What's new

Korver is trash

Ummm. No. Why would we count just those two games? Why not count every game? He has had 5 games with less than 5 points, 1 game with 8 pts. 5 games with 12-18 pts. Never eclipsing 4 assists or 4 rebounds. In fact only doing it once.

Sure, Ill give him 2 pts out of the 11 possible points.

Its now

NPC 9
Handles 2

I lead 9-2

Lmfao. Yeah, that’s how productivity works. No wonder you think Lavine’s phenomenal.

Yeah. He’s getting up 10.6 attempts per 36, which is awesome as I’ve always wanted a legit three point shooter with a green light. His first stint with us he only got like 5 attempts per 36. And it’s great that most are heavily contested.

So many regrets about his first run with us. I felt he was under utilized and was no fan of the Hayward pick then compounded by “we felt we didn’t need to bring Korver back because we drafted Hayward.” Then he went off and eventually became an all-star in Atlanta and is like, what, #3 or #4 on all time threes made list?

I still want Redick next year somehow too. Not sure if it’s monetarily even possible without letting dudes go.

Rubio-Exum
Mitchell-Redick
Ingles-Korver-O’Neale
Favors-Crowder-Sefalosha
Gobert

That’s our core getting fairly regular playing time. Udoh, Allen and Neto would be the next 3.

Rubio seems to be ahead of his typical curve and is starting to play better. Imagine if he gets ahead of the curve even quicker next season. And we had another sick shooter in Redick. AND Favors improves just a little bit more from 3 again!

Last edited:
I still want Redick next year somehow too. Not sure if it’s monetarily even possible without letting dudes go.

Rubio-Exum
Mitchell-Redick
Ingles-Korver-O’Neale
Favors-Crowder-Sefalosha
Gobert

That’s our core getting fairly regular playing time. Udoh, Allen and Neto would be the next 3.

Rubio seems to be ahead of his typical curve and is starting to play better. Imagine if he gets ahead of the curve even quicker next season. And we had another sick shooter in Redick. AND Favors improves just a little bit more from 3 again!
I’d love to always have one of Ingles, Korver, or Redick on the floor, and at least 20 minutes of two.

I’d love to always have one of Ingles, Korver, or Redick on the floor, and at least 20 minutes of two.
I was actually thinking today that the jazz should try to have 2 of korver, Ingles, and Crowder on the court at the same time this season. If that means Ingles or korver has to play the 2 or Crowder plays the 3 or whatever.
Always have one of them on the bench and 2 of them in the game.

Don't know if it's possible though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I was actually thinking today that the jazz should try to have 2 of korver, Ingles, and Crowder on the court at the same time this season. If that means Ingles or korver has to play the 2 or Crowder plays the 3 or whatever.
Always have one of them on the bench and 2 of them in the game.

Don't know if it's possible though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’d imagine that pretty much happens.

I'm really digging The Human Flamethrower as his nickname. Enemies giving us a lot of resistance, we go to the special artillery and go scorched earth on their asses. Cy nailed it.
Someone photoshop the NBA Jam flaming basketball on him. That goes way beyond my MS Paint skillz.

Korver should have been a jazz man for life.... still blows my mind we let him walk cause we didn't want him at 5 mill a year LOL

Is Doug McBuckets God awful on d?

TJ Warren?
I was about to mention that it’s too bad he’s not a 4. Another guy I wanted in years past.

We could probably also bring Ray Allen out of retirement.

I was about to mention that it’s too bad he’s not a 4. Another guy I wanted in years past.

We could probably also bring Ray Allen out of retirement.

If the Magic stumble, I’d love to go after DJ Augustin. Really good 3 point shooter. A near 3/1 A/TO ratio for his career. Can run an offense. He’d be a huge upgrade over Neto (and even Exum though Exum would have his spots)...insurance if Rubio gets hurt too. The Hill/Rubio injuries have killed us in the playoffs the last two years.

7.25M is a bit hefty and he’s got next year on his contract too. But a Sefolosha and filler for him would really upgrade our shooting and backup spot imo, giving us more lineup possibilities in which we would have 2-3 legit shooters on the floor at all times.

And yes I know it would hurt cap space in the summer.

He has had 5 games with less than 5 points, 1 game with 8 pts. 5 games with 12-18 pts.

If Korver only scores 5 points per game, but one is a key 3 pointer with less than 2 minutes to go......and then he's on the floor at the end, is purposely fouled and makes both free throws to seal the deal, then he's earned his keep and his money, true or false? At this stage of his career that's the best we can hope for on a regular basis.....but that would be enough to keep us winning games! It's possible he could also be a good influence on Mitchell and Rubino and even help them with there outside shooting! Lord knows they can use all the help they can get!

By the way, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz explode again this year for about 30 wins in the 2nd half of the season! We have a very good inside game, we play better than average defense, we're passing well and piling up big numbers of assists and we have a deep bench! Barring any major injuries we should be right there again for making a deep run into the playoffs!

Ummm. No. Why would we count just those two games? Why not count every game? He has had 5 games with less than 5 points, 1 game with 8 pts. 5 games with 12-18 pts. Never eclipsing 4 assists or 4 rebounds. In fact only doing it once.

Sure, Ill give him 2 pts out of the 11 possible points.

Its now

NPC 9
Handles 2

I lead 9-2

Yeah he’s only had two good games... eye roll... tell ya what we should do... let’s count all the points, etc. that Kyle has this year then compare it against the two second round picks we gave up and their career numbers...

You should prolly just admit that Korver isn’t trash and quit doubling down on stupid, but I’m guessing doubling down on stupid is kind of your thing.

He’s also averaging a career high in points per minute. 18.4 per 36 currently.

But he’s so old and washed... these things you say can’t possibly be true... I mean he’s old remember how old he is.

Yeah he’s only had two good games... eye roll... tell ya what we should do... let’s count all the points, etc. that Kyle has this year then compare it against the two second round picks we gave up and their career numbers...

You should prolly just admit that Korver isn’t trash and quit doubling down on stupid, but I’m guessing doubling down on stupid is kind of your thing.

Wait, why would we only count the 2 second rounders? Burks was in that deal too. So lets count his numbers. Lets also count who we missed out on by taking up cap space another year.

Nice try.