What's new

Kyrie to Utah?

Kyrie is dumb... who doesn't want to play with Lebron?

He seems like a real *** hat, especially to other players on his team. I think most people dont like playing with him. People only want to because they want to ride his coattails to a championship. I am guessing Kyrie realizes that they are not going to win another championship or just had too much of him.

Kyrie is dumb... who doesn't want to play with Lebron?

Because Lebron is leaving in a year. I'd believe that is more of a factor than wanting to leave Lebron. His preferred locations dont have him being the #1 option either (Minnesota and SAS) so I feel like that whole angle about wanting to the be focal point could be a lie.

Because Lebron is leaving in a year. I'd believe that is more of a factor than wanting to leave Lebron. His preferred locations dont have him being the #1 option either (Minnesota and SAS) so I feel like that whole angle about wanting to the be focal point could be a lie.

This. It sounds like he doesn't want to get left on a wrecked Cavs team if/when Lebron leaves in a year. The FA speculation about Lebron is going to hang over them all year too.

[TWEET]1463482[/TWEET]

He also thinks the earth is flat... Haralabob ftw https://twitter.com/haralabob

This. It sounds like he doesn't want to get left on a wrecked Cavs team if/when Lebron leaves in a year. The FA speculation about Lebron is going to hang over them all year too.

Then you request a trade in a year and make yourself sound less selfish and like more of a winner. Also, his value declines a bit so that his acquirer doesn't have to pony up as much.

Like because LBJ is out I'm gone too... I want to win.

You lack bball iq if you think he wouldn't be number one option on minny or spurs. Butler and Leonard are stud and play both sides of the ball but offensively Kyrie is vastly superior. I wouldn't expect people who think the jazz this year are still a playoff team to have much in the bball iq department. So carry on.

Here's a good one from last October:

Top 4 seeds like you and many around here where hyping you have to win games against teams like these. If not your not a top 4 team and your looking at 7 and 8th spot or lottery and at that point you better wwith hoping for the lottery and getting lucky with the balls because this teams gets swept, maybe wins one first round playoff game. is it even worth it at that point id be asking myself to make the playoffs. As I have always said the Jazz need a go To All Star player. look at how lillard puts up wins for Portland. A Team full of role players simply doesn't get it done.

I'll give you a pass on this because I figure it's one of those two times you've been wrong.

I fully respect Kyrie's decision. I think it takes some cohones to leave the most skilled basketball player of all time (IMO, I didn't say best). But this team does not cater to him. Oldest team in the league. No assets, except Kyrie. Klove is good but value is down. Lebron has a no trade clause. Pick situation is ****. And JR and Tristan rival Porter and Hardaway Jr contracts.... I don't think he wants to be the "focal point". Players don't say that if SA I on their list. I just don't think he wants to be a pawn in LeBron's scheme and left with nothing.

It's always going to be hard for the Jazz to be a real contender in this market. But I think I'd give up anyone not named Gobert and Mitchell (homer alert) for him. Dude puts asses in seats. I'd feel great about my season ticket $

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using JazzFanz mobile app

Can Rubio be traded? Also, what picks are we working with?

Is this why we signed all of this depth?

I'd give up a lot for Uncle Drew. We'd probably have to take back TT's big contract though.

I see Kyrie going to Knicks and Rose signing with Cavs. However, he would have been a great fit for Jazz before we got Rubio. We can cover his defensive weaknesses and he would immediately pull Jazz offense 3 levels up.

"I would honestly give up Hood and a few picks. Man what a great backduo would Mitchell and Kyrie be."

CLE out: Kyrie, Shumpert
CLE in: Carmelo, Bledsoe

NY out: Carmelo, Ntilikina, future 1st
NY in: Kyrie

PHX out: Bledsoe
PHX in: Ntilikina, future first

If the deal looks like this, I think Cleveland would still be the favorite in the EC.

The Knicks aren't doing that deal if they have to give up a 1st but if you take it out of the equation, everyone might. The Cavs def would or should and I think the Knicks def would. The Suns would be the biggest question but dumping Bledsoe for the young Frankie would mean a full youth movement and "tank" which might be the best way to go.

I'll give you a pass on this because I figure it's one of those two times you've been wrong.
co
It is newsworthy when NCJ gets it right. Stopped clocks are right twice a day. Every forum needs a court jester, think of the fun we'd be missing if he left with Deron, as he said he would.

The Knicks aren't doing that deal if they have to give up a 1st but if you take it out of the equation, everyone might. The Cavs def would or should and I think the Knicks def would. The Suns would be the biggest question but dumping Bledsoe for the young Frankie would mean a full youth movement and "tank" which might be the best way to go.

Agree. Irving is still young enough that he and Porzingis would be great players to build around. Certainly a better deal than what may have been on the table with Houston.

The Irving to Utah talk was probably just that and died before July 1st when DL traded for Rubio, IMO, there are now TWO untouchables on the roster: Gobert and Mitchell. The way DL talks about Donovan ...there's no way he gets moved. And I wouldn't be surprised if Spida ends up at the 1 when Rubio's contract ends. He's got a lot to work on, but Mitchell at PG would be a huge advantage for Utah, allowing a bigger guard to be at the 2. Maybe Dante, maybe Hood. If Rodney stays, I just don't see him at the 3 defensively.

Obviously, Kyrie isn't getting traded to Utah. But hypothetically, if that were to happen, considering that he is the very definition of a shoot first PG, can Utah play Kyrie off ball next to Rubio? Yes, it's a step backwards defensively but 3 steps forward offensively and in this new era of "positionless basketball", maybe it works?

Obviously, Kyrie isn't getting traded to Utah. But hypothetically, if that were to happen, considering that he is the very definition of a shoot first PG, can Utah play Kyrie off ball next to Rubio? Yes, it's a step backwards defensively but 3 steps forward offensively and in this new era of "positionless basketball", maybe it works?

I think that would just cause kyrie to pout and be a problem

If we traded a lot of pieces for Irving we would become the modern day Allen Iverson 76'ers.

I dont want that.