What's new

Last Restaurant You Ate At?

The University Mall location.

One more thing. The blue cheese dressing was ranch with blue cheese crumbles in it. THAT'S NOT BLEU CHEESE DRESSING!

That place sounds pretty disappointing. I haven't been to the sandy one in a while, but it was definitely much better. Hopefully it doesn't suck now too.

I had cupbob at a fair type thing and I had heard it was good. It was pretty disappointing. They asked for the spiciness level of my spicy pork and I said 10/10. The guy acted like I was nuts and suggested I back that down to 8/10. I was like okay, maybe they go totally crazy with the spiciness and while I like really spicy food I'm not trying to do an eating competition thing, just wanted some noodles and rice with some spicy pork. So it turns out the spiciness level is determined by how much of their sriracha/mayo dressing they put on it. ****. I can drink a 16oz bottle of sriracha like it's a soft drink, let alone a sriracha/mayo mix. And it seemed like that was the backbone of flavor in my cup, so yeah, not super impressed by those guys.

Cupbob can go **** a stick. I know the guys that own it and I don't have anything against them, but they're making a ton of money and I'm jealous.

It's also not that great honestly, no Korean place in Utah is passable by my standards. If you want Korean food, PM me.

Cupbob can go **** a stick. I know the guys that own it and I don't have anything against them, but they're making a ton of money and I'm jealous.

It's also not that great honestly, no Korean place in Utah is passable by my standards. If you want Korean food, PM me.

I'm dying for good Korean. Not a single decent place in SLC.

Define good.

I mean, I don't like most Korean food in general so I didn't eat at too many restaurants in Korea when I lived there, but the food I did like there I can get here in Utah and it's generally good, though the Korean place I like the Koreans I know don't find it all that great.

Define good.

I mean, I don't like most Korean food in general so I didn't eat at too many restaurants in Korea when I lived there, but the food I did like there I can get here in Utah and it's generally good, though the Korean place I like the Koreans I know don't find it all that great.

I'm not an expert, but I'd love a place where I can get a good tofu, bone, or rice cake stew, with a side of high quality kimchi. Been to E Jo, Jang Soo Jang and one or two others, and was not impressed. There are a couple of decent Korean BBQ places, but that's just not what I'm looking for.

Miss this dude. You're better than just showing up when Korean food comes up as a topic. Stick around.

I don't do Korean food, but there is a place by the Home Depot on Union Park called It's Tofu. Owner is genuine Korean. Not sure if any of you have tried it.

I don't do Korean food, but there is a place by the Home Depot on Union Park called It's Tofu. Owner is genuine Korean. Not sure if any of you have tried it.

Korean BBQ is damn good. Gota new place down the block from me thats always packed.

I've tried It's Tofu. They do good silken tofu soup for a utah place but so does myunga and most of the other places here. The korean places in the valley, afaik, are all owned by legit Koreans. That's not the problem. They all cater to what they perceive as american flavor. I'm not saying they dont make actual Korean food. But they dumb it down with their giant *** menus that sell the same dumb stuff.

Focus on a couple of dishes that are delicious and popular in SK but obscure here and do them well. Trust Americans to learn to enjoy and pay for it. I wanna see some Dalkgalbi, Gamjatang, kalguksu with bossam, nakji bokkum, mul huey, korean ****ing fried chicken, ddukbokki, and sundubu done proper. Amirite m8s?

Last edited:

Time to revive this Korean discussion.

I personally think Korean food is the best food hands down.

I have yet to find a good Korean food place in SLC. I really liked Sam Hawk in Provo but nothing in SLC is nearly as good to me. I do make my own Korean food though and like it more since I make it the way I like certain dishes. I also usually use higher quality meat especially for simple dishes like Bulgogi.

Good to know. My wife won a gift card to that place a few weeks ago but we have not got around to using it. Maybe ill go soon if its good.

My wife, daughter, and I all got different curries(Shrimp, coconut chicken, lamb) and shared. It was a bit much. Next time I'll order something else or another side(we ordered one of their breads) to add some more variety.

Time to revive this Korean discussion.

I personally think Korean food is the best food hands down.

I have yet to find a good Korean food place in SLC. I really liked Sam Hawk in Provo but nothing in SLC is nearly as good to me. I do make my own Korean food though and like it more since I make it the way I like certain dishes. I also usually use higher quality meat especially for simple dishes like Bulgogi.

I hear the chow is great in Pyongyang, they do gruel 20 different ways. There is a whole bunch of Korean BBQ joints opening up round Melbourne, a few of them deliver to work and the price are normally pretty good, its normally the go to order if i forget to take my dinner in.

I went to Tacos 27 the other day, it's at the Fashion Place Mall.

It wasn't bad but I didn't like it. Very modern clean upscale decor. You can get a small order or a large order, the small is two tacos, large is four tacos. Prices vary based on what you get but it's about $7 for the small order and $14 for the large. No sides. I ordered a side of cilantro lime rice and I got about 2-3 tablespoons of rice in a separate porcelain dish for I think $1, the rice wasn't very flavorful. The waitress described the tacos as "street-style" but they were much larger than a typical street taco and they all had fancy ingredients like pickled onion, radishes, etc. They do have an extensive, and overpriced, alcohol menu. They serve drinks with a focus on fancy presentation.

I like my tacos places divey and cheap. Tacos 27 is trying to appeal to well to do women.

I went to Tacos 27 the other day, it's at the Fashion Place Mall.

It wasn't bad but I didn't like it. Very modern clean upscale decor. You can get a small order or a large order, the small is two tacos, large is four tacos. Prices vary based on what you get but it's about $7 for the small order and $14 for the large. No sides. I ordered a side of cilantro lime rice and I got about 2-3 tablespoons of rice in a separate porcelain dish for I think $1, the rice wasn't very flavorful. The waitress described the tacos as "street-style" but they were much larger than a typical street taco and they all had fancy ingredients like pickled onion, radishes, etc. They do have an extensive, and overpriced, alcohol menu. They serve drinks with a focus on fancy presentation.

I like my tacos places divey and cheap. Tacos 27 is trying to appeal to well to do women.

Awesome street tacos at Market Night every Thursday in Redlands, CA. Vendors set up all kind of booths and there are maybe 4 or 5 serving street tacos of which 2 of them are fantastic. 3 tacos for 5 bucks, 6 for 9.

There's a taco place close to me, Taquria El Ray De Oros, they are awesome. Actual street style tacos, $0.99 each except fish tacos are $1.50. They have other stuff but i always get the pastor and chicken tacos.

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

There's a taco place close to me, Taquria El Ray De Oros, they are awesome. Actual street style tacos, $0.99 each except fish tacos are $1.50. They have other stuff but i always get the pastor and chicken tacos.

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app
Da **** is a pastor taco?