What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

Does anyone think Westbrook would actually put on a Jazz uniform and agree to play even one minute as a Jazz player
Not sure
He seems to have a bad taste for Utah and Jazz fans

It’s hard for me to comprehend forumite’s sympathies for the plight of the purple and gold tbh. Constructing Death Star line-ups comprised of Jazz guys I’ve rooted for goes against everything I stand for. I hope they choke hard on their own arrogance honestly.

And this pipe dream of bringing Westbrick to town because he’s a future HOFer and will somehow make us a better free agent destination is equally misguided. As I’ve said before this is his last go-round, he knows it and he’s not being bought out. So how many more fans is he going to bait into having them perm-banned before he’s done with us. He’s toxic and probably the impetus for Gail to decide to pack it in. If you didn’t notice, he doesn’t play well with others. He’ll infect our young and put us in a tailspin. And still the apparent adulation and hope among some here that he’ll finish his career in Jazz colors (pukes).
What a strange post. There isn't a single poster that has mentioned bringing Westbrook here to play next season let alone finish his career here. He is strictly a massive expiring contract and if he wants to play next season he either needs to agree to some kind of a buy out or else he just stays home for a year.

What a strange post. There isn't a single poster that has mentioned bringing Westbrook here to play next season let alone finish his career here. He is strictly a massive expiring contract and if he wants to play next season he either needs to agree to some kind of a buy out or else he just stays home for a year.
Did I say anything at all about him playing for us? You really think that that would control his toxic fallout on the team? That would only exacerbate the fallout because his massive ego would be bruised. Thank God It’s just a bunch of silly hypotheticals on a chat board and Danny Ainge is the one piloting the ship.

Did I say anything at all about him playing for us?
It seemed very clear that's what you were talking about.

You really think that that would control his toxic fallout on the team?
Not being on the team? Of course.

That would only exacerbate the fallout because his massive ego would be bruised.
He wouldn't be here.

Thank God It’s just a bunch of silly hypotheticals on a chat board and Danny Ainge is the one piloting the ship.
You mean the guy negotiating with the Lakers to bring in Russell Westbrook for their draft picks?

Starting to seriously wonder if you're playing with a full deck. Get well soon.

You did.

Of course.

He wouldn't be here.

You mean the guy negotiating with the Lakers to bring in Russell Westbrook for their draft picks?

Starting to seriously wonder if you're playing with a full deck. Get well soon.
Sure! That’s more like the guy we all know well enough not to challenge or engage. Thanks for the confirmation.:D

Did I say anything at all about him playing for us? You really think that that would control his toxic fallout on the team? That would only exacerbate the fallout because his massive ego would be bruised. Thank God It’s just a bunch of silly hypotheticals on a chat board and Danny Ainge is the one piloting the ship.

I think you need to read your post again. You are literally arguing about things that no one has ever mentioned.

There is clearly something wrong with you.
I know, right? Sorry boys, but I refuse to drink the koolaid. I’m done here, carry on with your quaint rituals. Hell no! I won’t go!

I spoke my piece. I mean if you guys are right Danny follows through and does it right? Yeah right! Dream on! It’s just a bad idea! See ya when you all come to your senses.:D

It’s hard for me to comprehend forumite’s sympathies for the plight of the purple and gold tbh. Constructing Death Star line-ups comprised of Jazz guys I’ve rooted for goes against everything I stand for. I hope they choke hard on their own arrogance honestly.

And this pipe dream of bringing Westbrick to town because he’s a future HOFer and will somehow make us a better free agent destination is equally misguided. As I’ve said before this is his last go-round, he knows it and he’s not being bought out. So how many more fans is he going to bait into having them perm-banned before he’s done with us. He’s toxic and probably the impetus for Gail to decide to pack it in. If you didn’t notice, he doesn’t play well with others. He’ll infect our young and put us in a tailspin. And still the apparent adulation and hope among some here that he’ll finish his career in Jazz colors (pukes).
Holy strawmam batman on that last paragraph

I know, right? Sorry boys, but I refuse to drink the koolaid. I’m done here, carry on with your quaint rituals. Hell no! I won’t go!

I spoke my piece. I mean if you guys are right Danny follows through and does it right? Yeah right! Dream on! It’s just a bad idea! See ya when you all come to your senses.:D
I'm so lost. I truly have no clue what you are talking about.

- IMHO Beasley as a very low, extremely high reward guy in a good contract; DA knows his business enough to know the value of this guy will most probably rise with time...
- Bogey is a super proven NBA scorer ready to help a team take another step and its a good expiring contract; he alone is worth a good first
- Clarkson is an exciting scorer on his own in a very good not expiring contract (PO for 23-24 I think) and he's a charismatic and exciting player

I don't see DA trading these guys for any less than fair value, and particularly can't imagine him parting ways with Beasley without gambling on him at least until February...

I really think Mike is a very valuable addition for any team, and his contract, even not being amicable, is set to expire before the new NBA rights deal kicks in in 2025 methinks... I bet Ainge will find a way not to pay anything hurtful to put him in another team...

The players that concerns me are Gay, Dok, Jared. There are about 10M there but at least they all expire by 2024 and Jared still has a little window to show up into a whole new situation.