long term contract on a guy that was only decent (at best) because he had a guy named Lebron to make him better. And also aquire williams ( a talented point guard) to rot on the bench because we would much rather give our minutes TO THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE. Not to mention we would be landed in a strapped budget it would take years to get out of it. Or we keep ak and in one year were able to sign an allstar type player for the same money. Ya your right make the deal, where do we sign?? Just because kevin o conner may be a vegtable doesn't mean the fans have to start taking his tarded mentality.

Williams would play both guard positions, not just 10 minutes/game behind Deron.

What's crazy is continuing to believe that AK's contract could get the Jazz an All-Star.

I suppose when you turn down numerous offers for All-Stars, you're bound to end up believing that should he be traded it will be for something real special.

Wow, I hope you were really high when you wrote this. If you weren't it certainly doesn't say much for your intelligence.

I suggested a scenario, stated the pros and cons and asked people for their opinions. I'm not married to the idea, just interested in discussing the possibilities to kill time during the off-season. Apparently you are too ****ing stupid to understand that.

So the jazz should now trade ak (an expiring large contract we've been clinging on to for years now, to one day dump for an allstar)

If you think AK's contract will bring us back an All-Star you are deluded.

for a long term contract on a guy that was only decent (at best) because he had a guy named Lebron to make him better.

Lebron helped Varejao to play defence? He taught him to hustle? He isn't an offensive player who was benefiting from open looks due to Lebron. His skills would be identical on any team in the league. He would also bring us a defensive minded big man, something this team has needed for years upon years.

Are you looking forward to watching Millsap, Jefferson and Memo trying to guard Gasol come playoff time again? I sure as **** aren't. All roads to the finals in the West go through Los Angeles.

And also aquire williams ( a talented point guard) to rot on the bench because we would much rather give our minutes TO THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE.

Williams would be a sixth man, who would get ten minutes a game behind Deron and ten to twenty minutes at the two as matchups dictate.

The only way this team will ever have a decent backup for Deron is with a talented combo guard who can get minutes at the two also as nobody with skill is going to want to play ten minutes per game.

Just because kevin o conner may be a vegtable doesn't mean the fans have to start taking his tarded mentality.

If you think Kevin O'Connor is a vegetable then you are a fool. Everything I have read indicates that he is highly regarded around the league. He has made his fair share of mistakes, which is easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but in the long-term he has been a very capable GM.

Varejao in place of Okur would be more palatable. Otherwise we would be giving almost 18 mil to two centers who would both be backups next year. Also we would be having a surplus of big men and a void at the wings with AK gone.

Varejao in place of Okur would be more palatable. Otherwise we would be giving almost 18 mil to two centers who would both be backups next year. Also we would be having a surplus of big men and a void at the wings with AK gone.
Except Okur, post-injury at that, would just get a big no from Cleveland.

Talent-wise, it's a no-brainer for the Jazz. Financially, it's a franchise-breaker for the Jazz. The Jazz absolutely cannot carry the financial weight with a CBA likely to drastically come down, and $39 million tied up in three players through 2012.

This is quite possibly the dumbest **** I've ever read on Jazzfanz. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but your douchebaggery invites. I don't know where to start and which part of what you said is the dumbest, as it's a collection of some of the most moronic notions that all of us could put together, combined. Were you serious, cause anything this dumb should have been a joke.

Yeah, AV is nothing without LeBron. His hustle never showed when LeBron was out of the picture. The guy should be a junior high coach by now. Yeah.
Yeah, AK's contract will expire and the Jazz will automatically get to spend all that $17 million. Yeah, sure. Try a few million princess.
Yeah, Mo would rot on the bench. We've never heard of players playing multiple positions, just like Mo did when he was here before. Yeah.

Maybe you could enlighten yourself by reading up a bit on the CBA rules, and expand your mind to the notion that the Jazz don't have many options. If they want to get better then they have to make a move like this. Just about everyone on here understands this, except apparently you, the "tarded mentality".

Or, quite simply, STFU STUPID! Actually, next time don't be such a dick about things. I'm sure you really are not.

Talent-wise, it's a no-brainer for the Jazz. Financially, it's a franchise-breaker for the Jazz. The Jazz absolutely cannot carry the financial weight with a CBA likely to drastically come down, and $39 million tied up in three players through 2012.

Doesn't have to be that way financially. Well, nothing can be done about Okur.

But if the Cavs were willing to deal Mo with Varejao, the Jazz can just keep Varejao and send Mo to another team. For example, Jordan supposedly tried to get Calderon with Dampier's nonguaranteed contract. They could get Mo instead. That would just leave the Jazz with Varejao's 7M this year while getting rid of AK's 17M.

But then the Cavs can just do that Mo-for-Dampier straight up with Charlotte. They then insist that the team that wants Varejao should instead get Jamison (2 years, 13+15) but who might still be tradable for an expiring later.

Terrible idea, Varejo is not close to being a center and is the defenition of hustle roleplayer. He will be grotesquely overpaid for the next 4 years. Mo would not see any minutes here unless the Jazz were to play small ball, which never works. Worse trade idea of the summer.

Another thing to consider for the Cavs is that if they're so desperate to dump salary, there are a number of teams with massive TPE's (large enough to absorb any player on their roster) and Erick Dampier. AK is at most 3rd on the list of ways the Cavs could dump salary, and that says nothing of what would likely be a net loss of abilities for the Cavs. The only way the Cavs consider doing this is if they really want AK for some reason.

All signs point to the Jazz hanging onto AK and trying to re-up him at a discount rate. Whether they actually get a discount rate is the only thing that's the question in my mind.