What's new

Kirilenko highlights in EuroBasket preparation matches

Zerol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh-oHbvy5Vg

His plays with the national team is showing flashes of his old self... I still don't want him back because he's fragile but boy how good can we be if he can play 70+ games out of 82??

Also, he looks like he has put on more mass, but that is just probably because all Euro's look like weaklings so its just the contrast.

yeah in game vs Lithuania he was close to his 5x5 in only 32 min of play. 13pts, 6reb, 6stl, 4blk, 4ast. Completely different player when given freedom and not restricted by role.

yeah in game vs Lithuania he was close to his 5x5 in only 32 min of play. 13pts, 6reb, 6stl, 4blk, 4ast. Completely different player when given freedom and not restricted by role.

He is also playing with opponents that allow him to be the best athlete on the floor (like he use to be in his early years in the NBA). Look at how weak most European players attack the basket, a weak side shot blocker's dream.

Meh.

From what I've seen of euro ball, most colleges could dominate. I mean, most of Turkey's players are complete jokes.

AK is great when he's going up against weak, stiff, and not very skilled players. He only plays motivated when he can be "the man" and the offense is centered around him. He's also more effective on the block rather than playing the 3. He's also better playing in a few games rather than the 82 game NBA season.

Which is exactly why he should be out of the NBA.

His pathetic *** took more money from the Jazz than Stockton and Malone took in their careers and the lazy *** never developed a single offensive move. Sorry, but that pathetic drive where he would yell, "aiiiiiiiii" and lose the ball isn't an offensive move IMO.

Yeah, AK is fragile and maybe not strong enough for the rigors of the NBA, but there is no doubt he's a special talent. Very few players in the NBA now or since could make some of the passes he was making, and on a team that uses him right he could still be a borderline All-Star in the NBA. I was surprised he's still this good; these games show that he was seriously injured last season and now has recovered.

Thnx for posting these, like I've always said if the price tag is right I'd love to have him back. Like Hayward mentioned in his interviews over the summer when asked about AK, he does a lot of little things that his team notices but maybe not all the fans see.

Yeah, AK is fragile and maybe not strong enough for the rigors of the NBA, but there is no doubt he's a special talent. Very few players in the NBA now or since could make some of the passes he was making, and on a team that uses him right he could still be a borderline All-Star in the NBA. I was surprised he's still this good; these games show that he was seriously injured last season and now has recovered.

AK on the prime Nash-era Suns would have been great.

I have always been a big AK fan. His problem is he is a round peg being shoved into a square hole. Put AK in phoenix's offense and he is a completely different player. AK's best position is the low block where he can pass to cutters or be creative. Asking AK to play the 3 and shot 3's regularly is asking for problems. The real problem is that while I'd love to have AK back for a good price, say 4-5 million a year for 3 years, the Jazz already have way to many PF's. We need a player who can shoot 3's and play small forward.

his time is over, for some reason he could not fill expectations, he was paid like a star and played like very good role player. that's it.

he won't play for 3mil a year. He needs money:)