What's new

Last Restaurant You Ate At?

I used to eat at Chipotle a lot, but I don't want to get E Coli, so I stopped for a while.

I ate at this Curry cart downtown last week because I was attending a conference at the Salt Palace, and I walked over there. It was super spicy, but super good. It was called the Curry'er.

Also, CupBob is amazing, and they now have it at the delta center, it used to just be on food trucks.

I had cupbob at a fair type thing and I had heard it was good. It was pretty disappointing. They asked for the spiciness level of my spicy pork and I said 10/10. The guy acted like I was nuts and suggested I back that down to 8/10. I was like okay, maybe they go totally crazy with the spiciness and while I like really spicy food I'm not trying to do an eating competition thing, just wanted some noodles and rice with some spicy pork. So it turns out the spiciness level is determined by how much of their sriracha/mayo dressing they put on it. ****. I can drink a 16oz bottle of sriracha like it's a soft drink, let alone a sriracha/mayo mix. And it seemed like that was the backbone of flavor in my cup, so yeah, not super impressed by those guys.

Even Stevens just opened in St. George and am elated to report that moms will take their seven children to eat there for $9 a pop causing many to wait like cattle for ordering. It being the old Cafe Rio building and all, I was delighted to see the Escalades idling in through-traffic areas and outlets just like old times

Benjas, I work there. Also I work Wednesday night (12/16) at 5p.m. ancestor square location in St. Gizzy, ask for James - let me know your a jazzfanz member (who you are) i'll buy you a sticky rice and mango dessert! [OMGWTFBBQ THAT'S A 7.99 RETAIL VALUE!!!] also point you in all the right directions for a damn good dinner.

p.s. our sushi is the best in town. sakura can go f themselves.

for those of you who haven't eaten at Benjas yet I would say it's probably close to the number 1 recommended restaurant in STG. Definitely #1 Thai.

Even Stevens just opened in St. George and am elated to report that moms will take their seven children to eat there for $9 a pop causing many to wait like cattle for ordering. It being the old Cafe Rio building and all, I was delighted to see the Escalades idling in through-traffic areas and outlets just like old times

Love Even Stevens. Also, large families are people too, and they gotta eat like the rest of us.

Spice Indian restaurant. It is very close to my place, so I go there often. Pretty much run-of-the-mill $15 entrees Indian food.

Have you eaten at Bombay House, and if so, how do you think they compare?

Bombay House in Provo? Go around the corner to India Palace. Quicker service, better food.

If you want better, go to Kohinoor in Orem. As far as SL area, Royal India in Sandy.

Benjas, I work there. Also I work Wednesday night (12/16) at 5p.m. ancestor square location in St. Gizzy, ask for James - let me know your a jazzfanz member (who you are) i'll buy you a sticky rice and mango dessert! [OMGWTFBBQ THAT'S A 7.99 RETAIL VALUE!!!] also point you in all the right directions for a damn good dinner.

p.s. our sushi is the best in town. sakura can go f themselves.

for those of you who haven't eaten at Benjas yet I would say it's probably close to the number 1 recommended restaurant in STG. Definitely #1 Thai.

I'm curious if Peeks agrees.

It's funny how serious we as people (myself very much included) are about our food and feel very strongly about it. No, that place sucks! This is better!

I really like thai food. In Jackson Hole where I live for the summer I eat it like 2x per week. In salt lake I have been disappointed the past few times with my regular thai places (thaisiam, sawadee)

Anybody have good thai recs in salt lake area?

I was disappointed with Wing Nutz. Not enough sauce, spice level was bleh, too much smoke flavor, dry wings.

I was disappointed with Wing Nutz. Not enough sauce, spice level was bleh, too much smoke flavor, dry wings.
At a place called wing nutz I think dry wings is a cardinal sin. People can disagree on flavors, but I don't think anyone wants dry wings at a place that specializes in wings.

Bombay House in Provo? Go around the corner to India Palace. Quicker service, better food.

If you want better, go to Kohinoor in Orem. As far as SL area, Royal India in Sandy.

I started eating at Bombay House at their Sugar House location. I have eaten at the Provo location, but that was a pretty long time ago. Anyway, now they have a location walking distance from my house in Jordan Landing. So when I go I go to that location. They've been good. Their chicken has always been extremely moist and tender.

The dish I've had every time I've eaten at Bombay House is the Chicken Saag. Basically a spinach based dish with chicken. This is something that I like when it's ordered at medium heat or above. At mild the entire dish is missing something that adding hot stuff to after tha fact doesn't make up for.

@Siro, I think the thing is that they have tried to push the garlic and onion (and probably other flavors) naan, and see the "plain" as a cheap-out, and since they're pushing the flavored naan they probably don't think a lot about their basic naan making practices. But naan is an essential part of eating Indian food. My wife is typically very picky about the rice at sushi places (something I notice once she's pointed it out) but she hasn't complained about the naan at Bombay House. Probably because we actually haven't tried too many different ones and she probably can't really compare good naan to mediocre naan.

Just for kicks pics... I dragged these guys to an Indian restaurant in Hong Kong. The waiter was relieved once I added naan and basmati rice to our order.

kku8.jpg

From left to right: FC2 Dillio, FC3 Friskie, FC2 Young, FC2 Clutts

I'm curious if Peeks agrees.

It's funny how serious we as people (myself very much included) are about our food and feel very strongly about it. No, that place sucks! This is better!

You must not be STG, you'd already know!!

Last edited:

Which location did you go to? I went to the one out on 9400 s last year and really liked it.

The wings are baked though, so that might have something to do with the dryness.

Which location did you go to? I went to the one out on 9400 s last year and really liked it.

The wings are baked though, so that might have something to do with the dryness.

The University Mall location.

One more thing. The blue cheese dressing was ranch with blue cheese crumbles in it. THAT'S NOT BLEU CHEESE DRESSING!