What's new

Last Restaurant You Ate At?

Anyone ever go to the Break in Daybreak? I like it. Goos food and great atmosphere and live music. I'm building my house in Daybreak so I'm planning on this being my go to spot for Jazz games.

I haven't been there but I've been to The Porch next door to it. The Porch is really good for dinner. Like really good. But I also went for brunch and it was mediocre. Having the brunch has made me hesitant to go back for dinner. Wondering if we just caught them at the right time for dinner.

Edit: I posted this but failed to quote Archie the first time...

Going to godfathers for the buffet again tonight.

20171104_181531_zpspr8ho1ji.jpg

Ate at a medievil dinner and jousting show in Dallas tonight. The food quality scaled with the show. 6.5/10

A place called El Valle Taqueria took the location of Mad Greek on 54th S just west of Bangerter. I've been there twice now. First time I got an adobada burrito and while it was edible it was below average. They had a salsa bar and I basically turned it into a smothered burrito and it was still just okay. I decided to give them another shot by trying their tacos. I don't think they season their meat. Like at all. Of course the adobada is seasoned, but in the very most basic way possible. I tried Asada, just cooked beef, no seasoning, carnitas, tender and all, but bland AF, and adobada, not very flavorful compared to any other adobada I've had. Their salsa is pretty good. Their green salsa has some heat and their red salsa is spicy for sure.

Service is slow. They seem disorganized. You can't turn left to get there, you have to go through the next intersection, because you can't turn left their, either, and do a thru-section thing half-way up the block from there. Same thing leaving, you can't turn left. You'd have to go back across Bangerter then flip a u-turn and come back across Bangerter again. I highly doubt they last a year.

Ate a hotdog today at the NASCAR Texas 500. It was actually pretty damn good.

Been there once before. MsSerp and I got to drive one of the Busch brothers around the track before the race as he stood in the bed and waved to crowd and the crowd booed him and called him names. Good times.

Last edited:
Recently discovered a new restaurant. The Mountain Bistro in Parowan, UT. It is a Chinese place and the food is absolutely amazing. I'm no expert but it is the best Chinese I have ever eaten. The menu is pretty large for a small town restaurant, large portions, food is always hot and the process are decent. Amazing food, it is now a favorite of ours. So far we have had their Special Fried Rice, Sesame chicken, garlic chicken, deep fried shrimp and sweet and sour pork. All excellent.

I ate there Friday at about 2:00 p.m. As expected, it was generic Chinese gourmet. I had the Mongolian beef lunch special (B10) for $7.50. The main entree was great, as usual in these types of joints, but wasn't spicy enough and had this weird sweetness hint to it.

The fried rice was inedible. It was over fried to hardness and contained almost nothing else.

The egg roll was disgusting.

The egg drop soup was good (if you can ever call egg drop soup that), but I like to spice mine up a bit and the restaurant had no chili oil, or even better, Chiu Chow chili oil.

I'd eat there again. I left fuller than necessary and left plenty on the table. If the rice were cooked better I could have easily shared a $7.50 meal with my wife and still left some food on the table.

I ate there Friday at about 2:00 p.m. As expected, it was generic Chinese gourmet. I had the Mongolian beef lunch special (B10) for $7.50. The main entree was great, as usual in these types of joints, but wasn't spicy enough and had this weird sweetness hint to it.

The fried rice was inedible. It was over fried to hardness and contained almost nothing else.

The egg roll was disgusting.

The egg drop soup was good (if you can ever call egg drop soup that), but I like to spice mine up a bit and the restaurant had no chili oil, or even better, Chiu Chow chili oil.

I'd eat there again. I left fuller than necessary and left plenty on the table. If the rice were cooked better I could have easily shared a $7.50 meal with my wife and still left some food on the table.

Just searched for Chiu Chow chili oil. I've got a full weekend coming up, but next weekend I'm making some of this. It seems to follow my mantra of: There's no such thing as too much garlic.

Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ.

Cheeseburger, French fry, small cheesesteak, small sausage and peppers, small milk, bottle of water for $40. Add in $75 foe entry, and we've spent $115 on standing in line for an hour and seeing a "mermaid" for all of one minute. Good times.

I'm leaving for St George in a few for the weekend. I plan on eating at the Rib and Chop House tonight. There's another one of those in Billings, MT I go to for work too. Love their bison steak, ribeye and lamb chops. Their pork chop is next level though.

I found myself here Thursday night on the patio after forgetting Player's is closed (it's across the street). I give it a C-minus

I had their wings and they sucked. They only had one flavor of wings which wasn't very good, and they weren't plump. I would rather fry up some Tyson chicken tenders and soak them in Louisiana Hot Sauce (don't even need butter or anything else to make the sauce better than this joint's).

C is from their terrible wings. C-minus for the tasteless blue cheese. Ranch would have been better.

Just searched for Chiu Chow chili oil. I've got a full weekend coming up, but next weekend I'm making some of this. It seems to follow my mantra of: There's no such thing as too much garlic.

I honestly added that just for you. Figured you'd be the only one to take note. ;)

Went to One More Noodle House. It's located in China City Shopping Center where CY Noodle House Used to be (CY Noodle House is now located where Hot Dynasty used to be and it looks like their menu has changed a few times since I visited shortly after they opened in their original location). One More just opened either last weekend or the weekend before that.

They only have about 10 items on the menu, two of the items, Dan Dan noodles and Corn Pork Noodles (there wasn't any corn in it) are dry, the rest is in broth.

I got Braised Sichuan Beef Noodles, my wife got the corn pork noodles.

They have complimentary Barley Tea, which I had never had before. It was very light but rich and satisfying. Today was a cold day that saw a combination of rain, sleet, hail and maybe a little snow in the valley, first of the year. So it was a perfect day for some barley tea and noodles in bone broth.

They were very interested in our feedback, but around the time we finished they were dealing with some other stuff so I didn't get much of a chance to give them detailed feedback. Really it was all very good.

The Sichuan Beef Noodles was delicious. He was asking me how spicy I wanted it at the register then got a little nervous when I told him I wanted it quite spicy and told me they had chili oil on the table. Their chili oil is made in house, btw, and it's good. My wife wanted to try some of mine so I told him that I'd probably be better off adding the chili oil myself. There was delicious fatty braised beef a small amount of green veggies(I should know what they're called but I don't remember right now) and cilantro all with perfectly cooked noodles in a wonderful bone broth. The broth is not overly seasoned at all, not very salty. But it is very rich and deep and satisfying. The one thing I did verify when I was leaving was that it was bone broth and you could kind of see the young man's chest puff up a little as he happily and confidently told me it was. I didn't really need to ask, to be honest, I just wanted to let him know that I knew what that was as I told him that I thought it was excellent.

My wife's dish the Corn Pork Noodles came with minced pork, cilantro carrots and some chopped dried chilies. She's a wimp when it comes to spicy food and I was worried the dried chilies would make it too spicy, but she said it was perfectly spicy. She enjoyed her dish but didn't completely finish it. I think both her's and mine were quite simple in a way, but executed very well. Nothing over the top or flashy about the flavors, but solid satisfying flavors none the less.

On the table they have the aforementioned chili oil, soy sauce and Chinese black vinegar. I use Chinese black vinegar for cooking, it's really awesome stuff. I've never seen it on the table at a restaurant before. I added some to my soup, maybe a little too much, really, but it was good.

Anyway, give these guys a shot. Don't go in expecting too much, the food is fairly basic. But I enjoyed it a lot and I'll try them again for sure.

@mods, can we merge this into the Best Places to eat in Utah thread?

I've searched for either both a few times and come up with a different one. Would be better to have all this in one place.