What's new

KOC is on a plane right now...

MoTappin

My husband is on his way to Florida this morning on business, first stopping in Atlanta. He messaged me that KOC is on the plane.

Of course it could be nothing. I'm not sure if there are in-person meetings or evaluations before trades. Wonder if he's getting off in Atlanta or somewhere else. I would assume it would be Jazz-related somehow, but who knows.

Atlanta is a major hub so could be going anywhere really. My guess is to Orlando for all star break where trade talks do happen, but this is not an indication of a trade IMO.

Uhhh... He was traveling through one of the world's busiest airports.

This means nothing. If there was really a trade going down, wouldn't a simple phone call be easier? Come on people, common sense here...

Yes he could be going anywhere. I thought of Orlando, but it would seem a few days early, IMO, for him to be going there. I dunno though. Just thought it was interesting in case we start hearing something about some kind of transaction. But like I said I don't know if any of this stuff is ever done in person.

Pretty sure if KOC is thinking 'stay competitive this year' a move has gotta be made sooner rather than later before we're completely out of contention

On another note, he also took a **** in the bathroom I was in at the airport and I could hear him clicking away on his blackberry. Big things are coming.

Gone of the archaic ways of doing multi-million dollar trades over unreliable telephones, its 2012 so get to know these words....."aero plane". Yes folks, the efficient way to do business in a changing world. "2012 and BEYYYOOOOOND"

Hey ease up on the lady I thought it was a good tip. Atleast we know that KOC is doing something more than playing around on the internet all day.

Pretty sure if KOC is thinking 'stay competitive this year' a move has gotta be made sooner rather than later before we're completely out of contention

I hope if KOC makes a trade this year he is thinking of the future and not trying to nab the 8th seed this year. If we get another young player or two in a trade plus two lottery picks we could become the next OKC. Granted no Durant but we should be deeper with talent.

Uhhh... He was traveling through one of the world's busiest airports.

This means nothing. If there was really a trade going down, wouldn't a simple phone call be easier? Come on people, common sense here...

My personal experience is that people from KOCs generation more often prefer a face to face meeting. They like looking a man/woman in the eye when they are talking to them. Now granted I am sure KOC is comfprtable with any electronic form of communication but just an observation. Also I agree with the nod to Orlando. Probably wants to be on site just in case.

I agree first thing that popped in my head was heading to Orlando, second thing that popped into my head was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4hsC0nRvZM&feature=related

My personal experience is that people from KOCs generation more often prefer a face to face meeting. They like looking a man/woman in the eye when they are talking to them. Now granted I am sure KOC is comfprtable with any electronic form of communication but just an observation. Also I agree with the nod to Orlando. Probably wants to be on site just in case.

DisneyWorld here I come!

I hope if KOC makes a trade this year he is thinking of the future and not trying to nab the 8th seed this year. If we get another young player or two in a trade plus two lottery picks we could become the next OKC. Granted no Durant but we should be deeper with talent.

Sorry, I gotta disagree with you here. We cannot become the next OKC until we get a star. OKC would not be OKC without Durrant. Its a star league and Durrant is the star. But my hopes are similar to yours, I hope that KOC recognizes the need for a star and formulates a plan to get one rather than becoming the Milwaukee Bucks of the west.

You guys don't get it guys.
This is actually really great news.
It means KOC actually does his job.
It's now actually possible that he actually does fly the country to actually scout college players.
I didn't actually believe the radio guys before this, actually.

He is going to Starkville for the UK vs. MSU (MSST) game.

I'll try and talk to him and let him know how much NAOS hates Al Jefferson.

I never knew KOC flew on "Best Buy Airlines"
Nice one.
Trades won't really heat up until March 1st. But before we get too excited, it could be that KOC is taking an opportunity to look at some college players. Then again, the Jazz' next game is against Minnesota. Maybe O'Connor is leaving a day early to visit his favorite trading buddy, Kahn. I hear Brad Miller might be available (LOL).