What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

That would be "AMOK". Honestly, I haven't seen anybody ever confusing AWOL with AMOK, but perhaps I have been looking at wrong places.
Nah it’s an American thing. People will say “so-and-so went AWOL,” when it’s clear it doesn’t at all for the definition, and typically failing to realize it’s an acronym and not a word.

Nah it’s an American thing. People will say “so-and-so went AWOL,” when it’s clear it doesn’t at all for the definition, and typically failing to realize it’s an acronym and not a word.
I think when some people think of someone going AWOL in military people think about someone losing their **** in the middle of a war, not being able to mentally handle it and running away. So when people say "AWOL" they are talking about going crazy in the way you would during a time of extreme stress.

Last edited:
I've never heard anyone use AWOL to describe going crazy like that. Maybe it's just my acquaintance group I guess. I do know quite a few military and ex-military folks. But I've never heard it in that context.

Maybe you guys just hang out with a lot of dumb people.

I've never heard anyone use AWOL to describe going crazy like that. Maybe it's just my acquaintance group I guess. I do know quite a few military and ex-military folks. But I've never heard it in that context.

Maybe you guys just hang out with a lot of dumb people.
well they do hang out on jazzfanz so..........

Neither the American Urban dictionary or American Slang dictionary mention anything about AWOL being used like that. Seems like it is not an all-american thing at least.

Neither the American Urban dictionary or American Slang dictionary mention anything about AWOL being used like that. Seems like it is not an all-american thing at least.
It's people misusing the word. Like when someone says "for all intensive purposes."

He is bequeefed.

***** is one those words that elicits a chuckle from me consistently.
Wooget is another one. Bo dagget and dingleberry too.

I have matured a lot as i have gotten older but not all that much i guess

***** is one those words that elicits a chuckle from me consistently.
Wooget is another one. Bo dagget and dingleberry too.

I have matured a lot as i have gotten older but not all that much i guess
Yeah none of us really mature as much as we might think. Hell it completely cracks me up to fart in bed and get my wife's response. Not many things funnier than a well-timed fart.

Yeah none of us really mature as much as we might think. Hell it completely cracks me up to fart in bed and get my wife's response. Not many things funnier than a well-timed fart.
Agreed