What's new

Last good song you listened to?

You guys have good taste! Every so often I go on a Chris Thile bender. Fun fact, I assumed bluegrass was terrifically old but it turns out it only dates back to about the 1940's and created out of nothing by one man called Bill Monroe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Monroe

Bluegrassy Elliott Smith cover by Chris Thile and friends. Incredible virtuoso.

Are you from Adelaide? Noticed you are a Rake fan too. Cool cool.

I'm far too urbane and cultured to be from a backwater like Adelaide. I actually graced that dunghole of a town once with my presence, i get the feeling people don't actually live there its more like they survive the place.

I'm far too urbane and cultured to be from a backwater like Adelaide. I actually graced that dunghole of a town once with my presence, i get the feeling people don't actually live there its more like they survive the place.

Ah, but I take it you are an Aussie? How are those fires doing? Subtly mocked any New Zealanders recently?
tumblr_msb3wpLYVd1qc67tzo4_250.gifv

Last edited:
Ah, but I take it you are an Aussie? How are those fires doing? Subtly mocked any New Zealanders recently?
tumblr_msb3wpLYVd1qc67tzo4_250.gifv

Criminal activity aside I do very few things with any degree of subtly. Being a Kiwi i'm sure I couldn't care less what you take, I'd assume it would be advantage of sheep but that's besides the point. Never call me a ****ing crow eater again!

Ah, I guess we can be friends after all! You're right I have taken advantage of sheep. My last girlfriend was Flossy, Ms.New Zealand!

While I'm on the subject of good *** songs!:

Ah, I guess we can be friends after all! You're right I have taken advantage of sheep. My last girlfriend was Flossy, Ms.New Zealand!

While I'm on the subject of good *** songs!:

I had a kiwi girlfriend who was very fond of them. She was a vegan and dated me so clearly her taste is rubbish.

Can't vouch for your quality but I beg to differ on FOTC. Adore them. Sort of dig Tame Impala but I have to say Australia's musician output seems kind of measly. (at least that have had sound waves that have traveled to us North American scum, granted it's a long way and not really worth the bother) Who else is there? Nick Cave? Id welcome him Into My Arms-oh lord. Reaching into my pockets a bit here, have you seen He Died With a Felafel In His Hand? Groovy movie if you get the chance.,, Im confused now are you a Kiwi or a Roo? Never been to that continent myself but always felt a kinship with Kiwis and erm aussies. It always seemed to me to be the upside down parallel universe version of Canada (I'm a canuck) where people talk a bit funny, its hot not cold, and surf instead of ski.

Edit: You've got my mind on a tangent. I get the impression that you guys dont always love each other but Australian and New Zealand tv and movies are so good OMG Farscape is so frelling good. Edit: On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of the better bonds...George Lazenby got robbed by the critical consensus....mmm and dipped in rich creamery butter.

Edit:Crowded House/Split Enz

Last edited:
Can't vouch for your quality but I beg to differ on FOTC. Adore them. Sort of dig Tame Impala but I have to say Australia's musician output seems kind of measly. (at least that have had sound waves that have traveled to us North American scum, granted it's a long way and not really worth the bother) Who else is there? Nick Cave? Id welcome him Into My Arms-oh lord. Reaching into my pockets a bit here, have you seen He Died With a Felafel In His Hand? Groovy movie if you get the chance.,, Im confused now are you a Kiwi or a Roo? Never been to that continent myself but always felt a kinship with Kiwis and erm aussies. It always seemed to me to be the upside down parallel universe version of Canada (I'm a canuck) where people talk a bit funny, its hot not cold, and surf instead of ski.

Edit: You've got my mind on a tangent. I get the impression that you guys dont always love each other but Australian and New Zealand tv and movies are so good OMG Farscape is so frelling good. Edit: On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of the better bonds...George Lazenby got robbed by the critical consensus....mmm and dipped in rich creamery butter.

Edit:Crowded House/Split Enz

I used to work with a girl that was married to one of the flogs from Lame Impala they're rubbish. But you're right not much good music coming out of Australia anymore, i remember the good old days...

one of the newer local acts I like, Conway Savages niece from the Bad Seeds.

Oh yeah and my favourite band but they hardly ever play anymore...

Last edited: