What's new

Knicks hire Walt Perrin as Assistant GM

Don't worry. We'll keep his seat warm. He'll get fired in a couple years. Not his doing. Dolan's.

Is that the guy responsible for signing Stockton and Malone?
If not, we don't need a guy who signed Conley and let Enes Kanter go.

Feels like an intentional step to me, but that’s just me.
"How can we get Donovan Mitchell?"
"We should hire the guy in the organization who has no contact with him."

I've never met him, but I like what I know of Walt.

I will miss Walt's interactions with the Media during draft workouts.

Media asks a 2-minute question. Walt gives a 2-word answer. That ought to play well in New York.

He was integral in the workout in which Donovan was drafted. I can assure you Donovan knows Walt. Donovan also knows their President who was an agent he was under with CAA. Idk. I’d rather it hadn’t been him.
Of course he knows Walt Perrin. That's not my point.

I'll be a contrarian here. He hit on Donovan but how about our other recent draft picks? Trey Lyles, X, Rodney, Oliver Hanlan?

I'll be a contrarian here. He hit on Donovan but how about our other recent draft picks? Trey Lyles, X, Rodney, Oliver Hanlan?
It’s fair. You hit and miss though. He’s had good ones and bad ones like everyone. Jazz have found talent in strange places. I think it’s a loss, I also think we’re okay. Had we lost Zanick too it would have been really crappy. But it also sucks to know that Zanick isn’t like super committed to being here. Also, the Jazz not looking to hire isn’t my favorite either.

Jazz aren't replacing him...dividing duties instead.

Good business move in a period of cash flow crunch and uncertainty around the draft schedule. I just hope they got his scouting notes before he is gone.

In financial times like this, not filling the position takes some pressure off other members in the scouting department. Homey will volunteer his services. It's the patriotic thing to do.

Go look at the track record of people leaving us for the Knicks. I’ll wait. So will the organization, apparently.

Obviously this is a huge pull for the Knicks.... I would say it seems like Walt is gonna end up as the GM after they fail this next year and Scott Perry gets axed.