What's new

LA Cop Killer

No joke guys, one of my co-workers lives in the area where this guy was doing his thing. He ended up stuck in his house today because the police had closed the whole area off and wouldn't let anybody outside until they caught him.

Fantastic excuse for not making it in to work, though.

One of the deputies Former shot today died. Is that 4 people he killed? 5 if he caused and died in the fire?

One of the deputies Former shot today died. Is that 4 people he killed? 5 if he caused and died in the fire?

That is three officers, the daughter and her fiancee so 5 dead and I believe 2 other officers wounded.

So the LAPD intentionally starts the fire so Dorner won't stand trial? Makes you wonder what and how much the LAPD wants hidden.

So the LAPD intentionally starts the fire so Dorner won't stand trial? Makes you wonder what and how much the LAPD wants hidden.

Well let us say that the LAPD killed him in an echange of gunfire. That would be understandable.

But as some early reports indicate, Dorner was hidding in the cabin as it was on fire. Then he tried to exit the cabin and was prevented from doing so by the police. They kept him in there till he burned to death. If that is truly what happened than the police handed Dorner what he wanted, to destroy their image.

Way to hand your enemy exactly what he was looking for. Dorner never expected to live. He just wanted to destroy you publicly before he died. If you forced him to burn to death then you gave him what he wanted.

Well let us say that the LAPD killed him in an echange of gunfire. That would be understandable.

But as some early reports indicate, Dorner was hidding in the cabin as it was on fire. Then he tried to exit the cabin and was prevented from doing so by the police. They kept him in there till he burned to death. If that is truly what happened than the police handed Dorner what he wanted, to destroy their image.

Way to hand your enemy exactly what he was looking for. Dorner never expected to live. He just wanted to destroy you publicly before he died. If you forced him to burn to death then you gave him what he wanted.

You think they would force him back in and not just shoot him in the face? Sounds highly unlikely. The body probably isnt even his, he probably has tunnels and such and is going to pull off something like that Gerard Butler movie.

You think they would force him back in and not just shoot him in the face? Sounds highly unlikely. The body probably isnt even his, he probably has tunnels and such and is going to pull off something like that Gerard Butler movie.

Just saying that if what I heard was true than the police handed him what he wanted. Not saying I believe it. Just an observation.

During the live event, before damage control it was reported by CNN (among others im sure) that someone tried to leave the house but was forced back in.

I think Dorner's targets were the LAPD. The standoff and shoot out yesterday was with San Bern. Sheriffs and California Fish and Game Wardens. And if Dorner did try to leave the cabin in the middle of a shoot out while still actively shooting, whether the cabin was on fire or not, I have no problem with them forcing him back inside with small arms fire.

I think Dorner's targets were the LAPD. The standoff and shoot out yesterday was with San Bern. Sheriffs and California Fish and Game Wardens. And if Dorner did try to leave the cabin in the middle of a shoot out while still actively shooting, whether the cabin was on fire or not, I have no problem with them forcing him back inside with small arms fire.

If he was actively shooting as he came out then by all means return fire.

I was merely putting forward a plausable scenario, with the limited info that has been released, where the LAPD gives Dorner exactly what he wanted.

you'd have to prove it to me that LAPD wasn't there. The cops all go multijurisdictional on hunting down killers of their own men.

It's disappointing that he wasn't captured alive. Not because I give a rats *** about his life but because having people who do these things in custody gives us our best insight into their motivations and how they prepared and why they were able to do so much damage. We learn nothing from him now.

you'd have to prove it to me that LAPD wasn't there. The cops all go multijurisdictional on hunting down killers of their own men.

Obviously I can't prove anything to you because to you I'm just some dude on a message board. But I would submit that if LAPD was there, with all of the media that was on scene or in the area (including media helicopters), then it would have come out. I have not heard or read any news reports of LAPD being on scene.

Obviously I can't prove anything to you because to you I'm just some dude on a message board. But I would submit that if LAPD was there, with all of the media that was on scene or in the area (including media helicopters), then it would have come out. I have not heard or read any news reports of LAPD being on scene.

I wouldn't necessariy expect otherwise, so far as media coverage goes, but I wouldn't just rely on that either. If you could say you watched the news and looked for the LAPD labels on the police vehicles and saw none, that would count for something.

Even if you are "just some dude on a message board".