What's new

Knicks vs Cavs 1st Round Series (Mitchell Getting *** Whooped by Brunson Season 2)

donald-trump-weird-face.gif

This is also why having two small non-defensive guards in your starting lineup is less than ideal.
I mean, duh. I never want to see a Donovan Conley type duo again. Both good players but together, hell nah. It's why I always wanted Donovan to play point guard

Seven basically unprotected. Plus two rookies (so arguably NINE). AND 2.5 swaps (technically three, but they can only get two of them). And half of a top-4 protected Laker pick far out. Let's just say ~12 picks.

Plus Lauri and THT.
Sexton.

Do I recall right that Ainge gave an interview where he said he didn’t have confidence that Mitchell could lead a team to a championship?

A move to Miami might just be the best case scenario for Don. Having a battle tested veteran like Butler who would hold his feet to the fire when he slacked on defense would do wonders. Might even temper some of his hero ball tendencies. A little less talk and a lot more action.

A move to Miami might just be the best case scenario for Don. Having a battle tested veteran like Butler who would hold his feet to the fire when he slacked on defense would do wonders. Might even temper some of his hero ball tendencies. A little less talk and a lot more action.
Also he doesn't have to be clutch there.

Do I recall right that Ainge gave an interview where he said he didn’t have confidence that Mitchell could lead a team to a championship?

I don't think it was an interview, but I do remember reading an article that said the Jazz front office wasn't sure Donovan could be a number 1 option on a championship team.

I don't think it was an interview, but I do remember reading an article that said the Jazz front office wasn't sure Donovan could be a number 1 option on a championship team.

Really? Do post where you read that. I would like to read it.

In the playoffs he is shooting well and still barely efficient at all from a shots to points perspective because he can't get to the FT line.

And I dont get how post ASB is random. Do you know what random means? Random would be me pointing out Dejounte only shot above 30% from 3 on two days out of the week (Monday and Friday, and yes this is a true stat)
I don't get the points-per-shot perspective at all. Why does that matter? The fact that there's no shot on the box score when a player was fouled is meaningless, it's still a possession. Not saying it isn't important to get to the line, because of course it is, but getting 2 points on 2 FTs and 2 points on a made basket doesn't make any other difference than adding to the other team's foul trouble.

Its wild how Mobley took Randle out of the series essentially and Knicks still blew them out of the park. Robinson/Hartenstein taking turns in sonning Allen was equally impactful as Dons poor efficiency imo.