What's new

Let's talk Spurs and Jazz

Noomskull

We all know that the Spurs with Pop are one of the best teams of all time. There is no denying that but there is also no denying the mutual respect that Coach Q and Pop have for each other. Pop was quoted as saying, "Quin's been excellent and I don't say that in a perfunctory or in a light way, He's been in games against teams that are much more talented and they just come to compete every night." Pop would continue, "They're detailed, they execute, he keeps the same standards and demands and does it fairly and they've responded very, very well to him. Even though it's been a tough go with all the injuries, they're still getting better and their program is solid and one to be respected."

Now, When you have one of the most respected and winningest coaches of all time praise your program, you must be doing something right. The Jazz are on the right track and will be a force to be reckoned with in the forthecoming years.

Last edited:
Awesome quote. I hope the trend continues. Quin seems to be a great coach, super hard working and in the right situation.

Awesome quote. I hope the trend continues. Quin seems to be a great coach, super hard working and in the right situation.

One of the best moves the front office made(besides trading to draft Gobert) was to hire, Quin. He was absolutely the best coach for our young squad. There is so much potential here and Quin knows exactly how to we can reach it.

If Exum develops like they believe he can and the Jazz are able to retain the key members of the core (Hayward, Gobert, Favors, Hood) we might just see a perennial playoff team with the ability to make deep runs and challenge for a title.

So dumb of a thread.. Of course he is hgoing say nice things since he was on his staff.. This is a nothing comment. what you expect him to say the truth? The Jazz got a decent team but with roster they have at moment they can get a 7 or 8 seed every eyar, on good years, and then get beat by the warriors or us in first round. Because that is the truth.. This is so funny this thread.

So dumb of a thread.. Of course he is hgoing say nice things since he was on his staff.. This is a nothing comment. what you expect him to say the truth? The Jazz got a decent team but with roster they have at moment they can get a 7 or 8 seed every eyar, on good years, and then get beat by the warriors or us in first round. Because that is the truth.. This is so funny this thread.
So dumb of a post.. Of course you are hgoing to say negative things since you're an ***.. This is a nothing post. What do we expect you to say, something constructive? The Jazz got a decent young core of a team with a roster they have at the moment they can get a 7 or 8 seed this eyar, a good year to get to the playoffs and get experience against warriors or Spurs in the first round. Because that is the truth.. This is so trolly this post.

So dumb of a post.. Of course you are hgoing to say negative things since you're an ***.. This is a nothing post. What do we expect you to say, something constructive? The Jazz got a decent young core of a team with a roster they have at the moment they can get a 7 or 8 seed this eyar, a good year to get to the playoffs and get experience against warriors or Spurs in the first round. Because that is the truth.. This is so trolly this post.

Don't be a fool. He's a troll!! C'mon man. No need to fuel the troll. His trolling is so old, I no longer feel the need to respond, and u shouldn't either.

I've start lobbying to get you kicked off the site. It's long overdue. Do you realize how big of an a-hole you are?

I honestly see the Jazz modeling themselves after the Spurs. Retaining and developing the home grown talent while adding key role players who actually want to be here and bolstering team chemistry in the process.

We need the continuity and continued growth that coach Q can provide. Utah is a small market team and will most likely never be able to lure a star through free agency. We must continue to build from within just as the Spurs did on their way to 5 titles.

And for those that want to trade Burks....he is our Ginobili and you need guys like that off the bench to win it all.

I've start lobbying to get you kicked off the site. It's long overdue. Do you realize how big of an a-hole you are?

Dude put him on ignore. The only way I see one of his posts is if somebody quotes it. The only way he can muck up a thread is if people respond. I'm going to start negging people that respond to the worst trolls.

Dude put him on ignore. The only way I see one of his posts is if somebody quotes it. The only way he can muck up a thread is if people respond. I'm going to start negging people that respond to the worst trolls.

I haven't blocked him because I neg him most every time he posts.

Popovich modeled his team's after the glory days era jazz teams... "When I first came to the Spurs (coach Gregg Popovich) always used the Jazz as a reference, with Karl Malone and (John) Stockton and the way they played very physical," he said. "They used to beat up the Spurs."
- Tony Parker

Popovich modeled his team's after the glory days era jazz teams... "When I first came to the Spurs (coach Gregg Popovich) always used the Jazz as a reference, with Karl Malone and (John) Stockton and the way they played very physical," he said. "They used to beat up the Spurs."
- Tony Parker

Full circle.

Full circle.

Including the number of championships they've won compared to how many Utah won. Oh wait...
SA did things MUCH, MUCH better than Utah. They actually had a GM who knew how to draft. Jazz got Stockton/Malone and did fairly little after that. In the 9 years after taking Malone, Jazz got Dell Curry (can't remember who he was traded for after one season), Blue Edwards and Byron Russell, Just terrible, terrible talent evaluation by Utah.

Including the number of championships they've won compared to how many Utah won. Oh wait...
SA did things MUCH, MUCH better than Utah. They actually had a GM who knew how to draft. Jazz got Stockton/Malone and did fairly little after that. In the 9 years after taking Malone, Jazz got Dell Curry (can't remember who he was traded for after one season), Blue Edwards and Byron Russell, Just terrible, terrible talent evaluation by Utah.

But presently the Jazz have a great front office who know how to evaluate and draft talent...It's our turn to become a dynasty and make a run for multiple NBA titles.

But presently the Jazz have a great front office who know how to evaluate and draft talent...It's our turn to become a dynasty and make a run for multiple NBA titles.

I had a boss who used to say, "from your lips, to God's ears." Let's hope that's the case.
FO whiffed on Trey Burke. Hit home runs with Gobert and Hood. Exum was the highest ranked player on the board, so ANY GM probably would have taken him. Jury is still out on Lyles. Likely a decent backup, but Devin Booker looks every bit like an elite shooter. FO failed to secure a free agent when they had the cap room to do so. They CANNOT offer a 4-yr deal this summer if they hope to keep the "core-5" intact (five current starters plus Exum, less Neto - and no Burks). I've run the numbers elsewhere, will not repeat here, other than to say just those 5 could bring Utah right up to the tax threshold.

I had a boss who used to say, "from your lips, to God's ears." Let's hope that's the case.
FO whiffed on Trey Burke. Hit home runs with Gobert and Hood. Exum was the highest ranked player on the board, so ANY GM probably would have taken him. Jury is still out on Lyles. Likely a decent backup, but Devin Booker looks every bit like an elite shooter. FO failed to secure a free agent when they had the cap room to do so. They CANNOT offer a 4-yr deal this summer if they hope to keep the "core-5" intact (five current starters plus Exum, less Neto - and no Burks). I've run the numbers elsewhere, will not repeat here, other than to say just those 5 could bring Utah right up to the tax threshold.

I read it. Unless other players give us a home town discount to remain it will be very hard to keep Burks plus the 5 and still put a quality bench forth. Let's hope they buy in and are willing to overlook the money in favor of a championship.

We are a small market team. Maybe Trey hasn't developed into the "Deron Williams" type that they had envisioned but he still has value. So many times teams drafting in the top 5 "wiff" on a draft pick. Trey was picked 9th and he still has some decent value. He's an average to above player who can provide a team in title contention some depth and therefore has value. It's not like he's a bust. Trey can play in this league.

Pop just summarized what I think about the Jazz and Quin Snyder. I was putting his face on my signature as the FUTURE COY for a long time now. Why did I quit using it? Well it looked like too much of an image to see in every post I make and I usually make consecutive posts so it would be disturbing to see.