What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

If the Jazz get RW, they can trade him right before June 30th 2023 to the Knicks for Salary dumps and 2 unprotected picks (how ironic). You would take back Randle and Fournier.

Yes Randle is overpaid but if his lifetime contract was 20.million cheaper then it is a bargain (is two unprotected Knocks picks worth that? Yes!). You let him rehab his value and flip Randle.two.years later for another pick.

Last edited:
If the Jazz get RW, they can trade him right before June 30th 2023 to the Knicks for Salary dumps and 2 unprotected picks (how ironic). You would take back Randle and Fournier.

Yes Randle is overpaid but if his lifetime contract was 20.million cheaper then it is a bargain (is two unprotected Knocks picks worth that? Yes!). You let him rehab his value and flip Randle.two.years later for another pick.
Westbrook is expiring this next season, so the last he can be traded to another team is the trade deadline.

why would they wait for him to be on the Jazz? instead they could move EF+Randle+Rose or Reddish for him without dealing with the Jazz

Looking at Lakers media/social media, it's kind of surprising (and kind of not) that many seem to think that Hield is better than Bogey and don't recognize that Beasley is kind of like 95% of Hield.
Bogey is crazy underrated. If you look at his scoring volume and efficiency it’s bonkers. He’s also a better defender than Hield who would be basically unplayable in the playoffs… and bogeys contract situation is better.

why would they wait for him to be on the Jazz? instead they could move EF+Randle+Rose or Reddish for him without dealing with the Jazz
Because the Lakers want shooting and expirings. The Knicks want to dump salary. The Jazz would meet both their needs by holding Westbrook for the year and trading him again to the Knicks.

Because the Lakers want shooting and expirings. The Knicks want to dump salary. The Jazz would meet both their needs by holding Westbrook for the year and trading him again to the Knicks.

Lakers have been interested in Reddish and I don't think it would require as much draft capital.

Last edited:
One other option on the Bogey/Conley front. I think we could easily flip them to Philly for Tobias and their unprotected 29 pick. it would have multiple conditions on it though. I thought it might be free but it would be conditional on them giving a pick to OKC and Brooklyn (it is likely those picks convey... and those teams might amend the protections for an asset).

I think you could get some minor stuff in there and also flip Tobias if you wanted (like to Charlotte for Hayward and stuff).
I like this one a lot.

Another potential Conley deal is to Dallas for Bertans + Green + a 1st.
Nice. Finding a situation for Conley is pretty rough but this makes some sense. Honestly, any kind of 1st for Conley in this context is a good win.
Another one that I saw that sounded decent to me was Mike Conley to New Orleans for Jaxson Hayes, DeVonte’ Graham (salary purposes) and Garrett Temple (possibly waive). I think the idea was that getting Jaxon Hayes with Bird rights would be enough value, but I’d also want a pick swap in ‘27 (Pels and/or Bucks picks) because Graham still has 3 years, $36 million left on his deal and both Hayes and Graham have recent legal issues they’ve had to deal with.

Another one that I saw that sounded decent to me was Mike Conley to New Orleans for Jaxson Hayes, DeVonte’ Graham (salary purposes) and Garrett Temple (possibly waive). I think the idea was that getting Jaxon Hayes with Bird rights would be enough value, but I’d also want a pick swap in ‘27 (Pels and/or Bucks picks) because Graham still has 3 years, $36 million left on his deal and both Hayes and Graham have recent legal issues they’ve had to deal with.
Conley on the steep downhill side of his career is not worth anywhere near that value. We'll be lucky to get a protected pick with crappy filler contacts to match the dollars.

I love this idea.

The Jazz trade Mike Conley and the '27 Minesotta pick and gets the '27 and '29 Lakers picks. Conley goes to a team near Columbus (the Pacers). They receive Westbrook and Matthias Thybulle. The only downside is the Jazz take on 29 million in salary. Yikes! The Jazz are forced then to stretch/waive Westbrook to back out of the tax.

But, you still have Bogey, Clarkson, Beasely, and Vando and have the Laker picks. Omyfreakingheck what an accumulation and home run!? Just get the disgruntled DeAndre Ayton in January and the team won't need to tank. You can get a star in the middle of the '23 draft and just use the draft capital as it comes and develop talent which Utah is good at doing. That would be some fancy manuvering.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Sifu_Slim/status/1566551093118656512