What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

whatthe

I bet the Lakers want Bogey, Markkanan, Beasley for their two picks. They would wait until Markkanan is eligible to be aggregated to be traded.

NUMBERICA

Not to be a negative Nancy, but this Schroeder signing has me suspecting any WB trade will not involve the Jazz. Anybody have a more positive outlook?
Conley was never going there and I thought they sign Schroeder whether we're involved or not.

The positive spin that I'm offering (and taking in) is that this is a signal that they're gearing up for a Westbrook trade and that's the crux of all of this discussion.

NUMBERICA

I bet the Lakers want Bogey, Markkanan, Beasley for their two picks. They would wait until Markkanan is eligible to be aggregated to be traded.
Nope. They are very focused and motivated to clear cap-space.

Their best outcome is build a contender of expiring contracts in a single move which would give them the option of retaining Bird Rights (or a team option) which opens up a greater number of possibilities in the offseason.

I've been trying to craft a trade that brings LA Bogey, Beasley, and Turner and results in them sending basically all of the picks and swaps that they can ('26/'27/'29 super-ish swaps and '28 unprotected [so that they can have the option of trading '30 next offseason]) to us and Indiana but it's hard to figure out. That would make them a legit contender and they would have sign-and-trade optionality that might allow them to keep some of those players and go after a Kyrie at the same time.

On the topic of aggregating: what I'm eyeing is the Jazz sending THT to the Pacers for no returning salary in such an instance. But I don't know how that can really be worked out on the timelines everyone's looking at (training camp's coming up, teams are trying to finalize any big changes to their rosters, and THT can't be aggregated until October... I guess maybe you could just send him in a technically separate deal?).

Last edited:

NUMBERICA

Alright, this is huge but I think it makes sense for everyone

Lakers in:
Bogey, Turner, Beasley, maybe Vanderbilt (really kinda whoever is sendable that they want from us)

Lakers out:
Westbrook, '26 blind swap (Lakers get the lowest of any picks that convey to Jazz in '26, including picks yet to be acquired), '27 super swap (Lakers get lowest of Jazz/Cavs/Wolves), '28 unprotected, '29 swap, and 2nds

Jazz in:
Westbrook, '26 blind swap, '27 super swap, '29 swap, and 2nds

Jazz out:
Bogey, Beasley, maybe Vanderbilt, THT

Pacers out:
Turner

Pacers in:
'28 unprotected pick, THT

-Lakers get a legit contender and every possible option heading into next offseason, including retaining their pick in '30 for trading if they want.
-Jazz get some huge dice to roll (could be crazy valuable or not valuable at all), clean up the roster logjam, improve their own pick, and stay under the LT.
-Pacers get a pretty killer return on a dude they've been meh on for forever and is on an expiring contract.

Last edited:

NUMBERICA

Everyone seems to forget the Lakers signed Thomas bryant in the off season. He is a good fit starting st the 5 because of his stretch capabilities
I mean, he was really bad last year and his shot kinda fell off a cliff. He's a fine depth piece but if your plan is relying on him to anchor the paint on a contender then your plan ****ing sucks.

NUMBERICA

Alright, this is huge but I think it makes sense for everyone

Lakers in:
Bogey, Turner, Beasley, maybe Vanderbilt (really kinda whoever is sendable that they want from us)

Lakers out:
Westbrook, '26 blind swap (Lakers get the lowest of any picks that convey to Jazz in '26, including picks yet to be acquired), '27 super swap (Lakers get lowest of Jazz/Cavs/Wolves), '28 unprotected, '29 swap, and 2nds

Jazz in:
Westbrook, '26 blind swap, '27 super swap, '29 swap, and 2nds

Jazz out:
Bogey, Beasley, maybe Vanderbilt, THT

Pacers out:
Turner

Pacers in:
'28 unprotected pick, THT

-Lakers get a legit contender and every possible option heading into next offseason, including retaining their pick in '30 for trading if they want.
-Jazz get some huge dice to roll (could be crazy valuable or not valuable at all), clean up the roster logjam, improve their own pick, and stay under the LT.
-Pacers get a pretty killer return on a dude they've been meh about forever on and is an expiring contract.
Yo, like maybe this lineup is too big yo, but the Lakers should be killing themselves to get this lineup on the floor:

Bev
Lebron
Bogey
AD
Turner

depth pieces are Beasley, Vanderbilt, Schroeder. That's a legit playoff rotation, saying nothing of that some of their depth could be serviceable as well.

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
I don't think Schoreder change a lot things. If they go after some one, it would be Bogey, Beasley and Clarkson.