What's new

Legit Jazz Draft Rumor

jazznmagic

Take this however you want to, and to be honest with you, I dont care if you believe me or not when I state it, but I still know what I was told is legit and very well could happen on draft night.

My friend's second counselor in his singles ward is Randy Rigby. He and Randy have visited alot lately about the Jazz and my buddy talked with me the other night and shared with me his discussion with Randy Rigby from last night. He told me that Randy told him that the jazz absolutely love Alek Burk and will take him if he is available at 12. He said that Randy told him that Alec Burk outplayed Klay Thompson in every aspect of the game yesterday except for three point shooting. Randy told him that the jazz feel that there is a good chance that Burks could drop to the jazz at 12 and that if he does, the jazz will absolutely draft him.

I asked my buddy what Randy told him regarding our number 3 pick and Randy said that although alot could change before the draft, the jazz right now appear to have a deal worked out with the kings. The jazz will draft kanter with the third pick and then trade him to the kings and the jazz will get the kings number 7 pick where the jazz will take kemba walker. The jazz also will get sacramento's first round draft pick next year in return for kanter. This is all assuming that irving and williams are off the board inthe first two which they most likely will be.

Again take it for what you will, but as it stands, the jazz will draft kanter and trade him to sacramento for their number 7 pick where the jazz will take kemba walker and then also get next years first round draft pick from the kings. not sure if its protected or not, althought i would assume it will be. Then at twelve we take burks if he is on the board still.

Thoughts?

I asked my buddy what Randy told him regarding our number 3 pick and Randy said that although alot could change before the draft, the jazz right now appear to have a deal worked out with the kings. The jazz will draft kanter with the third pick and then trade him to the kings and the jazz will get the kings number 7 pick where the jazz will take kemba walker. The jazz also will get sacramento's first round draft pick next year in return for kanter. This is all assuming that irving and williams are off the board inthe first two which they most likely will be.

Doubt it, Jazz weren't impressed with Kemba

I agree with the Burks part because the Jazz are really keeping this workout on the down low. We all heard about how Knight did decent in his shooter and how Jimmer out played Kemba but we haven't heard anything (besides vagueness) about Thompson and Burks except that it was good.

I like the part about Burks, its somewhat believable too. The 2nd part about the Kings is bull though. Have they even displayed interest in Kanter or worked him out?

I have to say that I wouldn't be at all that disappointed if we got Burks at 12. I think that he hasn't been talked about as much here on the boards because most of us think he is going to be gone when we draft at 12.

As for the other part I really hope that isn't the case. I don't want Walker and haven't from the start.

King's gonna suck again next year for sure... so that draft pick could be quite valuable.

So although I'm not thrilled about Kemba + Burks, I can see why we'd make a play for one of the wing players next year.

If I'm a really patient guy, and looking long term, I'd do this deal.

Honestly there's not that many players that would make me mad at #12. They all seem to have a decent amount of potential as well as a decent amount of risk. I could make a case for any number of players there in my mind.

Wait...I think I saw you when you were told this information. You didn't happen to be here by chance did you?

best-buy-store.jpg

**Edit: I didn't see Ron Boone's post** Too easy to joke about.

Good thing jazz executives tell their strategies to all their mormon friends. If so what a douche rigby is. also, if so i am ok with either deal as long as that kings pick is unprotected.

So Randy Rigby serves in a bishopric of a singles ward. With the Flash now gone, is it possible that we send our guys down to the singles ward to play on the stake level if they're not getting enough burn with the Jazz?

Oh Jesus. On the BS report on an ESPN podcast Bill Simmons suggested Kings trade Jason Thompson and #7 for the #3 pick. Then said Jazz should take Jimmer though with the #7 pick. Chad Ford said its possible b/c they like Kanter but wouldn't do the deal and said Demarcus Cousins instead. If the Jazz could get the #7 and Cousins somehow, that would be amazing. You would have to include more though. I love Big Al but if we got Cousins, Big Al would be expendable.

Oh Jesus. On the BS report on an ESPN podcast Bill Simmons suggested Kings trade Jason Thompson and #7 for the #3 pick. Then said Jazz should take Jimmer though with the #7 pick. Chad Ford said its possible b/c they like Kanter but wouldn't do the deal and said Demarcus Cousins instead. If the Jazz could get the #7 and Cousins somehow, that would be amazing. You would have to include more though. I love Big Al but if we got Cousins, Big Al would be expendable.

Cousins is a head-case and I honestly don't want him on this team. He is too full of himself and would hinder Favors development.

Interesting, but unless the Kings have another trade planned, I don't get their interest in Kanter. They are already laden with young bigs in Thompson, Cousins, and Whiteside. And ol' vet Samuel Dalembert started for them last year too...

I could see them letting go of Cousins if he has proven to much to handle for their staff. I don't think they trade Evans though.