What's new

Lakers Trade Idea

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously

The Lakers can give Deng a 3 year extension this year, make none of it guaranteed, then use the stretch provision. This would allow Deng to go to any team he wants and get paid again, overall making more money, just over a longer period of time. So yeah, they probably arent that hype on giving away Kuzma or Ingram. Don't think it's happening.

That's a risky move and I am not sure that Deng would like to do it but maybe. He says he wants out I just wish the lakers would trade ingram and Deng to us.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously

The Lakers can give Deng a 3 year extension this year, make none of it guaranteed, then use the stretch provision. This would allow Deng to go to any team he wants and get paid again, overall making more money, just over a longer period of time. So yeah, they probably arent that hype on giving away Kuzma or Ingram. Don't think it's happening.

"Depending on Deng's savviness as an investor, an additional $3 million in salary from the Lakers paid out over 11 years may be more than the net he would earn under his existing contract paid out over five years," Raiola continued.

I don't get that part... is he saying that invested money could be worth more than sitting in the bank? How is this relevant.

What a stupid rule NBA. What an incredible loophole.

Still think they might consider a deal because you never know. They might want LBJ, Cousins and PG and not Ingram (who makes $7.5 next year).

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I was trying to figure out if the Jazz had enough to trade Favors to Milwaukee for Parker and then have enough to make 25 mil to send to the Lakers for Deng and Ingram.

I was trying to figure out if the Jazz had enough to trade Favors to Milwaukee for Parker and then have enough to make 25 mil to send to the Lakers for Deng and Ingram.
If we were to hypothetically trade Favors and assets for a bad contract and Parker, we could trade expirings JoeJ, Udoh, Jerekbo and Thabo for Deng and Ingram

I dont think that is enough. Deng 4.:and ingram make 25 mil between them

Trade machine says that we could trade JJ ($10.5) and Burks ($10.9) at a total of $21.4 for Deng ($17.2) and Ingram ($5.5) at a total of $22.7. If you combine JJ ($10.5), Thabo ($5.5), Jerebko ($4.0) and Neto ($1.5) - you get $21.5. So it should work.

Trade machine says that we could trade JJ ($10.5) and Burks ($10.9) at a total of $21.4 for Deng ($17.2) and Ingram ($5.5) at a total of $22.7. If you combine JJ ($10.5), Thabo ($5.5), Jerebko ($4.0) and Neto ($1.5) - you get $21.5. So it should work.
Bingo. Do that trade 12/15

Except the lakers wouldnt want Burks because he has another year and they are trying to cut salary

Would any of you do

Randle, Deng, Hart, Chicago's 2019 2nd, LA's 2020 1st
for
Favors and Burks

Why for LA - they shed Deng's contract which saves them $9+ next summer and $20 in 2019. They might not want to extend Randle because of free agent targets. This trade allows them to pursue PG AND LBJ. They shed Deng but keep Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram.

Why for us - Randle has to be re-signed but he could be a good young asset for us. He is shooting 29% from three and should get better there. Hart is a decent prospect. Deng's contract sucks but we are doubtful to get a promising player like Randle in free agency or the draft.

Would any of you do

Randle, Deng, Hart, Chicago's 2019 2nd, LA's 2020 1st
for
Favors and Burks

Why for LA - they shed Deng's contract which saves them $9+ next summer and $20 in 2019. They might not want to extend Randle because of free agent targets. This trade allows them to pursue PG AND LBJ. They shed Deng but keep Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram.

Why for us - Randle has to be re-signed but he could be a good young asset for us. He is shooting 29% from three and should get better there. Hart is a decent prospect. Deng's contract sucks but we are doubtful to get a promising player like Randle in free agency or the draft.

No way in hell.

I wouldn't pay a ****ing dime for the right to match an overpay for a dinosaur. We get that for taking on a cap-killing contract.

I don't understand your obsession with Randle at all. He's a worse fit than Favors.

No way in hell.

I wouldn't pay a ****ing dime for the right to match an overpay for a dinosaur. We get that for taking on a cap-killing contract.

I don't understand your obsession with Randle at all. He's a worse fit than Favors.

My obsession is with a very promising young big man who can really help us. Due to limited spending this summer, Randle might sign a really bargain contract. He isn't a perfect fit next to Gobert for every opponent, but he is a definite upgrade over Favors at PF. And he will be an amazing small ball center when Gobert sits or is injured.

I'm telling you, Randle will be a very good player for a very long time.