What's new

Let's talk Spurs and Jazz

tumblr_n9eibsvn3m1qzes98o1_1280.gif

So dumb of a thread.. Of course he is hgoing say nice things since he was on his staff.. This is a nothing comment. what you expect him to say the truth? The Jazz got a decent team but with roster they have at moment they can get a 7 or 8 seed every eyar, on good years, and then get beat by the warriors or us in first round. Because that is the truth.. This is so funny this thread.

Utah Jazz is a better rebuilt team than Denver Fuggets even for one of the best coaches ever.

Maybe you should hit the court and show your amazing basketball skills to Greg Popovich so he can take his words back.

I had a boss who used to say, "from your lips, to God's ears." Let's hope that's the case.
FO whiffed on Trey Burke. Hit home runs with Gobert and Hood. Exum was the highest ranked player on the board, so ANY GM probably would have taken him. Jury is still out on Lyles. Likely a decent backup, but Devin Booker looks every bit like an elite shooter. FO failed to secure a free agent when they had the cap room to do so. They CANNOT offer a 4-yr deal this summer if they hope to keep the "core-5" intact (five current starters plus Exum, less Neto - and no Burks). I've run the numbers elsewhere, will not repeat here, other than to say just those 5 could bring Utah right up to the tax threshold.

I hope Lyles is going to become much better than a decent backup. He is young(20 years old and won't be 21 till November) and has shown some really sweet game at times this year. I'm predicting he will be a borderline All-star within four years. He is fluid and fast and has great balance. You don't see it often but he has wheels.

Went to look for a video to back up my perceptions of Trey and found this:

https://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-west/utah-jazz/cerebral-trey-lyles-will-figure/

I had a boss who used to say, "from your lips, to God's ears." Let's hope that's the case.
FO whiffed on Trey Burke. Hit home runs with Gobert and Hood. Exum was the highest ranked player on the board, so ANY GM probably would have taken him. Jury is still out on Lyles. Likely a decent backup, but Devin Booker looks every bit like an elite shooter. FO failed to secure a free agent when they had the cap room to do so. They CANNOT offer a 4-yr deal this summer if they hope to keep the "core-5" intact (five current starters plus Exum, less Neto - and no Burks). I've run the numbers elsewhere, will not repeat here, other than to say just those 5 could bring Utah right up to the tax threshold.

A smart GM would trade picks like Kanter and Exum to foolish franchises like Boston last summer. There is huge value in not gambling with high draft picks in bad drafts.

The Millers don't do that because they know the foolish fan base will be loyal regardless, and they only have to sell a story and not an actual, honest build.

A smart GM would trade picks like Kanter and Exum to foolish franchises like Boston last summer. There is huge value in not gambling with high draft picks in bad drafts.

The Millers don't do that because they know the foolish fan base will be loyal regardless, and they only have to sell a story and not an actual, honest build.
You are so insightful. When the Miller's hired DL they probably said, "We realize you're a rising star who other teams have been interested in hiring, but this is a dead end job where we are not actually trying to win a championship. In other words, your career is going to stagnate because we won't give you the support you need... but on the upside you'll get to realize your lifelong dream of being an NBA GM. Now, we just need you to sign this non-disclosure to promise us that our gullible fan-base never hears about the scam we're pulling over on them from you or your people. Sound good?"

You are so insightful. When the Miller's hired DL they probably said, "We realize you're a rising star who other teams have been interested in hiring, but this is a dead end job where we are not actually trying to win a championship. In other words, your career is going to stagnate because we won't give you the support you need... but on the upside you'll get to realize your lifelong dream of being an NBA GM. Now, we just need you to sign this non-disclosure to promise us that our gullible fan-base never hears about the scam we're pulling over on them from you or your people. Sound good?"

Most fans here are as oblivious as you to the business aspects of the NBA. Think about it...

Most fans here are as oblivious as you to the business aspects of the NBA. Think about it...
If the Jazz rebuild fails to put them on top you will get to point to it as proof that what you are saying is true (while you will continue to conveniently ignore the success of previous Jazz teams, Spurs teams, Thunder teams...)