What's new

legit work at home opportunities

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
My child is 18 years old. Has never had a job, and has extreme anxiety. This is not entirely related to her being transgender, but is almost certainly somewhat related.

My daughter has never tried to impose her gender identity on anyone. It is hard to get her to leave the house, honestly. She did the last several years of school online.

But she's 18. I feel strongly that she should either further her education or work.

I think the best option at this point is a work at home position. She has exceptional English skills, can type (I'm guessing) easily 50 wpm. I can type about 40 wpm, and she is a FAR better typer than I am.

She doesn't have any certifications or other hard credentials but she is very smart and exceptional with language.

If you know of any legit work from home opportunities or work opportunities where she wouldn't be subjected to harassment or ridicule, please pass them on. I would be extremely grateful!

My cousin learned medical coding and did it from home. It pays well. I assume it is still a position that hasn't been taken over by computers yet, but I'm not sure.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think this is what you're looking for, but perhaps encourage her to start a YouTube vlog or channel that showcases one of her talents. She can talk about her journey, struggles, challenges and connect with others that can sympathize or empathize. This might be something that can help build her confidence and social skills. Granted, there can be some pretty mean comments, but YouTube has been doing a good job of eliminating hate.

If her channel ever grew she could monetize it and make money for being her.

Again, this probably isn't what you're looking for, but just an idea. There are a lot of transgender people who do well on YouTube.

Try Indeed app. You can filter job searches for at home jobs. I ran into one where you grade reading papers a while back, but took another route. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app

There are at home customer service positions out there. I think apple does them and some other big name companies if you look around. Anyway, in the past I have received random emails from Indeed for positions at a company called Progrexion. I'm not sure why I get these because its not a position i'm searching for but it does seem like a decent option for working from home. Maybe it can help with her anxiety to speak with people in the comfort of her home. Keep in mind its customer service i'd assume there would be a few angry people on the phone at times.

https://jobs-progrexion.icims.com/j...edirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360

There are at home customer service positions out there. I think apple does them and some other big name companies if you look around. Anyway, in the past I have received random emails from Indeed for positions at a company called Progrexion. I'm not sure why I get these because its not a position i'm searching for but it does seem like a decent option for working from home. Maybe it can help with her anxiety to speak with people in the comfort of her home. Keep in mind its customer service i'd assume there would be a few angry people on the phone at times.

https://jobs-progrexion.icims.com/j...edirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360
Also, there may be those online chat customer service positions to avoid having to speak with anyone. I've never looked but there may be positions out there where she can work from home doing that. Just a thought.

Thanks for all the tips.

Pay isn't a real issue at the moment. It's more about getting that first job and going from there.

Maybe she could be an Uber driver. That way she could still have interactions with people and work on her anxiety around other people. The encounters would be brief and wouldnt have to see that person again.

I understand medical transcription could be steady and reasonably lucrative. It will require investing resources.

I understand medical transcription could be steady and reasonably lucrative. It will require investing resources.
That's pretty close to a dead field. I work for a hospital company and we laid off all our trascriptionists last year ad switched to voice-to-text.

Thanks for all the tips.

Pay isn't a real issue at the moment. It's more about getting that first job and going from there.
Are you in the Salt Lake area? There are lots of jobs in health care here. My gf works at a Nursing Home and they're always looking for help, can't get reliable people. I'm not sure about discrimination but there are quite a few people working at her place that can barely speak English.

That's pretty close to a dead field. I work for a hospital company and we laid off all our trascriptionists last year ad switched to voice-to-text.

med students do a lot of ours, think its a bit of a sheltered workshop.

DK0tCbQVoAAuGPA.jpg

I don't think this is what you're looking for, but perhaps encourage her to start a YouTube vlog or channel that showcases one of her talents. She can talk about her journey, struggles, challenges and connect with others that can sympathize or empathize. This might be something that can help build her confidence and social skills. Granted, there can be some pretty mean comments, but YouTube has been doing a good job of eliminating hate.

If her channel ever grew she could monetize it and make money for being her.

Again, this probably isn't what you're looking for, but just an idea. There are a lot of transgender people who do well on YouTube.

You’re a ****ing goof but I actually found this to be a very nice idea. It could be cathartic for her.